CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
jrussjr
markp_vip
B-G
A. Pilgrim
GamecockSuperFan
Regalcock
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
2000grad
Winston (3496)
Davis dinged up agai (3365)
New Photos by Travis (2048)
For the love of God! (1760)
SOS: No QB controve (1194)
Waldrop injured (1169)
ESPN reporter adding (875)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (650)
Rabbit package? (550)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up (483)
Christian Walker called u
New Photos by Travis Bell
In light of our matchup w
Women of the SEC Ranked
The SEC East schedule fro
ESPN reporter adding to t
Winston
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
Good crowd for volleyball

View Poll Results: Would you think differently?
Yes 50 30.12%
No 79 47.59%
Maybe so 37 22.29%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #61
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs
Default Re: Dylan a 5* QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Really, and just how many games would he lose ? And how would the fan base react ? We've only lost 2 out of 12 and still the conversation remains.
Hype means everything boss, remember that. Its true.
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #62
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGamecock View Post
Let us be truely honest here. You and I both know that if he were a 5 * QB he would be playing and no one would question a thing.
If he were playing with the same results I think people would actually be focussing on more than his yardage and complaining that he was over rated. Coming in where he did peope are just happy to see him have success and the expectations are pretty low.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #63
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

No one cares about star except football nerds on websites and ESPN because they can hype events that a few years ago didn't matter.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #64
jcook84
Face Melter

Male

CockyCash: 2300
jcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudlyjcook84 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
If he were playing with the same results I think people would actually be focussing on more than his yardage and complaining that he was over rated. Coming in where he did peope are just happy to see him have success and the expectations are pretty low.
The dude's got ~3 games worth of reps this season (117 pass attempts) and over 900 yards with 8 tds. So 12 games at that average and he'd be at ~3700 yards 32 tds and 8 picks...Any Carolina fans that'd be complaining about those numbers can't be trusted.

And if this argument was even logical it'd all be for naught anyway, because Connor Mitch would be our '13 starter from day one.
jcook84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #65
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook84 View Post
The dude's got ~3 games worth of reps this season (117 pass attempts) and over 900 yards with 8 tds. So 12 games at that average and he'd be at ~3700 yards 32 tds and 8 picks...Any Carolina fans that'd be complaining about those numbers can't be trusted.

And if this argument was even logical it'd all be for naught anyway, because Connor Mitch would be our '13 starter from day one.
That's assuming the performance would be the same regardless of the level of competition.

I'm more referring to the 50% completion percentage which would be problematic against solid teams.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #66
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I think if that one Clemson DB is at all capable of hauling in an interception this thread would have never been bumped. Same goes for if our defense was only average. Dylan played well enough to win the game, but it's not like he was lights out.

Remember how Dabo had one good performance against us and Clemson handed him the keys to the program? Do we want to make the same mistake with Dylan Thompson? Yeah he did it against an AQ school, but it was a Clemson team with a depleted defense that was already horrible to start with.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #67
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

STARS DON'T MATTER.

Although we're all made out of star matter.

Wrap your head around that.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #68
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
STARS DON'T MATTER.

IQ +1

JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #69
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
STARS DON'T MATTER.

My head went supernova.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #70
GamecockJames
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockJames has feathers coming inGamecockJames has feathers coming in

Don't be a fool if DT was some hyped up prospect people would be looking at this situation much differently regardless of whom he beat.

I myself don't think DT has an ability problem only a confidence and experience problem. He's much more of a spurrier type qb. The problem is though ppl only want to look at what happened against vandy and what happened against UF and class him that way.

Well does anybody remember what happened when shaw stepped on the field against AU I remember a drive killing int. The point is green qb's make mistakes frequently. If DT got some more starts under his belt and got a bit more decisive in his throws he would be a game changer at qb.
I'm not going to stand up here and run my mouth like that coach from the upstate does" and "I invite you to get your picutre with two trophies up here, one is the Cap. 1 Bowl trophy and the other is the state championship trophy, that trophy is not really a big deal because we win it every year now
GamecockJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #71
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Stars don't mean jack, most of the time.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #72
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
if DT was a 5* QB he'd be a much better QB than he is meow.
You can say cat again!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #73
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I think if that one Clemson DB is at all capable of hauling in an interception this thread would have never been bumped. Same goes for if our defense was only average. Dylan played well enough to win the game, but it's not like he was lights out.

Remember how Dabo had one good performance against us and Clemson handed him the keys to the program? Do we want to make the same mistake with Dylan Thompson? Yeah he did it against an AQ school, but it was a Clemson team with a depleted defense that was already horrible to start with.
Same could be said about Connor shaw and the two picks he threw aganst UGA that were ripped out of defenders hands by our players.
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #74
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Well if he was a 5star then i'm sure a lot of people would have probably labeled him a bust by now, given his inability to beat out a stable of 3star qb's.

Obviously, SOS thought differently of him as a 2star and chose him to come play for the University of South Carolina. For that, I can't thank the ole man enough.

Can we just have more than 1 good, quality quarterback? The team-shaw team-thompson garbage is so annoying. Shaw supporters claim the leadership, toughness through injuries, and amazing USC qb record. Thompson supporters claim the offensive play calling, gunslinger mentality, and physical abilities. Steve Spurrier claims that ya'll can quit b*$#^ing like little girls because he's the big boss dog calling the shots.

I like HBC's call right now.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #75
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTsecSC View Post
Well if he was a 5star then i'm sure a lot of people would have probably labeled him a bust by now, given his inability to beat out a stable of 3star qb's.

Obviously, SOS thought differently of him as a 2star and chose him to come play for the University of South Carolina. For that, I can't thank the ole man enough.

Can we just have more than 1 good, quality quarterback? The team-shaw team-thompson garbage is so annoying. Shaw supporters claim the leadership, toughness through injuries, and amazing USC qb record. Thompson supporters claim the offensive play calling, gunslinger mentality, and physical abilities. Steve Spurrier claims that ya'll can quit b*$#^ing like little girls because he's the big boss dog calling the shots.

I like HBC's call right now.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #76
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think its great to have two proven QBs who can do different things to help the team.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #77
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

the most popular QB on the team...the backup. Connar is a proven winner and leader...Dylan is a proven backup. A win win....Connar has more experience to me it's easy...in saying that...we loose little if Connar can't go. QB is not our problem.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote