CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
Lonnie
GarnetSwarm1990
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
johnnyb
So Disappointed With (2174)
Rank the QBs under S (1532)
Back like cooked cra (1118)
Tennessee game (700)
Who start on the d l (669)
No Comments on the H (533)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (198)
Gameday parking in A (134)
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
Roll call for Auburn
Name a Gamecock
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
So Disappointed With The
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Gamecock football Long Te

Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly
Default Gruden turns down UT!

So it's official Jon Gruden turned down Tennessee! I am glad because he would have crushed the recruiting war!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gruden turns down UT!

The way I understand it is he didn't actually turn them down, but that all the rumors he was being considered/putting his staff toogether, etc. were all simply false.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...-staff-reports

Although I think Gruden in the SEC would have been really cool, I do find it satisfying to know that all the Vol fans acting like this was basically a done deal were totally off base.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Gruden was never going to go there, If he gets back into coaching, it will be with an NFL team.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Gruden was never going to go there, If he gets back into coaching, it will be with an NFL team.
Nah man. Spurrier and Gruden are good friends, and there is an agreement in place for Gruden to take over when Spurrier decides to retire. Gruden knows what a good situation he'll be inheriting, so he's content to sit back and do his ESPN thing for a couple more years. Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Nah man. Spurrier and Gruden are good friends, and there is an agreement in place for Gruden to take over when Spurrier decides to retire. Gruden knows what a good situation he'll be inheriting, so he's content to sit back and do his ESPN thing for a couple more years. Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL
olease.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
The way I understand it is he didn't actually turn them down, but that all the rumors he was being considered/putting his staff toogether, etc. were all simply false.

All I know is it has the beginnings of a redo of their last hiring process where all the people they really want and offer turn them down and they end up settling. I am all for this.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockRocker View Post
All I know is it has the beginnings of a redo of their last hiring process where all the people they really want and offer turn them down and they end up settling. I am all for this.
True. Didn't think of it that way.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

It really did not have anything to do with Tenn. Gruden just does not want the hassle of college football. I do not know this as fact, but my husband says he had a conversation with a producer at NBC on a flight out of Chicago. It would have been nice to see him in the SEC.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Nobody wants to inherit that mess in Knoxville.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

DUH...He get's paid MILLIONS to commentate NFL games and has no hassle of losing or winning. CMON man
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #12
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
DUH...He get's paid MILLIONS to commentate NFL games and has no hassle of losing or winning. CMON man
I see what you did there.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #13
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

^^^
HAHA
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:01 AM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

It's crazy how nobody seems to want to go to Tenn. look how much can change in 6 years.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #15
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

there is an article coming out at midnight that promises vols will be ecstatic. many think gruden is going to be announced at 8 am.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK View Post
So it's official Jon Gruden turned down Tennessee! I am glad because he would have crushed the recruiting war!
i really don't think he will/would "Crush" recruiting. Some people seem to think you just call people and tell them you want them and they fall all over themselves to play for you. Lots os people dislike Saban but he does great in recruiting so likability is not the key to recruiting.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
there is an article coming out at midnight that promises vols will be ecstatic. many think gruden is going to be announced at 8 am.
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...e=sec&id=57395

Maybe this is this the surprise..... no one wants them
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...e=sec&id=57395

Maybe this is this the surprise..... no one wants them
At this point no matter who is hired it will seem like a disappointment. All the other schools did a much better job keeping the search quiet so even if they did miss on coaches it wasn't as public as this. No matter what happens, it's going to seem like the coach now is the fourth or fifth choice.

I truly believe they should have stuck with Dooley and solidified their defense, but now because they were so short-sited with Dooley and the Kiffin hire they are reaping the consequences.

I thought it was odd this year that many of our fans were treating the UT game like it was Kentucky, but that maybe the case if they don't get their act together.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
At this point no matter who is hired it will seem like a disappointment. All the other schools did a much better job keeping the search quiet so even if they did miss on coaches it wasn't as public as this. No matter what happens, it's going to seem like the coach now is the fourth or fifth choice.

I truly believe they should have stuck with Dooley and solidified their defense, but now because they were so short-sited with Dooley and the Kiffin hire they are reaping the consequences.

I thought it was odd this year that many of our fans were treating the UT game like it was Kentucky, but that maybe the case if they don't get their act together.
Exactly. If they had kept Dooley and hired EJ as their DC they would have immediately started winning again.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #20
USC-Hokie
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 700
USC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his comb

Chris Peterson at Boise St. is actually looking around this year. They have peaked and he is aware of that so he is flirting with Wisconsin and I believe he is a dark horse for this position. One of his players recently tweeted best of luck to Coach Peterson and thanks for all you have done or something along those lines. Would hate to see him end up at Tennessee.