CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
PageUSC
Regalcock
The Yancey
taylorssc
zcockz
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
HBC Weekly Presser (2022)
Thompson Has Neck In (1484)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1037)
4th & 1 Play (906)
Clowney didnt get ma (794)
Zone Read Analysis w (772)
Kentucky prediction (495)
So What? (460)
Just Booked my Hotel (436)
Request (397)
Kentucky prediction
State talent drying up
HBC Weekly Presser
Out of the top 25
What fish do you eat
Thoughts on the basketbal
Women's BB "Big Mond
Dylan Thompson looks brok
Cleaned up version: SEC E
Just Booked my Hotel for

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #161
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gator Bowl Commish says USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Would you be going to Dallas if we were selected for Cotton Bowl? Probably not either, right?

We need to put the program's interests above what is convenient for the fans.
Nope because my significant other who travels to the games with me can't get 1/2/13 off of work. However, I would prefer for us to play at the Cotton Bowl (even though that's not even a possibility this year and sort of irrelevant to this discussion) because it would be something new and exciting and would be in a much better venue. Even though the Cotton Bowl isn't that much higher in the pecking order than Outback, I feel like it carries alot more excitement and name brand with it. Actually, the more I think about it, IF we played the Cotton Bowl, I might try and make some efforts to get a group together to fly out there because Dallas could be a cool adventure as opposed to Tampa which is much closer, most people have been there before, and the team has played there a bunch in recent history. Frankly, the Outback Bowl is viewed by a lot of our fans at this point as nothing special. The Gator Bowl isn't an amazing bowl game either, but atleast it's something different and a doable day trip.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #162
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I haven't seen a single projection show us going to the Gator...
Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #163
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Would you be going to Dallas if we were selected for Cotton Bowl? Probably not either, right?

We need to put the program's interests above what is convenient for the fans.
Wanting to be able to attend the game due to location and what we actually get picked for are two different scenarios. If we got picked for Sugar, I wouldn't lament it at all...I just can't attend that bowl due to days off restrictions, family situation, and distance.

has nothing to do with my interests above the team's

Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #164
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just wanted to retort a bit there.

I still don't see why we are trying to put ourselves in the mindset that the bowls are equal in terms of relevance...just because it is closer and fans may want something new. The Gator is 2 selections down from the Outback...after the CFA.

It's like arguing the Music City Bowl would be just as good as the Chick-Fil-A.

I disagree with your assessment on recruiting rankings.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/art...-players/1840/

Quote:
Jackson, Mississippi, comes out on top with roughly 35 players per 100,000, followed by Jacksonville, Florida (27); Monroe, Louisiana (20); Lexington, Kentucky (15); Canton, Ohio (11); Lafayette, Louisiana (6); Pine Bluff, Arkansas (4); Athens, Georgia (4); Midland, Texas (3); and Billings, Montana (3) round out the top 10. Of the large metro areas, New Orleans was 16th with 2.5 players per 100,000. Miami is 32nd in player production, Los Angeles is 47th and New York is even further back at 110th.
Personally, I think it is best for the program to have a bowl game in vaious cities over a period of time. If not the Gator this year, then within the next couple.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #165
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Wanting to be able to attend the game due to location and what we actually get picked for are two different scenarios. If we got picked for Sugar, I wouldn't lament it at all...I just can't attend that bowl due to days off restrictions, family situation, and distance.

has nothing to do with my interests above the team's
My point is that people are looking at this from how it will benefit the average fan. The average fan, I would guess, just doesn't up and decide to go to the bowl game. I have found that most people I meet at bowl games have been to many of them in the past. They are going to make it regardless of situation- it is something they plan for far in advance before selection day.

The Cotton Bowl and Outback Bowl, while I know perception has changed since the new Cowboys stadium and future implications it will carry, are the same picks.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #166
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Personally, I think it is best for the program to have a bowl game in vaious cities over a period of time. If not the Gator this year, then within the next couple.
The objective, which I hope you understand what I am saying here, is to never go to the Gator.

NCG
BCS Bowl
Capital One
Cotton/Outback
Chick-Fil-A
Gator
Music City

Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #167
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I understand what you are saying. Hopefully you can understand what I am saying.

I don't agree with you.

I think it is pointless to continue. Where ever the AD and coach say we go to, I will enjoy either watching it on tv or going to it in person (if it is here).

Either way, I think we get our 11th win for the second straight year.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #168
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
I think it is pointless to continue. Where ever the AD and coach say we go to, I will enjoy either watching it on tv or going to it in person (if it is here).

Either way, I think we get our 11th win for the second straight year.
Fair enough. I am going to the game no matter where it is at and have a good time.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #169
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Fair enough. I am going to the game no matter where it is at and have a good time.

Cool. Let's kick some big ten butt again.

I kind of wish OSU and Ped state were going to bowls to give us a better matchup...but whatever.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #170
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

Haven't looked back to see if already posted but McMurphy from CBS tweeted that A&M is going to the Capitol One bowl.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #171
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

cap 1 is taking a&m. we are going to tampa
Old 11-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #172
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
cap 1 is taking a&m. we are going to tampa
It depends. If UGA wins then Bama may go to Tampa, Florida - Atlanta, LSU to Cotton, and we get Gator. The problem is 6 SEC teams in the top ten and the bowl tie ins.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #173
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

If aTM goes to Capital One, that will shake things up quite a bit...because the most logical choice for them all along has been Cotton. Should Alabam win, that puts Florida into BCS bowl. With aTm in Capital One, you would think LSU goes to Cotton...leaving the Outback to take UGA or us. And UGA was in Outback last year.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #174
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

^a&m has already unofficially been invited to the cap 1 apparently. If bama loses, the cap 1 bowl has a big decision to make but i think they stick with a&m and then bama would probably go to the cotton to play texas and lsu is in the chicfila. Either way it's tampa for us

Last edited by rosstheboss; 11-30-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #175
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

My older brother lives on Amelia Island so it would be a nice week-end trip. And I'm off from work the whole week. The only down side is that sometimes the weather is a lot nicer in Tampa than Jacksonville that time of year.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #176
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

So they don't want any more home teams for their bowls? What year was it that Florida pulled a deal that made us go to a crappy bowl instead of a Florida bowl? They found out quick they made a big error. No hotel visits or people buying tickets.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #177
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
If aTM goes to Capital One, that will shake things up quite a bit...because the most logical choice for them all along has been Cotton. Should Alabam win, that puts Florida into BCS bowl. With aTm in Capital One, you would think LSU goes to Cotton...leaving the Outback to take UGA or us. And UGA was in Outback last year.
It might come down to the Outback trying to figure out if back to back visits from UGA who just lost the SECCG vs their bad memories of our lack of fans vs Mizzou.

I would bet anything that the CFA would love to have the dawgs vs the taters.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #178
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorspur View Post
So they don't want any more home teams for their bowls? What year was it that Florida pulled a deal that made us go to a crappy bowl instead of a Florida bowl? They found out quick they made a big error. No hotel visits or people buying tickets.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #179
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

Quote:
It might come down to the Outback trying to figure out if back to back visits from UGA who just lost the SECCG vs their bad memories of our lack of fans vs Mizzou.

* IOWA not Mizzou
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #180
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

You also got to remember with that game, we just got destroyed by Florida and Clemson. We were 7-5.

Honestly I think 2007, 2008, 2009 were years of the Spurrier era that most people would like to forget.
Closed Thread