CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MWard
sanford
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
U-Dub Gamecock
gamecockgal
spareparts
Regalcock
Cockypantherfan
Sidney Rice Retiring (1105)
A good friend of min (554)
Dan Patrick Show - P (515)
ESPN Insider (408)
Pictures of older Co (356)
A Clowney Spotting? (303)
Places to eat in Con (213)
Bonefish Grill (195)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (153)
This Song is the F'i (143)
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Texags
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Ace suspended 4 games
Places To Eat In Beufort
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Christian Pellage
Sidney Rice Retiring From

Old 11-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Legalman72
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Guns (Firearms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapincock View Post
S&w sigma 9mm (hate it, worst $300 ever spent) s&w m&p ar15 with full magpul furniture (recommend the CTR stock for any ar owners with out one) and a bunch of other stuff, a few .22s, mossberg 835 ultimag, mosin nagant, and a few deer rifles.

Like I said not much for pistols but need me a 1911 lol
Nice!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Nice!
Fun to shoot, very cheap and you can get em anywhere. And where are all the glock guys? Anyone shoot out at Whitmire Indian Creek range?
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Quote:
Fun to shoot, very cheap and you can get em anywhere. And where are all the glock guys? Anyone shoot out at Whitmire Indian Creek range?
I'm a glock guy, posted earlier if there were any as well. Glock 23 and 26. But most the glock fans I know swear by the glock 19. I'm more of a CCW/home defense/tactical weapons kinda guy. Not so much hunting weapons.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
chapincock
4-Star

Male

chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Paratrooper View Post
I'm a glock guy, posted earlier if there were any as well. Glock 23 and 26. But most the glock fans I know swear by the glock 19. I'm more of a CCW/home defense/tactical weapons kinda guy. Not so much hunting weapons.
I hear ya, a bunch of the guys I shoot with love glocks, I like tactical, and historical weapons, all the hunting rifles and stuff were passed down from my grandfather when he passed away except the .308 that I use now. So which gun is better the ak or the ar in your opinion? AR gets my vote but the AK does have a helluva lot more punch.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #25
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

USC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his combUSC Paratrooper is developing his comb

Quote:
I hear ya, a bunch of the guys I shoot with love glocks, I like tactical, and historical weapons, all the hunting rifles and stuff were passed down from my grandfather when he passed away except the .308 that I use now. So which gun is better the ak or the ar in your opinion? AR gets my vote but the AK does have a helluva lot more punch.
This is a debatable topic. Ak yes usues a larger round and is known for its reliability in terms of not jamming and working in many different environments. However it sacrifices in overall accuracy. I think in a tactical sense the AR/M16/M4 platform is superior. Lighter, more accurate, minimum parts, and the 5.56 Will get the job done as far as stopping power.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #26
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

Does anyone Conceal carry? I do in GA but I hate that SC doesn't honor GA CCW permits. Makes no sense to me being southern border states.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

S&W has an 8shot .357 that im dying to have. cant remember the model but a quick google search will find it. also... the FN57 is something i just NEED. just cant justify spending over a grand on a plastic handgun
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #28
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

My B... forgot to list my current guns

DPMS AR-15
S&W Model 13-3 6 shot revolver
Ruger P85 MKII 9mm
Taurus 5 shot revolver (cant remember model)
Hi Point 9mm (crap gun... never buy hi-points)
CZ Makarov (bad ass lil pistol)
2 Derringers (1 .22 mag and 1 .38)
Marlin 336C Lever Action 30-30
Mossberg 500
Colt .45
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
S&W has an 8shot .357 that im dying to have. cant remember the model but a quick google search will find it. also... the FN57 is something i just NEED. just cant justify spending over a grand on a plastic handgun
I like the FN 45 tactical
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #30
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yay guns! anyone own a 1911?? I've been wanting one forever but I keep ending up buying rifles. The Kimbers are really nice looking, any suggestions?
i would like to have a budget .45, PSA had a Citadel for 350 once, but i did not pull the trigger
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #31
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 682
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

I've got a Springfield armory XD 40. Love it. I'm looking to get something that's a bit easier to conceal.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #32
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCCUChants View Post
I've got a Springfield armory XD 40. Love it. I'm looking to get something that's a bit easier to conceal.
I conceal carry a glock 26. I know a lot who carry the glock 27. A lot of people are turned off at first glance because of their size (I was one of them) but after having it for a while I love it. I have a plus 2 magazine for it that adds a little length so my pinky finger doesn't go below the magazine. I carry it in a galco kingtuk iwb holster and its comfortable and very concealable, even with a t-shirt on.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #33
chapincock
4-Star

Male

Ok so I don't know much about any of the glocks, but which ones are compact/full/subcompact?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #34
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ok so I don't know much about any of the glocks, but which ones are compact/full/subcompact/competition?
19/23 17/22 26/27 34/35 in the order above, first number of the set is 9mm second is .40 (ie. 19 is the compact 9, 23 is the compact .40)...they also make 357sig models on the same frames, but I don't know those numbers offhand. The 10mm and 44 are a larger frame pistol.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #35
USC Paratrooper
Recruit

Male

I'd also say if you're looking for a good conceal weapon, match something to your body type. I'm not a big guy 5 feet 9 inches 165lbs on a heavy day, so I'm pretty thin. I started carrying a glock 23 which wasn't TOO big for me to carry, but living in georgia in the heat, the 23 wouldn't always work well with me in summer clothes. So I went for the 26 and it was a good match for me. Also holsters make a huge difference. In the waistband holsters work best to me.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #36
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

I know the Glock 20/21 are 10mm/.45 ACP full size
Old 12-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #37
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I just got a Mossberg Maverick 88 for my birthday. 12 Ga. I'm planning on shooting it for the first time next weekend.

I also have my Grandpa and Dad's old Remington 16 Ga. Semi-auto shotgun. I'll check on the model when I get a chance, we're not sure what year it was made. Hopefully I can clean it up and shoot it some time.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #38
chapincock
4-Star

Male

So where does everyone shoot at?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I just got a Mossberg Maverick 88 for my birthday. 12 Ga. I'm planning on shooting it for the first time next weekend.

I also have my Grandpa and Dad's old Remington 16 Ga. Semi-auto shotgun. I'll check on the model when I get a chance, we're not sure what year it was made. Hopefully I can clean it up and shoot it some time.
Becareful shooting 3in buck and slug in the Maverick there is plastic clip that feeds that magazine that can get knocked off by really strong rounds
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #40
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

Quote:
So where does everyone shoot at?
At home in Aiken/Augusta-Beaver Dam DNR range, Pinetucky gun club

Charlotte-Eagle guns, Ierdell outdoor range