CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
b381l
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
Cockypantherfan
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
gamecockgal
Pw00132
garnet_black215
Polls (3415)
Gameday in Columbia (2984)
Gameday Sign Ideas (2731)
Clem5on fans are bes (2004)
Dylan Thompson's pas (1592)
ST coach fired this (1271)
SEC East Race as of (1203)
Let's talk about Mat (999)
Hardest Schedule (979)
UK fans and local sp (812)
Fall Practice
So, um, yeah the NFL over
James Thompson - 6'9"
Defensive personnel quest
Polls
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Rank the SEC starting QBs
Gameday Sign Ideas
Clem5on fans are beside t
Is it possible for our Sp

Old 11-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #101
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb
Default Re: Manti Te'o or Johnny Manziel For Heisman?

Manziel will win it in the coming years (assuming his numbers dont decline dramatically) , but he prob wont get the nod because of his class status. I personally dont agree with that, I believe the best player deservers the best award, regardless of class...
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #102
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

CockyCash: 500
scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet/Black Fan View Post
Manziel will win it in the coming years (assuming his numbers dont decline dramatically) , but he prob wont get the nod because of his class status. I personally dont agree with that, I believe the best player deservers the best award, regardless of class...

None of the above........I pick Jadaveon Clowney, he's not a finalist and b/c of the fact he's a sophomore he wont get it plus defensive players rarely get it but Jadaveon is most deserving of it in the nation.And I'm not just sayin that b/c I'm a Gamecock fan the kids a beast like it or not
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #103
Jdallen20
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 744
Jdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spursJdallen20 has earned his spurs

I would put Jarvis Jones ahead of Manti Te'o and I don't think Jarvis Jones even deserves an invite to NYC. Don't get me wrong. They are both fantastic football players! Heisman Trophy winners?? Egh... not in my opinion. I think Te'o would be mid-upper of the talent in the SEC. The only reason he gets so much attention is because he plays for the "best team ever to grace planet earth", Notre Dame. Once again, I'm not talking trash about Te'o. He is a great guy and player. I'm just saying that their are SEVERAL players in the country deserving of the Heisman trophy more so than a defensive player whose stats came from competition such as Boston College, Wake Forest, Pitt, Navy, etc...

South Endzone
Jdallen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #104
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

No love for Barner? Weird.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #105
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
No love for Barner? Weird.
I stopped with the "love" after they've had a guy/guys rush for over 1500 yards the past 5 years.

He's a product of the offense IMO.

Give Chip Kelly some kind of award for that.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #106
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I stopped with the "love" after they've had a guy/guys rush for over 1500 yards the past 5 years.

He's a product of the offense IMO.

Give Chip Kelly some kind of award for that.
I could make the same argument that Manziel is a product of Sumlin's offense. It's gonna take a year or two before the D coordinators in the SEC find a way to slow it down.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #107
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
I could make the same argument that Manziel is a product of Sumlin's offense. It's gonna take a year or two before the D coordinators in the SEC find a way to slow it down.
You could but he's the first one to do it in the SEC.

After it starts happening a few years down the road (like the Hype Leach's guys got then fizzle, as it is a Leach offense)

You'll stop hearing about heisman hype from these guys.
Timing is all part of it.

#LukeForMod

Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #108
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
You could but he's the first one to do it in the SEC.

After it starts happening a few years down the road (like the Hype Leach's guys got then fizzle, as it is a Leach offense)

You'll stop hearing about heisman hype from these guys.
Timing is all part of it.
Besides at the end of the day, isn't every player a product of the "system"? Tebow, LaMichael James, Cam, RG3, Geno Smith, etc.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #109
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Besides at the end of the day, isn't every player a product of the "system"? Tebow, LaMichael James, Cam, RG3, Geno Smith, etc.
Yea but Oregon's is a gimmick system, at least the Air raid translates closer to the pro game now days

#LukeForMod

Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #110
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
One bad game against one of the best 3 defenses in the country disqualifies him from the award. I watched 100 college games this year and there isn't anyone in the country that can do what he does with the football.....the RB from Oregon is good, but he can't throw.
Quote:
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS TD INT Rushing ATT YDS TD

9/8 Florida L 20-17 23 30 173 0 0 17 60 1
10/20 LSU L 24-19 29 56 276 0 3 17 27 0
11/10 Bama W 29-24 24 31 253 2 0 18 92 0
So against the 3 best defenses he faced, he had a total of 3 TDs and 3 Ints. Seems like a Heisman winner should play his best against the best. These stats seem to prove that everyone is only looking at beating Bama and the stats built against bad teams.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #111
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

No real opinion here but I would like to commend the majority for using Manziel's actual name and would propose to those in power that any using of his nickname be deleted immediately. He is this years honey badger.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #112
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Johnny Football

#LukeForMod

Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #113
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Johnny Football does give a shit
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote