CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
SCrules
Coulwoodwarlord
sflgc
NAGamecockFan
eklypised
TAFC 5 1981
Acockolypse Now
gocockswyn
Antonio Allen vs Als (2021)
why we're in this po (1595)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1452)
Predict the Season ( (1444)
Spurrier Press confe (1410)
open discussion of t (1212)
Dylan Thompson picke (1102)
Waldrop & Willia (982)
Acock's Wrap Up: Van (912)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Missouri @ USC: Predictio
Spurrier Press conference
Predict the Season (After
I guess we don't get all
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
why we're in this positio

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #1421
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Christian Miller Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Spring Valley LB Christian Miller was among the prospects attending the USC-Clemson game Saturday night. He did so with two more offers in his pocket. Boise State coach Chris Peterson called Saturday with an offer from the Broncos. And Duke also recently offered. Miller also has offers from Clemson, USC, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State and Houston. He has not named any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...856/-1/PSPORTS

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #1422
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2014 - Marcus Boone

Athlete from Woodbridge, Virginia

A guy to keep an eye on. Per TBS.

Rivals Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #1423
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Treyvon Paulk - Tennessee

Running Back from Alpharetta, Georgia

A guy to keep an eye on. Per GCC.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #1424
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Dillon Bates Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Steve Spurrier and Spurrier Jr. dropped by school of 2014 LB Dillon Bates today. #Gamecocks
per Chris Clark's Twitter

Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #1425
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Demarre Kitt Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
2014 WR Demarre Kitt RT @D_ocho: Talked to coach Spurrior Jr last night. #gamecocks #southcarolina

Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #1426
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Jalyn Holmes - Ohio State

Quote:
#Gamecocks mail for 2014 prospect RT @JayHolmes_: Blesses http://po.st/GWWYAv

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #1427
ICEHOCEY77
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
ICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spursICEHOCEY77 has earned his spurs

Bill Bates' son? Quite the family...

He and his wife Denise have five children: Dillon, Tanner, Graham, Brianna, and Hunter. Graham, Brianna, and Hunter are triplets, and Graham and Hunter are currently playing college football at Arkansas State University and Northwestern University, respectively.

Not sure how much a 'Vol legacy' he's going to end up being if the other brothers didn't go...?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #1428
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
Bill Bates' son? Quite the family...

He and his wife Denise have five children: Dillon, Tanner, Graham, Brianna, and Hunter. Graham, Brianna, and Hunter are triplets, and Graham and Hunter are currently playing college football at Arkansas State University and Northwestern University, respectively.

Not sure how much a 'Vol legacy' he's going to end up being if the other brothers didn't go...?
Are either of those schools on Tennessee's level in terms of prestige? Please be realistic when you post facts. Players who went to those schools are normally never offered except for Kentucky and Vandy from the SEC. Bates being a legacy is big but the coaching upheaval should help us.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #1429
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: Logan Sedergren Thread (2014 Prospect)

I'm planning to go see Concord play against Havelock tomorrow at the NC AAA Finals.

I'm excited for my cousin. In the semi's he had 20 tackles.

Recent article mention.
http://ucla.scout.com/2/1244870.html

I'm also excited to see Pharoh Cooper, Kendall Vickers and Darrell Scott. I'll be sporting the Gamecock Gear.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier

Last edited by MWard; 12-01-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #1430
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Logan is doing really well in the State Championship, but Scott and Cooper are the real deal. I was also surprised by Vickers, he is quick. Scott is the fastest guy on the field it seems and Cooper has great field vision.

Cooper had a Pick 6 as well as crazy passing and rushing stats. I think Scott is avg'ing close to 10 yards a carry.

Tommy Beecher's little brother is the QB for Concord, and he hasn't got anything going this half.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #1431
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Logan did even get in on offense for a 2 pt conversion.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #1432
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Joyner for Havelock is really good to, he's a sick WR making playing in traffic.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1433
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

vickers still playing ol?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #1434
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I didn't notice him on OL, I just saw him get to Beecher a bunch from the DL positions.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #1435
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jalen Washington Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
And Dillon junior DL Jaylen Washington is drawing interest from USC, Clemson, NC State, Virginia Tech and East Carolina. He has not been offered.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...917/-1/PSPORTS

Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #1436
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Christopher Murphy Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Class of 2014 DB Chris Murphy (5-10 178) of Marietta, GA has offers from North Carolina, Vanderbilt and Purdue with interest from Clemson, USC, Florida, Oklahoma, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State and Iowa among others. Clemson was by his school recently. "I don't really talk to them that much," admitted Murphy, "but they did come by my school to check on me. I've already visited them once." USC has shown a little more interest. "I do talk to coach (G.A.) Mangus and coach (Grady) Brown," he said. "They're telling me they want to see a little more from me because I didn't get much passing action my sophomore year." Murphy says he did get more action this season with three interceptions and 12 pass deflections. He has visited Columbia twice. "The last time I was there was for the spring game," said Murphy. "I pretty much like everything about it. They have a good coaching staff and a good team. It's somewhere I think I could thrive." His other visits include UNC, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Vandy and Duke. Murphy does not have a favorite.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...921/-1/PSPORTS

Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #1437
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Charles Nelson Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Junior ATH Charles Nelson (5-9 170) of Daytona Beach has offers from Duke, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Temple, Georgia Tech, Memphis and Michigan with interest from Clemson, USC, Florida, Florida State, Miami, South Florida, Oregon and Southern Cal among others. He is showing interest in Clemson and USC, though he does not know much about either school. "I haven't really done my research on all of the schools yet but I know they're good programs," said Nelson. "They send me mail and messages on facebook inviting me to games." Nelson did not make any games this season. "I tore my ACL this season and I just had surgery," he admitted. "I've just kind of been chilling." His plans for future visits remain uncertain. Before his injury, Nelson played in six games. He totaled 38 rushes for over 400 yards with 23 receptions for another 400-plus yards and 10 total touchdowns. He added two inceptions on defense. "Some schools are recruiting me on offense and some on defense," he said. "It doesn't really matter to me." Nelson does not have any favorites.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...920/-1/PSPORTS

Old 12-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1438
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jacob Park Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Stratford coach Ray Stackley said his junior quarterback Jacob Park now has offers from Auburn, Tennessee, North Carolina and NC State. He's also getting interest from USC, Alabama, Georgia and Notre Dame. Stackley said even though USC has offered junior Drew Barker of Kentucky, the Gamecocks continue to recruit Park who passed for 2700 yards and 25 touchdowns this season. USC was by the school this week.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...987/-1/PSPORTS

Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #1439
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Naquez Pringle Thread (2014 Prospect)

Quote:
Carvers Bay coach Nate Thompson said his junior DL Naquez Pringle has offers from Clemson and USC and was at the rivalry game last month. Both schools have had recruiters come by the school this week. LSU, Alabama, North Carolina, Notre Dame and Ohio State were by the school in the spring and are showing interest.
Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...987/-1/PSPORTS

Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #1440
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2014 - Deondre Clark - LSU

Defensive Lineman from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

USC offer.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Closed Thread