CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
trapper82
Gamecocks1137
2000grad
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
Pw00132
carolina_corpsman
uscnoklahoma
auslander
StormOfTalons
ESPN is mad that USC (3507)
Vandy, Missouri, Ken (3004)
Mike Davis (2119)
Cack's Toast of the (1392)
Terrible Officiating (1296)
Worse 1st and goal p (1119)
USC -21 and a hook @ (925)
If (big IF) we can w (832)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (671)
How the top 25 SHOUL (640)
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
20 of 31 former players s
Terrible Officiating.
Cooper
Brad Guzan
No Gurley near the goal l
Really excited to visit t
4-Star WR opts for soccer
Mike Davis
Keeping 2015 together!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly
Default Has anyone heard....

UNC and VA to the SEC? I have heard that but it just doesn't make sense to me! But then again none of this does!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Has anyone heard....

nope..not gonna happen. moving on
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit

Look how long the whole deal with aTm and Mizz unfolded.. this aint happening at this point..
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I don't think UNC leaves the ACC until the ACC folds. Also, don't see them wanting to leave without Duke. But, who knows how things are going to shake out. I didn't Maryland would leave and they did...
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Word is that UNC has options with the Big 10 and SEC.Could be UNC and UVA to Big10 or UVA and GT to Big 10 with UNC and Va Tech to SEC.Some people say that one day ND will look around and realize it is in their best interest to join a conference in football,but then they stand to keep 100% of their BCS money since they are independant.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
I don't think UNC leaves the ACC until the ACC folds. Also, don't see them wanting to leave without Duke. But, who knows how things are going to shake out. I didn't Maryland would leave and they did...
When push comes to shove, I think North Carolina leaves Duke in a vapor trail..........
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
When push comes to shove, I think North Carolina leaves Duke in a vapor trail..........
Probably so. Don't think they'd be thrilled to do it, but I'm sure the extra $$$$ gained by making a move will help console them.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
FloTownCocky
Office Linebacker

Male

FloTownCocky has feathers coming inFloTownCocky has feathers coming in

VA goes nowhere without VA Tech.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

My brother's girlfriend's uncle's brother's wife has a friend who works at a school in New Mexico...she told me that Washington and Washington State were joining the SEC as a package deal. Don't quote me on it, but I'm just telling you what I've been told. My source is usually credible.

Forgive the sarcasm, this realignment stuff is just turning into last year all over again where a new school was joining a new conference every other day.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #10
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
My brother's girlfriend's uncle's brother's wife has a friend who works at a school in New Mexico...she told me that Washington and Washington State were joining the SEC as a package deal. Don't quote me on it, but I'm just telling you what I've been told. My source is usually credible.

Forgive the sarcasm, this realignment stuff is just turning into last year all over again where a new school was joining a new conference every other day.
Thank you Simone.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Just invite Notre Dame and Texas then take over the world

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I heard the SEC was actually adding 2 divisions, and then expanding the existing divisions to 8, so it will have 4 divisions with a total of 32 teams.

Complete Sarcasm
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

No one knows anythign at this point. Everything is pure rumor and speculation.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #14
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Tater fan friend says its fsu and clemtech to the sec.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
nope..not gonna happen. moving on
Yeah, because you know everything. No one knows for sure what they're thinking.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Tater fan friend says its fsu and clemtech to the sec.
lol those are the 2 least likely to join
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloTownCocky View Post
VA goes nowhere without VA Tech.
Don't be so sure about that...I know Hokie High forced UVA to bring them into the ACC, but that probably won't happen a second time

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #18
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=184131

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=184042

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=184266

Kinda obvious we've heard about it.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #19
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 348
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

chances are real good that it will be a NC and Va school because those are 2 new markets for the SEC
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #20
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Sorry but how is NC a new market? Charlotte? I thought the SEC already had that market
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote