CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #121
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
RoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spurs
Default Re: Why I want UGA to win the SEC and the National Championship

In no way, shape, or form am I going to pull for a program that we've surpassed to win the SEC or an NC. No. Way.

'sides, the wife is a Bama fan, so, Roll Tide.

And can we *please* take care of business next season and get back to the Dome? This is BS.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #122
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

I want Bama to curbstomp UGA, one of my buddies is a Dawg fan and he is plenty annoying as it is.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #123
miked237
Walk On

Male

miked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
In no way, shape, or form am I going to pull for a program that we've surpassed to win the SEC or an NC. No. Way.

'sides, the wife is a Bama fan, so, Roll Tide.

And can we *please* take care of business next season and get back to the Dome? This is BS.
I'm friends with someone whose family is Bama fans (his oldest just started there this fall).

As far as us taking care of business: no Bama, no LSU, no A&M helps. Again, October determines everything (3 straight road games) plus all of our tough games are at home (except UGA).

Last edited by miked237; 11-29-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Missed the UGA part of next year's schedule in my original post
miked237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #124
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

I think Bama wins because of depth and coaching.
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #125
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

An SEC-East, UGA win would be good for the overall health of the conference. Good luck to them.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #126
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1214284
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
An SEC-East, UGA win would be good for the overall health of the conference. Good luck to them.
Overall for the conference yes but absolutely devastating to USC. I don't see how people can be this dense and not realize this.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #127
miked237
Walk On

Male

miked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spursmiked237 has earned his spurs

A win-win situation for us, and the SEC East in general: UGA loses, but by no more than a TD.
miked237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #128
9 Iron
Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 474
9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material9 Iron is USC mascot material

I want UGAg to get waxed.. I don't want them parlaying a shot at the NC as a recruiting bump .. I hope they get humiliated.. ROLL TIDE.
9 Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #129
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
#1- I live in Georgia and have already had to listen to their hordes of redneck and black fanatics talking about how they are going to win the national championship and how funny it is to them that we beat the crap out of them but they win the NC.
#2- They had the weakest schedule of any of the contenders. They played two tough games. They got the crap beat out of them in one and was theleast crappy team in the other.
#3. Florida has the best argument of either Bama or uga and should probably be in the Championship game.
#4- It would definitely hurt our recruiting in Georgia if the won.
#5- Did I mention that I live in Ga and hate their redneck and black fans?
The official uga colors are redneck and black. What is a redneck? If you lived in Georgia you wouldn't have to ask that question. You know what I meant and don't have to be a smartass.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #130
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

If you read the smack talk thread "Dawg fans only"... That should keep ya from rooting for those guys alone....

UGA has some good fans, but those 2 on there are the type that I always seem to find at Sanford Stadium...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #131
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Put it this way... The momentum we gained (recruiting wise) in Georgia after beating them will be totally shot if UGA won the NC
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #132
landlocked
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
landlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudlylandlocked is crowing loudly

Those 2 are unfortunately the majority of the UGA fan base. Delta Bravos with no real ties to the university other than their GED was issued by the state of Georgia and their single wide has some UGA stickers.
landlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #133
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
Do you all really want the West to be stronger than the East? Be careful what you wish for. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

You're in the minority, a small minority at that! Deal with it. You are never going to convince the rest of us to pull for our arch SEC rival and direct competitor in recruiting...
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #134
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
you make a good point. I appreciate your good-tempered reasoning.

My gut tells me to pull for my neighbor.

Georgia's like my little brother; I want him to do well, but I can still kick his ass.

Pull for Clemson while you're at. Like a good neighbor, SouthCGC is there.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #135
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Can't pull for UGA although I like their coach. Don't like Alabama just because. I hope Bama wins because I can't stand the constantly-hyped Notre Dame. Win or lose in the SECCG, we still beat Georgia all over the field.

I used to like Richt and thought he was classy until he had UGA whole bench go dance in the end zone against FLA that one year. Said he had no clue they were going to do that.... does anybody really believe that? Proved he was both a liar and a fake (as in image, not the good natured goody two shoes he tries to portray himself as).
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #136
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

I like what Saban just said on TV.

Define the moment, don't let the moment define you.
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #137
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

This thread makes me want to throw up. We were good enough to be playing Bama for a shot at a national title this weekend and we screwed it up. No?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #138
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Pull for Clemson while you're at. Like a good neighbor, SouthCGC is there.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #139
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
This thread makes me want to throw up. We were good enough to be playing Bama for a shot at a national title this weekend and we screwed it up. No?

Im sure LSU is feeling the same way.... Hell, they had a 3 point lead with a little over a minute to go in the game, and let Bama go 75+ yards on them in Death Valley..

If LSU holds on, they are playing UGA for the right to go to Miami.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #140
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Im sure LSU is feeling the same way.... Hell, they had a 3 point lead with a little over a minute to go in the game, and let Bama go 75+ yards on them in Death Valley..

If LSU holds on, they are playing UGA for the right to go to Miami.
the only difference here is LSU has been there many times...we have not...I think we feel a little worse...