CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
roosterdude21
markp_vip
TRBTB
kingoftheroost
Regalcock
ccured
CockyLifer
Morris to SMU (5964)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1899)
Clemson fans (1623)
Carolina on a Walmar (1364)
Game simulation (883)
Venables to TAMU? (713)
End of the aTm / LSU (574)
Women's Soccer Elite (464)
Have we been favored (443)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (303)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
Vegas line moving on game
marshall/WKU
Venables to TAMU?
Phil Kronblut show
Xbox One
ray rice wins appeal
2014 Class AAAA Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #321
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Williams Thread (2013 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
What makes me feel good about him coming to Carolina is he is announcing at his all-star game which is 2 weeks before his OV with us which is his last OV.
Exactly
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #322
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Come on and be a Gamecock, David!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #323
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Come on and be a Gamecock, David!
Some say he's a silent commit. Pretty sure he'll be a Gamecock.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #324
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

Always be cautious. Remember Tyriq McCord. This is why I worry about us turning Bryant away. But, trust the visor.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #325
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
Always be cautious. Remember Tyriq McCord. This is why I worry about us turning Bryant away. But, trust the visor.
Big difference in McCord's recruiting and Williams. McCord was always interested in NEARBY Miami and there was a lot of talk about some shady recruiting of McCord by Miami.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #326
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchite4 View Post
Williams is nothing like those Miami kids. Bet McCord wished he had that one to do over.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #327
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Williams is nothing like those Miami kids. Bet McCord wished he had that one to do over.
Hope you're right. And yeah, a year later McCord looks like an idiot.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #328
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
B David Williams of Philadelphia had planned to go to Ohio State Saturday on an official visit but he wasn't able to get his transcript to the school in time, so the trip has been postponed. Instead, Williams watched the USC-Clemson game with a focus on the Gamecocks' running game. "It was a great game, both teams came to play," Williams said. "I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I watched how they (USC) ran the ball, the different formations and how much they ran the ball." Williams continues to favor USC over Ohio State and Miami. He's aware of whom USC has returning in the backfield and has been briefed on the future of Marcus Lattimore. "He's got the option to come back but they don't think he'll come back," he said. "They think he's going to heal up and get ready for the combine." Williams has visited Arizona State officially and is scheduled to visit USC January 19th. He plans to wait until his all star game to announce a final decision.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...854/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #329
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

so ive been a huge GB supporter... until i watched this mans full game film on hudl... omg... this kid is a gamebreaker...
Old 12-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #330
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

He's the speed home threat we need bad
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #331
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

his pass blocking is underrated as well... and he is quick too
Old 12-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #332
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
so ive been a huge GB supporter... until i watched this mans full game film on hudl... omg... this kid is a gamebreaker...
Link?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #333
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Link?
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/138790/#highlights/35295506 gotta be a member to watch the reg game highlights tho
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #334
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

actually on his you dont for some reason
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #335
10cocks
Recruit

Male

10cocks has hatched from the shell

dude is a beast...
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #336
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Huge lead here
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #337
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

I just got to watching his highlights for the first time. He looks fast but he doesn't look anywhere near the elite in speed that you guys are saying, IMO. I feel like it is a little bit of an illusion based upon the defenses he is playing. He looks like he runs a 4.5 to me (which if you think about it, is about the norm for NFL draftees).

To me, what makes this guy impressive is his size combined with his stop-go ability and vision. He seems to rely on his agility to maneuver through defenses but he isn't afraid to run over people too.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #338
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Can DW run with Byrd.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #339
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

reminds me of M Davis some power, shifty, has a good burst
would be great to have another runner like Davis to go along with the rest of the stable of RBs
Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #340
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCMM View Post
I just got to watching his highlights for the first time. He looks fast but he doesn't look anywhere near the elite in speed that you guys are saying, IMO. I feel like it is a little bit of an illusion based upon the defenses he is playing. He looks like he runs a 4.5 to me (which if you think about it, is about the norm for NFL draftees).

To me, what makes this guy impressive is his size combined with his stop-go ability and vision. He seems to rely on his agility to maneuver through defenses but he isn't afraid to run over people too.
SparQ times him at 4.44 at Nike combine .