CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
jrussjr
COCKYTALKIN
eightohhthree
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
gamecockgal
A. Pilgrim
thekob
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (2389)
Elliott Fry crushes (2320)
Tired of night games (1588)
The SEC East schedul (1130)
Cooper (1110)
20 of 31 former play (1050)
Coach Elliott pregam (914)
Been a pleasure talk (848)
What the heck is up (812)
Next years RB situat (698)
The SEC East schedule fro
Coach Elliott pregame.
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Luginbill says ECU should
Freaky Coincidence or Div
Defensive stand-around pl
Well, as it turns out, we
High Resolution Photos
Next years RB situation
ECU fan here

Old 11-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #61
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly
Default Re: if you had to give a grade to lorenzo ward

I'm most impressed with how Ward has handled adjustments. Under Johnson, it seemed like we always came out after the half with the exact same game plan, which was fine if it was working but absolutely infuriating if it wasn't. Ward seems much more flexible on the whole, which has really benefited this unit. I actually have faith that we'll bear down and figure things out if the opposing team gashes us early in the game.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #62
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I'm most impressed with how Ward has handled adjustments. Under Johnson, it seemed like we always came out after the half with the exact same game plan, which was fine if it was working but absolutely infuriating if it wasn't. Ward seems much more flexible on the whole, which has really benefited this unit. I actually have faith that we'll bear down and figure things out if the opposing team gashes us early in the game.
His adjustments were pretty damn impressive this year. It was a very welcome change from the previous years. You're right the longer the game went on the more confidence I had in the defense....it used to be the other way around
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #63
tpep
Two Deep

Male

tpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPittpep rules the CockPit

A- we gave up a good many yards between the 20's on big plays. but, in the red-zone- we were pretty dam nasty
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #64
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

A+ no doubt. Very aggressive play calling on his part.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #65
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPitOfficeLinebackerCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
as a defensive coordinator what would it be for 2012?

A-
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #66
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Just found it funny you were so worried about this unit all summer and after the season they had you still refuse to give them their proper credit. The way you were going on about Ward you didn't think we would be able to stop anybody. Our defense was lethal this year.
do you actually read my posts????? because either you have a serious comprehension problem, or you just don't read them. so i will help you out. here is my last post:

yes, extremely talented group! why? do you not think we have an extremely talented defense? don't understand that comment...

as for the second comment, no and yes. no, i never freaked out about us being too thin in the secondary. in fact i argued to the contrary. however, yes, i was very unhappy about the addition of botkin, and was not convinced that promoting ward was the right move.
while i am glad to eat crow about the two coaches, i am left wondering what is your point? although the defense definitely won several of our games for us this season, i was specifically commenting on the fact that the tenn game was one game where the offense was the unit that stepped up and won it, not the defense. so, again, i am wondering what your point is?
where in all of that do i refuse to give them their credit???? i said, very clearly, that in that ONE game (tenn), that the offense was the unit that stepped up. and i also admitted that the defense won most of our games. so i ask again WHAT IS YOUR POINT?????
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #67
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

A .. A couple more turnovers would have topped him on out !!!

GO GAMECOCKS !!!
Take-a-Knee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #68
TStone
Grammar Nazi

Male

Pumpkin Contest: Winner of the Pumpkin Carving Contest - Given for: Pumpkin Contest 
CockyCash: 4535
TStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot materialTStone is USC mascot material

B+
Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #69
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

A. Adjustments were excellent all year long except at Lsu and Tennessee. Those guys just pounded us up front though.

Excellent hire. Hope he's here for the long run

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #70
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know the takeaway/giveaway numbers for the regular season? Thanks.
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #71
BrownBearCock
BALLS DEEP 24/7

Male

CockyCash: 700
BrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPitBrownBearCock rules the CockPit

8 Fumbles gained
14 INT Gained
10 Fumbles Lost
9 INT thrown

47th in country in TO/ margin

BrownBearCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #72
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001179
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

A- to B+

Ill never forget the zero blitz against Vandy or would be a solid A-
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #73
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

B+ solid overall but we got gashed by UT and smacked around by LSWHO. I didn't think anyone in the country could run it on us if we knew they were going to run it with our DL personnel (including the two deep).
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote