CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Travelin
Spurticus
B-G
rioninusc
Sandstorm29
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Jim Lahey
Regalcock
looks like we have 2 (1102)
Abu Bowl Ready (569)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (470)
Beat Miami (438)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (332)
The pets holiday din (324)
Garcia and Clemsux T (278)
Frank Martin's Game (250)
Decommitment from Te (200)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (100)
The Vent and Coaching cha
OL Na'Ty Rodgers transfer
Cleveland Browns Headshot
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
How Long Will The Rebuild
Previewing Clemson
Frank Martin's Game has b
Beat Miami
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #81
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: T Boyd submitting paperwork for NFL draft consideration

He should probably go if Morris is leaving. He had a great year statistically and was even almost on the heisman list.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #82
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

taking off my garnet glasses...I think that Tajh is a really good QB and I think that he has the tools to make it in the NFL. He has a big frame and has the capacity to run some as well. I realize that he plays for Clemson, but with all bias aside, I think that this may be the best time for him to come out. He needs to really show out in the bowl. IMO, against us his offensive line did little to contain our DL and his receivers were not getting open and they dropped several catchable passes.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #83
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

For every Andrew Luck there's also a Jevan Snead.

I say go when your stock is the highest.
It's pretty high right now and will probably drop if Nuke and Morris leave.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #84
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
taking off my garnet glasses...I think that Tajh is a really good QB and I think that he has the tools to make it in the NFL. He has a big frame and has the capacity to run some as well. I realize that he plays for Clemson, but with all bias aside, I think that this may be the best time for him to come out. He needs to really show out in the bowl. IMO, against us his offensive line did little to contain our DL and his receivers were not getting open and they dropped several catchable passes.
I agree with the potential there but he is a head case. He still makes some stupid decisions on a pretty regular basis, but the lack of D in the ACC hides a lot of his mistakes.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #85
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Ready? Bama, fsu, Michigan state, Louisville, and Purdue just to name a few. If one of your beloved sec schools......make that your best sec school offered him then I would say he has some talent and you need to come to terms with that. Damn

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/foot...S6Zi5G40uarZB4
Everyone who follows recruiting knows that Bama backed off their offer. Having an offer at one point is not the same as having an offer when then recruit commits.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #86
ThrustingCock
Walk On

Male

ThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spursThrustingCock has earned his spurs

bottom line is that rapper boy Swag Kelly is a joke
he will embarrass clemy fans for the next few yrs and everyone will forget about him
ThrustingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #87
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

His stock seems really high because of his stat's and media accolades, and he would likely have a shot at being at least a 3rd-4th round pick in what appears to be a very weak 2013 QB class. Hard to say.. Other than the FSU game, I didn't watch too much of him because most of their games were over after the 1st quarter, but for the most part, and what I've seen of him the past 2 seasons, his receivers are a huge reason his stat's are so pretty. Either wide-the-hell-open or taking short routes and turning them into big gains.

I do like his quick-release ability and arm strength, and he doesn't seem to have the stereotypical make-up of most guys that I've seen come out of Bad News, Virginia. Will be an interesting story to follow.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #88
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrustingCock View Post
he will embarrass clemy fans for the next few yrs and everyone will forget about him
While I agree with Kelly being a joke... Deshawn Watson looks to be a baller and might start over Kelly in 2014 if Boyd does stick around for his senior year. While I hate to say good things about a Clemson recruit... In my opinion if Watson sticks he will be the future at Clemson and not Chad Kelly.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #89
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

I imagine Boyd is pondering being on 5 losing tater teams vs the cocks; a record not shared with anyone younger than 76 or so.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #90
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

This is a really weak draft class. He's smart to be checking his options and I wouldn't be shocked if he left.

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #91
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
I guess that's the reason Clemson coaches are typically the first to offer the big time prospects even before all of the recruiting rankings come out huh? The way Clemson gets in with some recruits is by being the first to offer them. And how would they know who to offer when these players are sophomores and getting offers before any rankings are out? I guess they can evaluate talent. Recruiting is Dabos specialty and is what he is best at.

that's funny cause most of the time I see Carolina offer kids, then clemmons follows suit. And Abo is best at losing to Carolina
Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #92
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Zero chance he ever starts in the NFL. Might as well stay in school and enjoy the college life.

Last edited by usc90grad; 11-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #93
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Zero chance is ever starts in the NFL. Might as well stay in school and enjoy the college life.
Yeah, who needs a big pay day when you can go to a keg party twice a week?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #94
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Zero chance is ever starts in the NFL. Might as well stay in school and enjoy the college life.

Signed...

Jimmy Clausen
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #95
jch81
Two Deep

Male

jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrustingCock View Post
We'll see he might just surprise you
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #96
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

^ with a good rap? that would be surprising.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #97
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Next year doesn't look too good for Clemson
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #98
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Signed...

Jimmy Clausen
Jimmy still got paid.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #99
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
He should probably go if Morris is leaving. He had a great year statistically and was even almost on the heisman list.
He throws the deep ball really nice but we didn't give him the chance to do it much . I am all for anything that will hurt the tiggers I think this would sting a bit .
Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #100
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Carolina pretty much shut that Heisman talk up for Boyd, Clowney in particular.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote