CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
spareparts
Spurticus
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
JerseyBird
The Yancey
Sindarius Thornwell (1099)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (803)
Well gameday just go (561)
Happy Birthday, Coac (499)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (428)
Your most famous twi (399)
Athlon Ranks the SEC (385)
South Carolina @ Aub (264)
Softball takes final (180)
Lattimore's return. (128)
GTA V online
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Lattimore's return. An ar
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
How to cut the mustard
17 Ridiculous Kitchen Gad
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit


View Poll Results: Shaw or Thompson?
Shaw 165 51.24%
Thompson 157 48.76%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #201
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Yes, coaches are infallible and have never made a single mistake. They are coaches and therefore completely above any criticism whatsoever.
Sorry buddy...nobody's perfect...but I would put anything I got that they know more about it than you
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #202
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Wow! And you think I am biased?!
How are you so quick to talk about "skewed" numbers & down Connors QB play against good D's but then ignore the fact that #1...Mizzou's D is better than any Dylan has faced. So wouldn't you think that IF Dylan was the better QB that he would be able to complete as good or better percentage than Connor?
#2...Connor played well against Ga...yes...what D has Dylan faced that was CLOSE to as good as Georgia's D? The worse D that Connor faced all year was Tenn....but let's ignore the numbers he put up against them! He got rid of it just fine seemed like to me against a bad D...BETTER than what Dylan has...NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!
#3...let me guess...u fault Connor for LSU...but you don't fault that QB'S for the Florida loss even though Dylan played half of the game? Or wait...did he cost us that game too?! BAHAHAHAHA
#4...if u would actually go back & read...you would see clearly where I have said Connor could get rid of it quicker...is that not a fault I have admitted to? And again...I guess against Tennessee the WRs weren't involved?! Who caught the 356 yards of passing by Connor then? Wait...that don't matter bc it was not a good D...but Dylan's do...how?!
I do think you're biased. I also clearly stated my bias. It's kind of why we're having this debate.

You're engaged in some serious circular logic here; "Connor's NUMBERS DON'T LIE!" but "DYLAN'S NUMBERS ONLY BECAUSE OF BAD D". Those are 2 contradictory statements. Either Numbers are numbers or they're not. Shaw has better numbers. He's played exponentially more games. It's hard to argue against the numbers, because Thompson has a smaller sample size to draw from. But if Thompson is getting knocked because of the strength of the defenses he's faced, than Shaw does as well. See how that works?


To posit that the offense w/ Shaw at the helm THIS SEASON is effective, multifaceted, and keeps defenses honest is to ignore staggering evidence of Shaw struggling.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #203
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Sorry buddy...nobody's perfect...but I would put anything I got that they know more about it than you
Where did I say that I knew more than the coaches? I'm going to go through your posts, though, and look for any instance where you criticized a coaching move, playcall, or player. Because by your reasoning here, "a coach is making a decision. coaches know more about football. Therefore that decision is the right one."
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #204
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I'm really concerned for gripitandripit. He honestly thinks we are even an average passing team with Shaw at quarterback. Shaw is one of the most frustrating quarterbacks I've ever watched. He just refuses to throw it.
It's maddening. And it effects the players as well.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #205
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
You can not honestly be serious. If you honestly think this then no one here can ever take what you say seriously. Until Connor throws for 3000 yards in a year I won't have him above Garcia.
Yeah...that makes a lot of sense...Garcia is better bc he threw for more yards than Connor in a year...but you think Dylan is better why? Any numbers to back that up or just a biased eye test?
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #206
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name
 
COCKYTALKIN's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbia
Posts: 5,078
CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

I can't understand how anybody could argue against Dylan Thompson. He hasn't played enough games for his statistics to be relevant in this argument. He hasn't had an opportunity to play top tier defense so nobody knows what would happen. However, we know Shaw can't run against an LSU or Florida caliber defense and nobody (I hope) is arguing which QB is the better passer.

They are both good. We have RB's that can handle the ground game. Play the guy that can chuck it around a little better.
COCKYTALKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #207
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

I have a couple of questions for gripitandripit. These will tell is a lot.

1. Connor completed six (6) passes aganst UGA two of which were in the defenders hands and our guys snatched them away. Do you really honestly think he played well aganst UGA?

2. We're you impressed with his play aganst mizzou? I sure wasn't. He completed two passes more than ten yards that game. The rest were short. Or check downs. You act like he torched both of those teams.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #208
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Yeah...that makes a lot of sense...Garcia is better bc he threw for more yards than Connor in a year...but you think Dylan is better why? Any numbers to back that up or just a biased eye test?
So by your estimation the only thing Shaw needs to improve is "getting rid of the ball quicker"? And why is that? Are there other areas of his game that he could improve on, and if so, what are they? To attempt to be constructive here, I'll get specific:

1. Get rid of the ball quicker/more decisive w/ the passes
2. Cycle through multiple receivers prior to tucking and running
3. Trust the WRs/TEs to get open even if they are not presently open at the time of the throw
4. Run as absolute last resort (unless called QB run play)
5. Slide feet first to avoid potential injury
6. Improve arm strength and pass velocity, float less passes
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #209
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Yeah...that makes a lot of sense...Garcia is better bc he threw for more yards than Connor in a year...but you think Dylan is better why? Any numbers to back that up or just a biased eye test?
Haha wow. You do realize the only way you can truly judge someones play is to see it for yourself, right? Because numbers can become incredibly skewed. And in Connors case have.

It's like saying Montana is a better quarterback then Marino because he won more games. But if you ever actually watched the two QBs then anyone could tell that Marino is better.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #210
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
I do think you're biased. I also clearly stated my bias. It's kind of why we're having this debate.

You're engaged in some serious circular logic here; "Connor's NUMBERS DON'T LIE!" but "DYLAN'S NUMBERS ONLY BECAUSE OF BAD D". Those are 2 contradictory statements. Either Numbers are numbers or they're not. Shaw has better numbers. He's played exponentially more games. It's hard to argue against the numbers, because Thompson has a smaller sample size to draw from. But if Thompson is getting knocked because of the strength of the defenses he's faced, than Shaw does as well. See how that works?


To posit that the offense w/ Shaw at the helm THIS SEASON is effective, multifaceted, and keeps defenses honest is to ignore staggering evidence of Shaw struggling.
Whichever u want them to be buddy...both are numbers...and Connors is better! Sorry you can't see that but it's a FACT! I know exactly how it works...u r the one that is missing it...Connor has faced tougher D's overall...but his QB rating is still better! It's something called averages...no matter how the "sample size" is...Connors numbers are still better.

Again...I have stated facts that backup Connor is better overall...even facing better D's...until you can find anything that proves that wrong...you have no argument
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #211
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I have a couple of questions for gripitandripit. These will tell is a lot.

1. Connor completed six (6) passes aganst UGA two of which were in the defenders hands and our guys snatched them away. Do you really honestly think he played well aganst UGA?

2. We're you impressed with his play aganst mizzou? I sure wasn't. He completed two passes more than ten yards that game. The rest were short. Or check downs. You act like he torched both of those teams.
Excellent points. I give Shaw credit for utilizing the check downs in Mizzou game (one of the only instances of him doing it this season) but his numbers are bloated by those short passes.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #212
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP
 
KaneisAble's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,191
CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Whichever u want them to be buddy...both are numbers...and Connors is better! Sorry you can't see that but it's a FACT! I know exactly how it works...u r the one that is missing it...Connor has faced tougher D's overall...but his QB rating is still better! It's something called averages...no matter how the "sample size" is...Connors numbers are still better.

Again...I have stated facts that backup Connor is better overall...even facing better D's...until you can find anything that proves that wrong...you have no argument
LOL. WHAT DEFENSES? Georgia (all 6 passes)? What are the better defenses. PLEASE tell me. And PLEASE tell me how Connor is a better physical passer w/o saying "NUMBERS DEFENSES BRO!"
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #213
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
Whichever u want them to be buddy...both are numbers...and Connors is better! Sorry you can't see that but it's a FACT! I know exactly how it works...u r the one that is missing it...Connor has faced tougher D's overall...but his QB rating is still better! It's something called averages...no matter how the "sample size" is...Connors numbers are still better.

Again...I have stated facts that backup Connor is better overall...even facing better D's...until you can find anything that proves that wrong...you have no argument
Wtf. Your logic.. Is just bad.

You keep saying Connor has faced tougher Ds. Yes we all know this. But it doesn't matter because he's ne'er done anything aganst these "tougher" Ds. Shaw's only good passing games are aganst bad Ds. Same as DT. You have no point there. And that seems to be your main point. I mean heck he played wofford the week before Clemson and looked horrible. No doubt in my mind DT would have thrown 300 aganst them.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #214
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.
 
HeadCockFan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 6,189
CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Passer rating is a crap stat IMO. Completion percentage should factor less if you have a low YPC. But that's too much fancy math for the football Gods.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #215
Dizzy01
Starter
 
Dizzy01's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1,290
CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Is that directed at me? Thompson spreads the ball around more. Not really sure how anyone actually possessing functioning eyeballs who's watched the games can say otherwise. If his first option is covered he's much more inclined than Connor to look for a 2nd or 3rd option.

How do "Average Yards" and "completion percentage" discredit that? The "check down" wouldn't necessarily increase his Yards per pass and his completion percentage can be interpreted as being lower because he (GASP) actually attempted a throw, regardless of if he completed it or not. So the "check down" criticism is entirely valid.

Connor's completion percentage is skewed because of Missouri game. What else you got?

EDIT: See you quoted someone else. But I referenced "check down" as well.
If you remove the Mizzou game Shaw's completion percentage drops all the way down to 64% which the last time I checked is still significantly higher than 50% for Thompson.

As for spreading the ball around you can look at the box scores for a comparison of how many different guys catch the ball. I'm not talking about hitting 3 different guys 6 times a piece but rather 6 or more guys making catches.

The YPC makes a difference when you're trying to compare the guys and claiming one guy only throws short easy passes. If this was the case then his yards per completion average should be significantly lower.

Of course I think the lesson here is that when facts and stats don't support your point just discredit them and keep on spinning.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #216
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
I have a couple of questions for gripitandripit. These will tell is a lot.

1. Connor completed six (6) passes aganst UGA two of which were in the defenders hands and our guys snatched them away. Do you really honestly think he played well aganst UGA?

2. We're you impressed with his play aganst mizzou? I sure wasn't. He completed two passes more than ten yards that game. The rest were short. Or check downs. You act like he torched both of those teams.
1. Honestly...OF COURSE he played well against Georgia! I would love to hear someone try to explain to me how he didn't play well! We were up 21-0 in the first qtr...why keep throwing it?! Just bc he did what SOS wanted him to do does that mean he had a bad game?! Now do I think he had a BIG game...no...he didn't throw it enough to like he did against Tenn...but a good game...60% passing 2 TDs & 0 ints...who wouldn't call that a good game?!

2. No...wasn't impressed bc he is a good and smart QB. I expect that from him! And you want to put a wager on it that he threw 2 passes more than 10 yards?! That alone just shows how much you watch or how much you comprehend when you do watch! Each of his TDs were over 10 yard throws...the fade to Ace was over 20 that fell perfectly in his hands!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #217
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
So by your estimation the only thing Shaw needs to improve is "getting rid of the ball quicker"? And why is that? Are there other areas of his game that he could improve on, and if so, what are they? To attempt to be constructive here, I'll get specific:

1. Get rid of the ball quicker/more decisive w/ the passes
2. Cycle through multiple receivers prior to tucking and running
3. Trust the WRs/TEs to get open even if they are not presently open at the time of the throw
4. Run as absolute last resort (unless called QB run play)
5. Slide feet first to avoid potential injury
6. Improve arm strength and pass velocity, float less passes
Did I say that was the only thing? You said I don't find any faults...just giving an example where I already had before.

Not gonna waste my time to quote on these. Can Connor improve...of course! Is he the best & most proven QB we have right now! Of course! If he wasn't...why would he be starting?!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #218
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripitandripit2007 View Post
1. Honestly...OF COURSE he played well against Georgia! I would love to hear someone try to explain to me how he didn't play well! We were up 21-0 in the first qtr...why keep throwing it?! Just bc he did what SOS wanted him to do does that mean he had a bad game?! Now do I think he had a BIG game...no...he didn't throw it enough to like he did against Tenn...but a good game...60% passing 2 TDs & 0 ints...who wouldn't call that a good game?!

2. No...wasn't impressed bc he is a good and smart QB. I expect that from him! And you want to put a wager on it that he threw 2 passes more than 10 yards?! That alone just shows how much you watch or how much you comprehend when you do watch! Each of his TDs were over 10 yard throws...the fade to Ace was over 20 that fell perfectly in his hands!
You completely ignored the fact that Connor threw two shitty passes that were picked off but our guys went and snatched the ball.

And um what? You just agreed with me... His two TDs were what I was talking about... Lol
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #219
pantera17
Banned
 
pantera17's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbia SC
Posts: 12,053
CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Hey grip, here's one thing we can agree on. I hope Mitch comes in and blows it away. Would be nice to have a heisman winning QB ;)
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #220
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip
 
gripitandripit2007's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florence SC
Posts: 800
CockyCash: 500
gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007
Default Re: Shaw or Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera17 View Post
Haha wow. You do realize the only way you can truly judge someones play is to see it for yourself, right? Because numbers can become incredibly skewed. And in Connors case have.

It's like saying Montana is a better quarterback then Marino because he won more games. But if you ever actually watched the two QBs then anyone could tell that Marino is better.
Yes...and I watch EVERY GAME...either from the stands...or on tv...several times over again! And u do realize that someone's numbers can become incredibly skewed according to the defenses they face right?! Don't forget that part!

I honestly think Montana is better...not bc of rings & wins...bc I know for a fact that it takes TEAMS to win those...but Montana was a great QB & made the best of what he had...and found ways to win...Connor does the same thing!
__________________




WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development