CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #61
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Manti Te'o or Johnny Manziel For Heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
His stats against Florida 23-30 0 int 173 yards, 60 yards rushing....LSU 29-56 3 int 276 yards, 82 rushing yards.
The Florida game wasn't bad, the 3 picks against LSU weren't good, but in fairness Florida was the second game of the year....2 of the best defenses in the country. The LSU game was in the middle of the season. He got better as the season progressed and being a freshman showing that kind of improvement is very important. He's a lock for the Heisman.
florida was A&M first game. the first game with LaTech was postponed. Florida new they couldn't beat them at halftime if they went the same way. They cranked it up on defense and pounded it with the run
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #62
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He's getting all the attention because he plays for ND, they have a good defense, and they are undefeated and ranked #1....if ND was 7-5 nobody would even know his name.
Just like the only reason that anyone is talking about Manziel is they beat Bama and the two QBs ahead of teams lost.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #63
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Just like the only reason that anyone is talking about Manziel is they beat Bama and the two QBs ahead of teams lost.
So its not because he broke the SEC all time single season yardage record with over 4,600 yards from scrimmage while scoring 43 td's...24 passing and 19 rushing...while leading his team to a 10-2 record..those two loses being to BCS # 4 and #7 by 8 points combined...and a 9th place BCS ranking in his and Texas A&M's first season in the toughest football conference in America?

The kid has literally had the best statistical year of ANY FOOTBALL PLAYER TO EVER PLAY OFFENSE IN SEC HISTORY...EVER...and you believe the ONLY reason anyone is talking about him is because of what someone else failed to do while he was leading his team to victory over Alabama?

This argument of yours doesn't make any sense. You can certainly believe Te'o deserves it but your rub with Johnny Football is simply put...completely baseless.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #64
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Manziel in a landslide with Klein, and McCarron 2 and 3.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #65
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
So its not because he broke the SEC all time single season yardage record with over 4,600 yards from scrimmage while scoring 43 td's...24 passing and 19 rushing...while leading his team to a 10-2 record..those two loses being to BCS # 4 and #7 by 8 points combined...and a 9th place BCS ranking in his and Texas A&M's first season in the toughest football conference in America?

The kid has literally had the best statistical year of ANY FOOTBALL PLAYER TO EVER PLAY OFFENSE IN SEC HISTORY...EVER...and you believe the ONLY reason anyone is talking about him is because of what someone else failed to do while he was leading his team to victory over Alabama?

This argument of yours doesn't make any sense. You can certainly believe Te'o deserves it but your rub with Johnny Football is simply put...completely baseless.
No one was saying anything about him until they beat Bama and Oregon and KSU lost. I have no problem with him, like I said he had a great year. I just don't go with the mass hysteria that has suddenly started surrounding him.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #66
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
This your prediction or opinion?

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #67
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
No one was saying anything about him until they beat Bama and Oregon and KSU lost. I have no problem with him, like I said he had a great year. I just don't go with the mass hysteria that has suddenly started surrounding him.
So your having problems with him gaining attention as a first year player after breaking the all time single season yardage record in the SEC?

Golly, I wonder what could be the reason he wasn't receiving any pre-season hype for the heisman prior to ever playing a down of football at the D1 level?

It's almost like people are using his actual performance on the football field to determine who they think should win the thing or something.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #68
rolinb1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000750
rolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPitrolinb1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
I agree..
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #69
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Manziel will break all of Tebow and Cams records in one less game while the SEC is thr hardest it has EVER been
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #70
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
So your having problems with him gaining attention as a first year player after breaking the all time single season yardage record in the SEC?

Golly, I wonder what could be the reason he wasn't receiving any pre-season hype for the heisman prior to ever playing a down of football at the D1 level?

It's almost like people are using his actual performance on the football field to make their decisions on who wins or something.
No everyone is using 1 game to decided. Golly it's like everyone had to find some QB to vote for who hadn't loss in the last 3-4 games. His on field performance in 2 out of 3 games against top 10 teams he was nowhere to be found in the second half. May be they and you especially should actually watch the game and not just the inflated stats.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #71
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I don't agree with it, but wouldn't be shocked if Braxton Miller finishes in the top 5 voting

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #72
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
of course not, you like notre dame. you sir, have an agenda.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #73
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

the Heisman is just so watered down. people focus so much on Teo's INTs instead of whether or not entire teams scheme away from his which they dont. Who cares if a linebacker gets INT's off of tipped balls.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #74
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
the Heisman is just so watered down. people focus so much on Teo's INTs instead of whether or not entire teams scheme away from his which they dont. Who cares if a linebacker gets INT's off of tipped balls.

the guy just had his third straight 100 tackle season. plus 7INT and multiple sacks. i hate ND as much as anyone but he has been impressive

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #75
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Let's be honest, this award goes to the best player on the best team. It doesn't go to the most outstanding player in the country.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #76
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
Let's be honest, this award goes to the best player on the best team. It doesn't go to the most outstanding player in the country.
Let's hope rg3 changed that.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #77
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I'm pretty sure people were talking about Manziel right after the first game. And every game after that. I don't see how someone can watch him play and not vote for him. Of course most voters never see the actual players play, they just follow the AP story. If you vote for Manzielm then Clowney should win hands down next year (which is OK with me).
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #78
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

A local sports reported here in Jacksonville also does regional radio games for CBS. He did the radio for the SC/Clemson game. He is a heisman voter. He said he thought Clowney was the best player he had seen all season. He said he would vote Manziel 1st and Clowney 2nd. Te'o 3rd.

Last edited by CockTail; 11-28-2012 at 09:05 PM.
CockTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #79
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Manziel statistically was the most productive player in football this year. And he did it against the SEC. As a freshman.

Manziel, Teo, and Klein IMO will finish 1,2 and 3. Not sure what the order will be.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #80
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
A local sports reported here in Jacksonville also does regional radio games for CBS. He did the radio for the SC/Clemson game. He is a heisman voter. He said he thought Clowney was the best player he had seen all season. He said he would vote Manziel 1st and Clowney 2nd. Manziel 3rd.
Dang, He must love Johnny if he voted for him twice.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote