CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
b381l
The Demise of the 3- (2399)
East Carolina Predic (1621)
Why didn't Wes Green (1325)
A&M on 3rd down (691)
You guys are horribl (628)
Finally Cooled Off (580)
louisville (518)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (438)
Watching the Georgia (254)
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
The Demise of the 3-4
Finally Cooled Off
Uniform thread
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2013 Depth Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
some of you will just never learn. not only will dylan not be the starting qb next season (and i will bet ALL of my cocky cash on that), but he will not even be in the top three. mitch and nos will both pass him by. dylan is a very good qb, but he just isn't shaw, and the talent of the newcomers will push him down the depth chart.

next i agree with everything you wrote c2 except for wilds. i know it's easy to do since he has not been able to show his stuff for two years now, but if the knee is 100%, shon carson will blow everybody away. this guys is so talented and we just haven't been able to see it yet.

I kind of agree even though I love the kid.

The ONLY thing that is holding DT back is his arm strength. He's pretty accurate but damn he has a weak arm.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #22
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

If Nick Jones plays like he did against Clemson, expect to see him getting lots of PT. Didn't Zandi play against Clemson? I believe he had an early penalty in the game. At least I know they said his name on tv. Guess he's moved up the depth chart if he's starting as a true freshman.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
I kind of agree even though I love the kid.

The ONLY thing that is holding DT back is his arm strength. He's pretty accurate but damn he has a weak arm.
He has a stronger arm than Shaw. Are you talking about the short, touch passes he underthrew to Jones? That happens when you don't play every week. Shaw is still clearly the starter but it's nice know we have a solid backup in Dylan. I watched the game in Boiling Springs and the hometown boy made us proud.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
If Nick Jones plays like he did against Clemson, expect to see him getting lots of PT. Didn't Zandi play against Clemson? I believe he had an early penalty in the game. At least I know they said his name on tv. Guess he's moved up the depth chart if he's starting as a true freshman.

I dunno but apparently they were all taking turns ripping the clemson 240 lb defensive linemen's jerseys off.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Shon Carson will be a higher up in the RB depth chart.

He was our 2nd running back in 2011, and I think he was our 2nd running back in camp this year before he got hurt. I expect him to be back in the 2nd RB spot.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #26
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

RB will be interesting--Wilds proved he could perform, Carson apparently showed a lot of promise during practice and had flashes before the injury, Davis looks good too and seems to have a lot of drive.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #27
puddle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 923100
puddle is sharpening his clawspuddle is sharpening his clawspuddle is sharpening his clawspuddle is sharpening his claws

Surely there is someone on the team to take robinson' spot at left tackle. Couldn't block my seven year old!!!!
puddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Marcus will probably start at FS. I don't know that Gurley will be ready for the start of the season bc he got hurt so late.

I think Wilds starts at RB with Davis getting a good amount of carries. But considering our injury history at RB we'll probably need all of them.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #29
PageUSC

Male

PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
No Zandi is redshirting. Shell and Robinson play OT spots the whole game. They did put Zandi's name up for a penalty on accident.

Dylan has a stronger arm than Shaw and will atleast be #2. Mitch is redshirting.

Stadick will be in the 2 deep at OT I believe.

Last edited by PageUSC; 11-29-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #30
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

I say Wilds starts over Davis. Wilds was damn impressive last year and now has another year of workouts and learning.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #31
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Keep an eye out for Mason Harris at LB.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
If Kwinton Smith is as good as advertised, then he is going to get the B spot because of his size. The staff really, really wants a bigger receiver out there and apparently they are hoping Kwinton becomes that guy. Nick will probably back him up and/or move between all of the receiver spots when someone needs a blow. I do agree that he needs PT.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
No Zandi is redshirting. Shell and Robinson play OT spots the whole game. They did put Zandi's name up for a penalty on accident.

Dylan has a stronger arm than Shaw and will atleast be #2. Mitch is redshirting.

Stadick will be in the 2 deep at OT I believe.
Makes sense. I heard his name and it threw me off but I didn't check to see if he was out there. Wonder if Park has the talent to push for PT next year over Robinson.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #34
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Park needs a year to reshape his body. In fact, I don't expect any of the true freshmen linemen to play.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Possible depth chart for 2013. Your thoughts?

QB: Connor Shaw
Dylan Thompson
Brendan Nosovitch
__________________________________________________ __

RB: Mike Davis
David Williams
Brandon Wilds
Shon Carson
Kedric Salley (fullback???)

TE: Buster Anderson
Jerell Adams
Kelvin Rainey
Drew Owens

OT: Corey Robinson
Cody Gibson

OG: AJ Cann
Brock Stadnik

C: Kyle Harris
Clayton Stadnik

OG: Ronald Patrick
Cody Waldrop

OT: Brandon Shell
Mike Matulis

WR: Ace Sanders
Shaq Roland
Shamier Jeffery

WR: Nick Jones
Kwinton Smith
KJ Brent

WR: Bruce Ellington
Damiere Byrd
Jody Fuller

DE: Jadeveon Clowney
Darius English

DT: Kelcy Quarles
Gerald Dixon Jr

DT: JT. Surratt
Phillip Dukes
Kelsey Griffin

DE: Chaz Sutton
Gerald Dixon
Alfy Hill or Deon Green
__________________________________________________ ____

LB: Kaiwan Lewis
Larenz Bryant

LB: Cedrick Cooper
TJ Holloman

Spur: Sharrod Golightly
Jordan Diggs

SS: Brison Williams
Kadetrix Marcus

FS: TJ Gurley
Kyle Fleetwood

CB: Jimmy Legree
Ahmad Christian
Ronnie Martin

CB: Victor Hampton
Rico Williams
Chaz Elder

PR/KR? Ace Sanders, Bruce Ellington or was that just a "no brainer"?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Not sure why people are sleeping on Alfy Hill

Zero chance he is behind anyone but JD/Sutton of the DE's (maybe overtakes Sutton.. I want to see Chaz against the run more)

Alfy is by far the player I'm most excited about, kid has Major talent and great size (6'4 280)
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #37
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schecter View Post
I believe it's because of what he hasn't done in the classroom.
No, its because he will be a top draft pick.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #38
go cockssssss
Recruit

Male

go cockssssss is learning to peckgo cockssssss is learning to peck

I posted a very similar two deep in a defense thread. The only differences were I see Cann moving to center, his natural position. I see Waldrop over Harris at guard, I see Hill over Dixon JR for backup to Sutton, Dixon JR will most likely move inside, Diggs over Golightly and I see Bryant over Lewis. I actually think Mason Harris moves to OLB and gets some pt as well.
go cockssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #39
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Why isn't Connor Mitch listed?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #40
PageUSC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Why isn't Connor Mitch listed?
He said he is redshirting.