CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ConwayGamecock
jrussjr
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
CaptainCock91
MisterClowney
Cockypantherfan
CockyandProud
Captain9Dragons
Musburger/Palmer to (1338)
Shaq R. (1193)
Dustin Johnson takin (1144)
I'm in the Atlanta a (785)
Kewl video (753)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (679)
Film Room: Can Victo (437)
weather in columbia (403)
Overrated and Underr (316)
1st practice tonight (312)
Donell Stanley injured?
Backup QB competition
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Dustin Johnson taking a l
Kewl video
1st practice tonight
Re-Airing South Carolina
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
We don't have a practice
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #21
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Whatever Happened to Dion LeCorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InGarciaWeTrust View Post
he did not have a good work ethic. i feel bad about the injury and all that, dont wish that on anyone, but he was a friend of a friend, and i hung out with him a fair amount, and he did not live the life a dedicated athlete would live. ill leave it at that.
with your sn you should know.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #22
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
USF
damn really.. thats one i was in the dark about
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #23
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

I remember us getting Lecorn. He was great running after the catch on screens. Really thick legs, could fall forward. We were hoping to get his super highly touted high school teammate....quarterback.....John Brantley. Boy did he ever make a mistake going to UF trying to run the spread option.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #24
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
I remember us getting Lecorn. He was great running after the catch on screens. Really thick legs, could fall forward. We were hoping to get his super highly touted high school teammate....quarterback.....John Brantley. Boy did he ever make a mistake going to UF trying to run the spread option.
Very interesting.... I had no idea that he and Brantley were teammates. Hard to say which of them had the greater disappointment.... LeCorn because of injury or Brantley because of performance.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InGarciaWeTrust View Post
he did not have a good work ethic. i feel bad about the injury and all that, dont wish that on anyone, but he was a friend of a friend, and i hung out with him a fair amount, and he did not live the life a dedicated athlete would live. ill leave it at that.
Just have to laugh considering your screen name.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #26
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Spurrier didn't want Brantley. He wouldn't take him and Brantley was seriously interested.
PageUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #27
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Spurrier didn't want Brantley. He wouldn't take him and Brantley was seriously interested.
I thought it was that either Brantley and Garcia didn't want to be brought in with another qb, or was it the staff only going after one for that year?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #28
CockyMBA
Recruit

Male

CockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his clawsCockyMBA is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troytafreak View Post
whatever happened to lamar scrubbs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
USF
Nah, he's at NC Central. Wanted to play immediately and not have to sit out this year.
CockyMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #29
PageUSC

Male

PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I thought it was that either Brantley and Garcia didn't want to be brought in with another qb, or was it the staff only going after one for that year?
What I heard is that Spurrier turned away Brantley. C2 said he heard the same.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #30
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
The staff was recruiting both. Brantley committed to Texas, and after that we received Garcia's commitment. We promised Garcia that he would be the only QB we would sign, so when Brantley decommitted from Texas, and called our coaches, we told him we were full at QB for that cycle.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #31
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He didn't turn him away, exaclty we declined to re-open our QB recruiting after he had previously committed to texas or wherever over us and we locked up garcia. We recruited the shit out of him early prior to his first commitment.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #32
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
The staff was recruiting both. Brantley committed to Texas, and after that we received Garcia's commitment. We promised Garcia that he would be the only QB we would sign, so when Brantley decommitted from Texas, and called our coaches, we told him we were full at QB for that cycle.
That's what I remember.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #33
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Really thick legs, could fall forward.
I had a nickname for him: Ham-Thighs
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #34
PageUSC

Male

Exactly. Essentially turning him away because we had Garcia's commitment.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Exactly. Essentially turning him away because we had Garcia's commitment.
Good thing because Garcia had a better career at QB than Brantley did.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote