CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
ertman420
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
The Bama series
2016 - Issac Nauta

Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #141
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gruden offered by Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
I don't see it either Hog, but supposedly he isn't getting the facility upgrades he wants and he is fed up with the ACC.

I think he is just leveraging himself right now though.
More likely that FSU would leave the ACC than Fisher leaving FSU
Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #142
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Gruden just wants to get on the list of Tennessee coaches who are still being paid to sit at home.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #143
go cockssssss
Recruit

Male

go cockssssss is learning to peckgo cockssssss is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Gruden rumors have died down...most have given up on this dream and moved on to realistic choices.

I told you he would never go to the collegiate ranks and will be waiting for the Chargers job and you guys argued with me. He'll be the Chargers head coach in 5 weeks.
go cockssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #144
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Gruden just wants to get on the list of Tennessee coaches who are still being paid to sit at home.
Fulmers last check comes this month!

At least we are getting one off the Dole.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #145
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by go cockssssss View Post
I told you he would never go to the collegiate ranks and will be waiting for the Chargers job and you guys argued with me. He'll be the Chargers head coach in 5 weeks.
We just want to hope...you crush our hope. LOL.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #146
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcock View Post
Out of those names I'd say UT has a legit shot at Strong, Golden, or Mullen. I don't really know why you'd want Mullen though.

LOL. 6 weeks ago Mullen's career was looking a whole lot better than it is today. "Boy, that escalated quickly."
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #147
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

If I were Tenn, I would not want Gruden, he would not be a permanent college coach. Gruden would eventually leave for a better job. Tenn should hire a coach who wants to only be a college coach. They should have learned that swinging for the fences gets you a guy like Kiffin.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #148
wshell
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 31680
wshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurs

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-derek-dooley
wshell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #149
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshell View Post
and boom goes the dynamite. That just fizzled out of tenn.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #150
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Gruden ain't leaving MNF. The dude makes $4.3 million a year to do next to nothing. Why would he want the stress that goes with coaching again?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #151
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshell View Post
I didn't think it was likely to happen anyway, but him getting blindsided with a question on Mike and Mike about being offered part ownership in the Browns in a deal with UT and him denying that doesn't mean it still can't happen.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #152
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 960
Copperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spursCopperhead has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
I agree with this...furthermore, he makes 4 million a year on MNF...seems like a sweet gig to me!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-With alot less stress

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #153
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Gruden ain't leaving MNF. The dude makes $4.3 million a year to do next to nothing. Why would he want the stress that goes with coaching again?

Some people are competitive and want to prove to themselves and others they can do it?

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #154
wshell
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 31680
wshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurs

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID It appears Jon Gruden has turned down Tennessee's offer. Can't fault Vols for making run. (Note: Vols will never admit they made offer.)

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID
http://Volquest.com also reporting that Gruden canceled a scheduled meeting with AD Dave Hart today.
wshell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #155
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Hear me out here....

Peyton Manning.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #156
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Hear me out here....

Peyton Manning.
I have always thought it. But he really wants to make it to another SB
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #157
JAEvans24
Walk On

Male

JAEvans24 has hatched from the shell

It's hard to fault our fan base's excitement over the Gruden HC possibility. Imagine being a storied program for decades, and then the wheels falling off due to bad leadership and complacency.

Bad hire, bad hire....and we are now desperately clinging on the hope of any good news coming our way.

Gruden would be an upgrade regardless if e ends up being a bust, but 70% of the college game is recruiting. With that said, that's why Grude asked for 4.5 mil in assistant coach payroll (may have been the deal breaker).

Its been a tough road, and we are due some good news....

....hopefully.
JAEvans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #158
JAEvans24
Walk On

Male

JAEvans24 has hatched from the shell

Btw, I don't think he comes to,UT. If he does, it's because of Cindy.
JAEvans24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #159
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I have always thought it. But he really wants to make it to another SB

Peyton is not leaving the nfl for 2 more years probably, if he does why would he want the stress of coaching when he has plenty of money lol. I'm thinkin tennessee will end up with Charlie Strong.....
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #160
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

Tennessee has not offered Charlie Strong anything....that we know of, but I wouldnt be surprised if they've at least talked to him. Tennessee's offense is already there.They need a defense and what better coach than Charlie Strong for that. Arkansas will end up with Les Miles, Miles wants out of LSU and Arkansas offered him 27 million dollars
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote