CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
RGHoskins
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2645)
how has more ESPN an (1414)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1004)
Gamecock Legacy recr (739)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (476)
22 ways to annoy peo (369)
$15 home AC (348)
Hope Springs Eternal (270)
Why sports will alwa (234)
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Hope Springs Eternal
Connor Mitch

Old 11-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #481
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
COD had his worst game in franchise history come out last year (I might even go as far to say it was worse than WaW). Even with that, a HUGE majority of the FPS world purchased BlOps2 and are continuously playing it. There will always be a few people that don't like something, but look at Berry's numbers. Half a million people can't all be crazy.

They may be, just like how Bieber has outsold the Beatles (or something like that). and Katy Perry has the record for most hit singles on an album... Somebody is buying their garbage, and making the real great music seem obselete
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #482
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Give up Cack, he going to fuss just to fuss. Kinda like those people in the game thread who just constantly complain when the Gamecocks have a bad play.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #483
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
They may be, just like how Bieber has outsold the Beatles (or something like that). and Katy Perry has the record for most hit singles on an album... Somebody is buying their garbage, and making the real great music seem obselete
It's called teenieboppers ... hell Leaf Garrett used to be considered a sex symble.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #484
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I say could be because I include MP with campaign.

I know man, I'm just saying it's a decade old engine.. 2012 COD should have graphics that shit on all other COD's, that one glance and it's head over heels better than say MW1.. but it's not and that's a shame. Gamers deserve better respect from developers
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #485
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Give up Cack, he going to fuss just to fuss. Kinda like those people in the game thread who just constantly complain when the Gamecocks have a bad play.

No, I'm just wanting educated individuals to see where I'm coming from.. that Treyarch are greedy lazy bastards who could care less about making COD the best they can and only care about $$$$$$$$$. It's 100% profit there, they spend almost nothing on making the games anymore (reusing an old engine)

I'm done though, I may or may not pick up a used copy down the road (not giving those people any of my $), but it's just a shame that this is the pinaccle of gaming in 2012 and beyond. Maybe Far Cry 3 will change that
Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #486
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

You just make no sense. Again, you're expecting something from a company that is almost unexpectable. You want to play COD (wait, no you don't. that's VERY obvious) a game and think you're watching a movie with live actors.

We're not playing Tecmo Bowl ... I'm happy with where it's at.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #487
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

MikeTrain has a point about games beginning to become too simple and unrealistic. Mass Effect 3 for example.

But online wise, playing against other people, competing for the most points. It's very fun, and that's why people play it. BF/COD can be very addicting when you;re online, don't hate.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #488
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You just make no sense. Again, you're expecting something from a company that is almost unexpectable. You want to play COD (wait, no you don't. that's VERY obvious) a game and think you're watching a movie with live actors.

We're not playing Tecmo Bowl ... I'm happy with where it's at.
Hey hey hey don't hate on tecmo bowl. Lol. Played the hell outta that with my dad.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #489
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh no, it's laughable yall praise such outdated technology.. it's like a blaster vs a lightsaber

Metal: you are the one who pumped up MOH, not sure where yuo are coming from haha.

I just value ya'll as intelligent people (I mean we aer Cocks), that I don't get why ya'll think COD is the greatest thing since sliced bread, when it has destroyed what used to be a great source of creativity and passion (gaming). The only games that thrive now cater to the ADHD generation.

AKA where instant gratification and the grinding/ levelling things up (Ooh I prestiaged... lemme do it all over again!) have become the it thing.

So far noone can rebute anything I have said.. It's like madden, every year the same game because the developers could care less about the consumers.

I WANT people to realize that the sorry ass developers will not change until they are forced to. That's why I only buy games new that come from developers that actually put their heart and soul into a game (RDR, GTAs, witcher 2, deus ex, BF3, zeldas, etc etc)

The gaming industry has been overtaken by a joke of a greedy developer and that is just sad
And?

You do realize that MOH now is basically like BF, right? Same engine and everything.

SO.......
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #490
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material

So I pretty much felt like they said "We're going to make $500 million. Why try?" it wasn't bad. It just seems like they didn't try very hard.

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #491
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

So I have come to learn that people dashboard way too much on this game. I was lobby crushing last night two games in a row, only to have the other team dashboard on me. It sucks, because when I do horrible they stay in the game, even when one of my teammates is crushing it, but when I am, they want no part of it. SMH. I had to get off the game afterwards, I was just too disappointed - mainly because I am trying to get the game mode challenges done so I can prestige quicker (top 3 on team or win in certain game modes).
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #492
CCtiger91
One of a Kind

Male

CockyCash: 107880
CCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot materialCCtiger91 is USC mascot material

What are some improvements all you haters would like to see made? The only thing I'd like to see added is the ability to drive vehicles on the maps. Other than that I'm happy with the game.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #493
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCtiger91 View Post
What are some improvements all you haters would like to see made? The only thing I'd like to see added is the ability to drive vehicles on the maps. Other than that I'm happy with the game.

See my posts.... I clearly stated everything. I am not just "hating" and just saying "COD sucks". I list my reasons..
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #494
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
And?

You do realize that MOH now is basically like BF, right? Same engine and everything.

SO.......

Except it's not like it at all... it's a much worse game and was rushed IMO. BF3 is much smoother (esp online), bigger, and EA constantly has updates and fixes any issues ASAP. Plus it has better graphics (unless MOH got the hi res texture patch)

I used to love the MOH games on Ps2 etc, the campaigns were the tits
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #495
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoholic View Post
So I pretty much felt like they said "We're going to make $500 million. Why try?" it wasn't bad. It just seems like they didn't try very hard.

THIS

I hate that.. why reward a company for half assing on a game??? Sickening that gaming in this era will be defined by such a poor product (just bc it sells does NOT mean it is good quality)

What makes it even worse is the relationship between them and awful products like Doritos and mountain dew.. let's have kids and young adults at fake food with chemicals and drink high fructose corn syrup with 30g of sugar per serving! Oh wait and let's convince them that a good use of their time is staying up all night playing a neverending video game with no end goal or at least creativity! And let's do that 6 years straight while we sit on our asses and make more money than we deserve!

Listen, I see why COD is popular, I used to play COD until it started being the same game every year.. I just wish people would demand more out of the game makers.. I mean if you spend so much time playing a game, wouldn't you want the developer to actually try and care?

Last edited by MikeTrainNC8; 11-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
MikeTrainNC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #496
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

If you don't think the current versions of MW3 and BO2 looked better than COD 2-4 then you are crazy. Yes the core engine the same, but they have made improvements to it. People don't buy COD for amazing graphics, they buy it because it is easy and you can just pick up and play quickly and do well in it.

BF has to keep making new Frostbite engines just to keep up in order to try and win some of the FPS market share. Who cares about destructable enviroments and supreme cell shading and ligthing when the character movement is still sluggish.

I really don't expect a lot from the FPS genere as a whole and I always feel I get my money's worth with the multiplayer due to the amount hours I will log. COD makes enough changes in each game to make a difference to me. Sports games are usually a different story. They are really slack and I will usually skip a year in between those games.

Single player games are a lot different. I love games like Red Dead Redemption and the Uncharted Series and I expect those to always improve because they are in development longer. Even then, most singleplayer games will usually only get around 20 hours of playtime before I am ready to move on back to COD.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #497
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Except it's not like it at all... it's a much worse game and was rushed IMO. BF3 is much smoother (esp online), bigger, and EA constantly has updates and fixes any issues ASAP. Plus it has better graphics (unless MOH got the hi res texture patch)

I used to love the MOH games on Ps2 etc, the campaigns were the tits
Did you actually play it or did you happen to watch a video?

Graphics aren't even what makes it great. It's the MP system in general.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #498
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I agree with Metal, graphics are meaningless to how good a game is (unless it's 16-bit)
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #499
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Did you actually play it or did you happen to watch a video?

Graphics aren't even what makes it great. It's the MP system in general.

I agree, and the MP system/gameplay are what made BF3 superior to MOH.. I will not comment on the campaign haha, but MP wise any gaming outlet will say BF3>>MOH.. and if more people played it, BF3>COD MP

That being said, graphics are still important. I like the realistic graphics of BF, the destroyed buildings, run over trees, the actual holes made by bullets (indention in the wall, not just a 2D decal), the smoke and fire from battles being waged across the city, the firefights between jets, the lighting (I have seen a player sneaking up behind me because of that), etc etc

Whoever thinks BF3 is sluggish is crazy, it's insanely realistic to me, from actually sliding over boulders and fences to how quickly you can crouch/go prone it is slick.

And OF COURSE COD BLOPS 2 looks better than COD2, it's been almost a decde LOL.. Doesn't mean the core engine isn't still outdated.

EA upgrades Frostbite 1 to 2 and soon to 3 because it actually cares, and isn't content with the old.

I actually love destructible environments, it changes everything. One moment you see a sniper picking everyone off, so you whip out a rocket launcher and take the building out from below him.. yeah it isn't just a "gimmick", it improves gameplay, and makes COD feel stale when playing it (same for vehicles)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #500
Berry
Sherlock

Male

CockyCash: 17578666
Berry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot materialBerry is USC mascot material

Quote:
THIS

I hate that.. why reward a company for half assing on a game??? Sickening that gaming in this era will be defined by such a poor product (just bc it sells does NOT mean it is good quality)

What makes it even worse is the relationship between them and awful products like Doritos and mountain dew.. let's have kids and young adults at fake food with chemicals and drink high fructose corn syrup with 30g of sugar per serving! Oh wait and let's convince them that a good use of their time is staying up all night playing a neverending video game with no end goal or at least creativity! And let's do that 6 years straight while we sit on our asses and make more money than we deserve!

Listen, I see why COD is popular, I used to play COD until it started being the same game every year.. I just wish people would demand more out of the game makers.. I mean if you spend so much time playing a game, wouldn't you want the developer to actually try and care?
Halo did it this time....