CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
b381l
GabbieM
NinjaSven
Gyle41386
kingofnerf
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
zcoop
So, Dylan Thompson? (5356)
Confused fan here. (3769)
Is anybody still opt (3568)
Here's a terrifying (2601)
Predict the Season ( (2411)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1876)
Could Mike Davis Be (1258)
How were the Aggie f (1181)
David Williams?? (1131)
This says it all. (992)
So, Dylan Thompson?
Well, there's still women
Is anybody still optimist
Could Mike Davis Be Back
Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU
Confused fan here. Why i
How were the Aggie fans a
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Here's a terrifying stat
Predict the Season (After

Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #41
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2013 Depth Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
He said he is redshirting.

Seriously? Wow. Looks like he's going to be the face of the franchise eventually, ala "Johnny Football".
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #42
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Do we know for sure that Mitch is a redshirt?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #43
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

It isn't for sure..but I highly doubt Mitch will surpass Shaw and Thompson, and Nosovitch who will have a year of S&C and learning the playbook under his belt.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #44
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Do we know for sure that Mitch is a redshirt?
Yes geeze...get off his sack. It's been known for a while and I never expect a freshman to come in and take over at QB. It doesn't happen very often.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #45
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
Yes geeze...get off his sack. It's been known for a while and I never expect a freshman to come in and take over at QB. It doesn't happen very often.

JD

Even Johnny Football over at Texas A&M is a redshirt freshman. Hard for QB's to come straight out of highschool and start.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #46
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by go cockssssss View Post
I posted a very similar two deep in a defense thread. The only differences were I see Cann moving to center, his natural position. I see Waldrop over Harris at guard, I see Hill over Dixon JR for backup to Sutton, Dixon JR will most likely move inside, Diggs over Golightly and I see Bryant over Lewis. I actually think Mason Harris moves to OLB and gets some pt as well.
#92 Dixon Jr played (and started some) at DT most of the season. #44 Dixon is a DE that didn't see the field much this year.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #47
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
I say Wilds starts over Davis. Wilds was damn impressive last year and now has another year of workouts and learning.

JD
^This!

People seem to have forgotten how well B Wilds ran after Marcus went down last year. He had, what, 3 100yd games in a stretch of 5 or so. Wilds is a hoss!!

Edit - 137yds vs Tn, 120yds vs UF, 109 vs Citadel (only 21 vs Ark, and 24 vs Clemson)
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #48
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
You really think a QB who is going to be redshirted and another who has never played a down will BOTH be listed ahead of Dylan?

People really need to quit knocking Dylan.
you got me there, as i mistyped. i meant the two deep this year, and the ongoing situation in 14'. and i'm not knocking dylan, i think he is a good qb, and a dependable backup. but just because he has a good game against two of the worst defenses we played all season, doesn't anoint him the starter. plus, i think most people would easily classify nos and mitch as much, much more talented than thompson. hell they might be more talented than shaw, but connor has a huge head start in experience, and is also a very talented qb.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #49
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Wilds and Davis will compete for 1 and 2 next season. Carson will get PT as well. We also have Salley. I believe Jamari Smith will RS or move to the defensive side of the ball. If we get Williams or Bryant, then they could come in and compete, but Wilds and Davis are proven, and Carson has shown the coaches enough to be considered the #2 RB before he got hurt. I like all these RBs that have committed/want to commit to USC, which shows they are not afraid of competition. Lattimore has really influenced a lot of young up and coming RBs. With the talent/future talent and depth/future depth at the RB position our backfield will be like LSU's.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #50
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

i expect brandon to be excellent, but expect carson to be even better. and i agree that salley might be underrated. davis will continue to get better and better as well. it all depends on how well carson's knee has healed. if he hasn't lost any speed, or strength, then i expect him to return to form, where he beat out wilds previously. no matter what, we will have a nasty backfield next season, that is for sure. if all of these ol guys pan out, it could be the perfect storm for the cocks to have one of the best offenses in the country next season. we have seen flashes of this offense really take off this season, imagine if the ol would have been better... wow! next year might be the most exciting of them all, especially with a much lighter schedule, and uga having to actually play some tough teams.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #51
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

wilds starts at rb..hampton just mght be back...defense is gonna stoudt again.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #52
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has hatched from the shell

I think our D will look like this.
Clowney/Hill
Quarles/Dixon Jr
Surratt/Dukes
English/ Sutton
Cooper/Rolin
Lewis/Holloman
Diggs/Bryant
Legree/Elder
Gurley/Marcus
B. Williams/McWilliams
Christian/Langley
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #53
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
I think our D will look like this.
Clowney/Hill
Quarles/Dixon Jr
Surratt/Dukes
English/ Sutton
Cooper/Rolin
Lewis/Holloman
Diggs/Bryant
Legree/Elder
Gurley/Marcus
B. Williams/McWilliams
Christian/Langley
Rolin is redshirting from an ACL injury and Langley decommitted and went to UGAY.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle View Post
Surely there is someone on the team to take robinson' spot at left tackle.
He was on defense coming out of spring this year. Let's give the guy another year to see how he develops before we throw a starter off our current 10-2 team under the bus. LT is probably the hardest position to play on the team besides QB.
And BTW, I have seen him pass block quite well on a few plays.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #55
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
He was on defense coming out of spring last year. Let's give the guy another year to see how he develops before we throw a starter off our current 10-2 team under the bus. LT is probably the hardest position to play on the team besides QB.
And BTW, I have seen him pass block quite well on a few plays.
Another strong offseason workout session will be huge for Robinson. Needs to slim down just a tad and work on that footwork.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #56
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Park needs a year to reshape his body. In fact, I don't expect any of the true freshmen linemen to play.
And thank God for that. Finally we're starting to see some quality depth at O-line and aren't being forced to start freshmen simply b/c of their natural talent exceeding the upper-classmen by that much.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #57
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

It wouldn't surprise me if Bryce King came in and backup Kyle Harris at center.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #58
cocknthrow
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
cocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talonscocknthrow has developed his gaff and talons

Alfy Hill will back up one end. He's a hoss.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #59
sctvman
Blue Chip

Male

sctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talonssctvman has developed his gaff and talons

Who will kick and punt? Ard or St. Germain as the kicker? Who will win the punting battle? Fish, Williamson or Hull?
sctvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #60
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctvman View Post
Who will kick and punt? Ard or St. Germain as the kicker? Who will win the punting battle? Fish, Williamson or Hull?
If I had to guess, I would say Germain as our place kicker and Hull as our punter.