CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
2000grad
TRBTB
Regalcock
MountainCock
CoverTwo
roosterdude21
Morris to SMU (5430)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1804)
Clemson fans (1506)
Carolina on a Walmar (1232)
Game simulation (836)
End of the aTm / LSU (539)
Have we been favored (409)
Venables to TAMU? (327)
Origin Sale Too (264)
Women's Soccer Elite (242)
Morris to SMU
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Venables to TAMU?
Constant Updates on Watso
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Dexter
marshall/WKU
Carolina on a Walmart com
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W

Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Charlie Strong

Wouldn't wish AU on Charlie right now...he has a clean gig right now...AU seems on the edge of NCAA findings all the time.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #22
BuCockyfan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his combBuCockyfan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
There's is a huge possibility tha they will play Florida in the Sugar Bowl.
I hope he stays just to coach the Bowl game.
Why? Florida would run roughshod over them...
BuCockyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Why? Florida would run roughshod over them...
Because it would be cool to see him on the sideline against the team he made his name with

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #24
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Looks like Charlie said no thanks to UT....after Louisville agreed to give him a 5-year extension.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #25
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

If I am a Vol fan, my head is about to split open.

If they don't get Fedora, put that bunch on suicide watch (again).

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #26
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 126034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Good. I hope they miss on him too. That is another delusional fanbase, one that several of my friends are a part of.. It was pathetic seeing them latch onto and then change their FB profile pics to Gruden, then Strong, etc.

Especially months after seeing them raving about Dooley's pants...
Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post

Same stuff as last time. They should be getting used to it by now. They need to adjust their view of the universe.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #28
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Same stuff as last time. They should be getting used to it by now. They need to adjust their view of the universe.
Well, the (college football) universe has adjusted (drastically lowered) its view of Tennessee, so it's only fitting that now the Viles need to adjust their view (and expectations).
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #29
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I mean I respect that they have a whole large state behind one school and the advantages that brings, but they had a heck of a staff with fulmer, cutcliffe and chavis.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #30
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

They are somewhat a victim of timing. When Kitten left, it was late in the year and they had very few choices. This time, there are several good jobs open, and very few qualified coaches out there. They are unlikely to hire a high profile coach, I would find a "good" mid major coach and give him 5 years to get their program back. This is not 1998 anymore, they need to see reality.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #31
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Yes, the problem is they're going after John Gruden and Jeff Gundy and getting dissed. At some point, perception can become reality and you have a "bad job" on your hands.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Yes, the problem is they're going after John Gruden and Jeff Gundy and getting dissed. At some point, perception can become reality and you have a "bad job" on your hands.

this this this this this
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #33
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Charlie Strong is still deciding between our offer and Louisville's counter offer.

Nothing decided yet. We could always up our offer if he does stick with Louisville's counter.

Not over yet.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Old 12-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #35
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Charlie Strong is still deciding between our offer and Louisville's counter offer.

Nothing decided yet. We could always up our offer if he does stick with Louisville's counter.

Not over yet.
It must suck to be in a bidding war with Louisville...

...my how times have changed on the hill
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #36
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post

Not over yet.

haha reeks of neediness

UT is starting to remind me of a guy who thinks he's really cool and popular, yet keeps seeing every pretty girl accepting other invites to the big dance...
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #37
govols/cc
Walk On

Male

govols/cc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Good. I hope they miss on him too. That is another delusional fanbase, one that several of my friends are a part of.. It was pathetic seeing them latch onto and then change their FB profile pics to Gruden, then Strong, etc.

Especially months after seeing them raving about Dooley's pants...
You can only laugh when a USCjr fan calls another fanbase delusional. I guess a couple years success does that. Of course if spurrier had 2 losing seasons out of the next 3 he would get a raise & extension just to keep him around for hopes of another SECe championship. As you can see at Tennessee that gets you fired even though it bit us in the rear. I think Strong comes because he wants to be in the SEC with the big boys no matter what the cards offer is as long as UT is in the same ballpark.
govols/cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #38
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

The Fulmer firing has led to the most extreme case of Karma that I've seen in college football. Hated UTe when he was there, mainly because they almost always sucked out a win against us, but not so much any more. Kind of feel bad for them now which should tell me just how far they've fallen.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

maybe kiffin will get fired and theyll rehire him
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #40
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

UTjr is desperate. They are irrelevant now. Plain and simple.