CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
spareparts
3MTA3
Thenardier
ertman420
thekob
b381l
G&B
Master Bedroom
SCohioBoy
2001 vs Sandstorm (1180)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (817)
Cunningham wants to (520)
Purple drank (433)
Horseshoes has been (213)
Clemson Georgia Game (173)
ESPN article on Clow (141)
Fumble party (138)
1964 World’s Fair (130)
Softball tops Georgi (116)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
Clemson Georgia Game to b

Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson to a BCS game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
If Clemson gets a BCS bid after not winning a game all season against a team in the top 25, we should riot. Let's see, only two teams from our conference can get it. That means either UGA or Bama, LSU, Texas A&M, and us will all be left out with a MUCH more deserving resume than Clemson.
By riot do you mean not watch the Sugar Bowl?

I'm not good with rioting, and I've never been to Jail.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 700
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

I have always thought of bowl games as an extra game where you play better quality opponent than most of your schedule. That being said it is almost as if every week in the SEC is a bowl game! I would rather play our competition every year than be in a weaker conference and pay for tickets every year to watch games such as NC State , Ga.Tech, Duke etc. etc. so if they get rewarded for being in a crap conference oh well!!!!! Our season is better than their postseason IMO!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post

lol yea jail just isn't appealing
Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #24
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talonsjch81 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Ford Tough View Post
One of the very few advantages of playing in poorer conference
ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC.
Just think of it this way, if Clemson gets in the acc will have 4 bcs teams in. Fsu, Clemson, Louisville, and Notre Dame.

Anyway I wouldn't worry about it to much because the acc is about to fall apart. I truly believe if Gt leaves so will all the other football schools.
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Just think of it this way, if Clemson gets in the acc will have 4 bcs teams in. Fsu, Clemson, Louisville, and Notre Dame.

Anyway I wouldn't worry about it to much because the acc is about to fall apart. I truly believe if Gt leaves so will all the other football schools.
Notre Dame's football team isn't part of the ACC.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
gamecockfinatic2007
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 125200
gamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfinatic2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post

LMAO! and go 1-3 and the only reason you get 1 win is because FSU and Louisville play each other.
gamecockfinatic2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheSpur View Post
TCU has to beat OU for them to go
Needless to say I'm an OU fan today...
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #28
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post

Figure of speech. Not only us....a lot of schools should have major beef with it.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #29
Skeeter3
Banned

Male

Skeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPitSkeeter3 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Tacos View Post
If Clemson gets an at large I will assure you the only game I watch this bowl season will be ours. That would be utter BS and a red flag that the system is broken. You shouldn't back into a bcs game just because. In my opinion, your conference shouldn't matter. If you're worthy you're worthy. So if that means the SEC gets 3-4 then so be it. Those are the benefits of a top 10 ranking. You shouldn't get an at large bids when the only 2 schools you played worth mentioning you lost too.
It's been established for about 10 years now that the system is severely flawed all the way around.
Skeeter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #30
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

Joe Tessitore has certainly mentioned it plenty of times already that Clemson could get a BCS game during this OU-TCU game. Good grief, I'm glad I was at the game last week so I didn't have to hear his broadcast the first time I watched it.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #31
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Boom goes the dynamite. 21-7 OU early in the 3rd Q.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

80 yard bomb and 21-14 that fast.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #33
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Anyone else wondering why Matt Millen keeps hammering Landry Jones?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #34
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 398687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

oklahoma looks like garbage.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Matt Millen sucks... Mr know-it-all....
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #36
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

TCU is a really well coached team
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #37
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Big penalty there...
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #38
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Ford Tough View Post
TCU is a really well coached team
Patterson is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA (IMO)
Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #39
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Ball game... Clemson can now cancel their reservations in New Orleans
Old 12-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #40
USCgrad95
Walk On

Male

USCgrad95 has hatched from the shell

The sad part is that it should have never come down to this game making any kind of difference. On what planet is Clemson the 14th best team in the country?
USCgrad95 is offline   Reply With Quote