CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
elcid99
COCKYTALKIN
Rooster'srule
Master Bedroom
Roosterboy
ertman420
garnet_black215
Clemson Recruiting.. (4892)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (2378)
My predictions for 2 (698)
An Aggies View of th (377)
Good Article on Aubu (316)
Tennessee (301)
SEC Recruiting Advan (286)
Clowney in Practice (223)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (217)
Galaxy vs Seatle (151)
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson Recruiting...how
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Question on Student Secti
Tennessee
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Hello Gamecocks!
My predictions for 2014
Galaxy vs Seatle

Old 12-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chiefs player murder/suicide at Arrowhead

What is the NFL Players' Association's stance on gambling? I guess it is an individuals' perogative if it is legal but seems like this has been mentioned with a couple of the suicides and with a portion of the players who couldn't stay financially solvent. Just wondering.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
At least one of those articles said that the NFL told the panthers to travel as planned. Seems like if this game doesn't have any playoff implications they could just give the Chiefs a week off. I'm sure they need it after something like this. I know they don't want to lose TV money and stuff, but couldn't they just plug a different game into that slot? There's always a few you can't watch.

I agree with not having the Chiefs play this week and I imagine the game will be canceled. If it is not canceled then I believe the NFL would be making a mistake from a decency standpoint, and consequently, a public relations standpoint.

At least move the game to a later week because it could have NFL Draft and contract consequences (players contracts, city/state contracts. media contracts)
Old 12-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
Built Ford Tough
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Built Ford Tough has hatched from the shell

Is there any way the game is going to be played tomorrow?
Built Ford Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
I agree with not having the Chiefs play this week and I imagine the game will be canceled. If it is not canceled then I believe the NFL would be making a mistake from a decency standpoint, and consequently, a public relations standpoint.

At least move the game to a later week because it could have NFL Draft and contract consequences (players contracts, city/state contracts. media contracts)
I think the NFL should let the team decide.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #25
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

I read it was Belchers mother that was there .... Is this wrong

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Ford Tough View Post
Is there any way the game is going to be played tomorrow?
they just said on ESPN that the 1:00 matchup between Carolina and the Chiefs have not been moved or cancelled

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Crazy stuff. Right in front of the coach. Wow.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
Jeff45ACP
I give girls the finger

Male

CockyCash: 6300
Jeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot materialJeff45ACP is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff45ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockyhard View Post
I read it was Belchers mother that was there .... Is this wrong
Correct. At least that's what ESPN said the last I saw. Mygirlfriend commented that at at least the mother was there to take care of the child. I wonder if she was there for this purpose, but not knowing it. IE, he had her there knowing what he planned to do so that his child would be with someone. Just speculation on my part for this sad turn of events.

Last edited by Jeff45ACP; 12-01-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: wording
Jeff45ACP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

what a sick human this guy was....

what a tragedy

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Why is it a "decent" thing to cancel a game on behalf of what a murderer did?

Sure...cancel, delay or reschedule due to investigation, but not because of decency.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #31
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Why is it a "decent" thing to cancel a game on behalf of what a murderer did?

Sure...cancel, delay or reschedule due to investigation, but not because of decency.
Because the Chiefs team just had their teammate shoot himself in front of a number of them at their place of employment? Would be tough to go to work the next day, if you ask me.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #32
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Money magnifies problems
Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #33
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Gives me chills, what a horror story. It's literally like something out of a movie.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

What a piece of shit. If you take your own life that is one thing but to kill the mother of his child and then take the cowards way out is bullshit.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #35
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Feel free to write in the space____the last time the NFL gave up a diime for any reason. Please don't bring up 911, thats different.
uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #36
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
Because the Chiefs team just had their teammate shoot himself in front of a number of them at their place of employment? Would be tough to go to work the next day, if you ask me.
In front of a number of them?

It was two. Coach & GM.

Heaven forbid we cancel a sporting event every time a team experiences a tragedy of any kind.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #37
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Chiefs fan here and this sucks!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #38
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

You play NFL football, drive a Bentley and could have anything you want. I dont understand why or what makes these guys do this. It blows my mind! You have what every guy in the WORLD would die to do!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #39
TheUSCMike
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 4500
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Suicide = a permanent solution to a temporary problem
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #40
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107787138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
What a piece of shit. If you take your own life that is one thing but to kill the mother of his child and then take the cowards way out is bullshit.
My thoughts exactly