CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (826)
Call of Duty: Advanc (523)
Good Riddance to bad (456)
Keeping tailgate foo (316)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (288)
Bashing Players, coa (213)
An A to Z of Noah We (207)
The Comeback & T (206)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (97)
Wallpaper & Back (97)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #41
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gator Bowl Commish says USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Folks....If you are going to put down jacksonville or the stadium, could you please try to make up comments from THIS century.

Try to avoid looking stupid if at all possible. Good luck.
OK so they've torn down the old stadium. There was also very little parking around the old stadium, so we had to ride a bus for 20 minutes. What's the story with that now.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #42
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I was at the Cap One last year, and that's an old crappy stadium in a very bad part of town.
i had a great time though
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #43
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I was at the Cap One last year, and that's an old crappy stadium in a very bad part of town.
I'm pretty sure they're going to renovate it and modern-ize it in a few years.

But at least we showed up in that game!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #44
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

I just think it's awesome that we can debate what bowl we will be in. It wasn't too long ago that we would settle for the Rent a Center Bowl in fabulous Duluth, as long as we were bowling.
That said, it'd be nice to have a Gator Bowl trophy to have some redemption from 87.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #45
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
OK so they've torn down the old stadium. There was also very little parking around the old stadium, so we had to ride a bus for 20 minutes. What's the story with that now.

I will post some links if we do go, but I haven't ever had a problem for a Jag game. There is this lot about 2 blocks away that had a bar and real bathrooms. I would suggest that. If you stay downtown, I would take a water taxi or the Annebelle Lee over (large boat) I mean, why not take a boat. Haw many times can you say that you took a boat to see the cocks play?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #46
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
There are lots all around the stadium. Tailgaters is an entire lot just for the stadium. Brick bathrooms and a bar. 3 blocks to stadium.

http://tailgatersparking.com/wp-cont...1350582999.pdf

Also parking directly around the stadium
http://www.jaguars.com/everbank-field/parking-map.html
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #47
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff45ACP View Post
I just think it's awesome that we can debate what bowl we will be in. It wasn't too long ago that we would settle for the Rent a Center Bowl in fabulous Duluth, as long as we were bowling.
That said, it'd be nice to have a Gator Bowl trophy to have some redemption from 87.
Haha very true. The outback bowl with Lou was a HUGE deal. Now some fans are like really? were 10-2 and going to tampa?!

But yeah, that would be nice, but 2009 vs Iowa was awful too.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I guess we are getting spoiled these days...but Im going regardless if it is Tampa or Jax... I did not get to go last year, since the wife had to work Jan 2nd last year...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #49
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
i had a great time though
Me too. We stayed in the same hotel with all the players. That was great getting a chance to talk to so many of them.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #50
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
I will post some links if we do go, but I haven't ever had a problem for a Jag game. There is this lot about 2 blocks away that had a bar and real bathrooms. I would suggest that. If you stay downtown, I would take a water taxi or the Annebelle Lee over (large boat) I mean, why not take a boat. Haw many times can you say that you took a boat to see the cocks play?
How hard is it to ride back after the game with so many others wanting to do the same thing.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #51
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
How hard is it to ride back after the game with so many others wanting to do the same thing.
There are about 3 boats that go back and forth, plus the hotels are about a mile and a half or so from the stadium. You can bar hop back.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #52
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
There are about 3 boats that go back and forth, plus the hotels are about a mile and a half or so from the stadium. You can bar hop back.
Now that sounds pretty nice right there.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
Carolina Faithful
hooray beer

Male

CockyCash: 696
Carolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudlyCarolina Faithful is crowing loudly

I had a great time in Orlando last year. I'm personally hoping for Jacksonville purely for the convenience factor. I've yet to experience downtown/nightlife in Jacksonville and wouldn't mind trying it out.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #54
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

As long as Spurrier and the team take the bowl seriously and try to win it, I don't really care that much.

It would really suck, however, for Vandy or MSU to get picked before us after the year we had. Do not want that.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #55
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I can't get excited about playing Northwestern.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #56
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think we end up with either Wisconsin or Michigan in either Gator or Outback.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #57
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

outback vs northwestern..mark it
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #58
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I'm pretty sure they're going to renovate it and modern-ize it in a few years.

But at least we showed up in that game!
They've been saying that for years. All the money that was going towards that renovation was funneled into the new Amway Center for the Orlando Magic. The plan was to have the new basketball arena, a renovated citrus bowl, and a renovated performing arts center, but the economy went bad.

(I lived in Orlando for 15 years before coming to Carolina)
Old 11-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #59
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Same here. The positive is our fans will out number them at least 4/1.

I would rather Gator it against Michigan. It could be a reverse Red Dawn. COCKVERINES!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #60
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Wow, what a thread.

First, I lived in J'ville for a year. It is a great city, the landing area downtown along the river is excellent party scene, walking distance to the stadium. Beaches, Sawgrass/TPC...I would live there again. Less of a "shit hole city" than greensboro, nc. ;-)

Second, why in the hell would outback be pissed at us for 08-09...did they love OSU that much?

I still hope the cotton pulls a coup and picks us.