CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SwampFox
RGHoskins
FanofCarolina1
Cockdude81sc
JaxcockFL
Tolley
airborne09
Rooster'srule
B-G
kebo_57
Backup QB competitio (1804)
Blake McClain (1422)
What ever happened t (1352)
2014 Preseason USA T (948)
Ranking the SEC Fema (582)
Clowney's Madden Rat (477)
Ebola Outbreak (407)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (352)
Future Non-Conferenc (343)
Daily Dose of Food P (328)
The Biggest Idiots In Bas
Clemson, Auburn home and
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
Blake McClain
New rivalry proposal; &qu
What ever happened to Phi
Green and Lammons
NCAA FB: SEC East Over/Un

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #241
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Gator Bowl Commish says USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
anyone know when we hear for real?
Tonight. 8:30-ish
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #242
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

thanx
Old 12-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #243
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

The teams usually find out around 5-6:00, so expect something shorty after that.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #244
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I was hoping they would already know something, but I guess the bowls really do hold off on any notifications until tonight.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #245
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Twitter will know around 6pm.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #246
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I was hoping they would already know something, but I guess the bowls really do hold off on any notifications until tonight.
Apparently, T&M "opened the bag". They're going to Orlando.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #247
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Gator Vs. Michigan? Man that would be awesome. I would love to see how we line up against them. I have actually liked Michigan for a while and try to follow them some, so it'd be great to see us play them.

GOOOOOO COCKS!!!

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
Old 12-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #248
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I'm not going to get into where I got this or any of that crap, but here is what I have been told, choose to believe it or not, but I can assure you the proposal has been made:

The Gator Bowl has contacted AD Tanner and offered a "package of incentives" to SC to come to the Gator even if they are offended an Outback bid. The Gator Bowl is trying to secure a commitment from Michigan first to ensure a SC/Mich game. Presumably the Gamecocks would have to turn down an Outback bid vs Northwestern for this to happen.

Here is what I do not know:
The incentives, I would assume this would be more fan related incentives, I would not think this would be more money, but who knows. The Gator Bowl does not want Miss St or Vandy. SC is their target.
If it turns out to happen, I am sure this would never be made public.

I am not saying that SC would turn down an Outback bid, just that the offer has been made. The official announcement should come around 6pm, but will likely leak after 5.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #249
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
Gator Vs. Michigan? Man that would be awesome. I would love to see how we line up against them. I have actually liked Michigan for a while and try to follow them some, so it'd be great to see us play them.

GOOOOOO COCKS!!!
I am from Detroit; so yes, I have been waiting on this matchup all my life (well, since we last played them in 1985 I guess)

Invading stores now!!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #250
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I'm not going to get into where I got this or any of that crap, but here is what I have been told, choose to believe it or not, but I can assure you the proposal has been made:

The Gator Bowl has contacted AD Tanner and offered a "package of incentives" to SC to come to the Gator even if they are offended an Outback bid. The Gator Bowl is trying to secure a commitment from Michigan first to ensure a SC/Mich game. Presumably the Gamecocks would have to turn down an Outback bid vs Northwestern for this to happen.

The incentives, I would assume this would be more fan related incentives, I would not think this would be more money, but who knows. The Gator Bowl does not want Miss St or Vandy. SC is their target.

I am not saying that SC would turn down an Outback bid, just that the offer has been made. The official announcement should come around 6pm, but will likely leak after 5.

I was under the impression that once you got a bowl offer it basically was a take it or stay home for the offseason thing.

Never heard of a team declining a bid to go to a different one. If this is the case, consider our bowl affiliations with the Tampa bowl officially severed for a LONG time.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #251
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post

Ray and Harris Pastides didn't know any of this an hour ago....so I'm not sure who your source could be.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #252
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

SI says Gator, so I was definitely wrong thinking Outback.

Question, why is Vandy listed at SEC #5 and we're listed SEC #6?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DtxPryFP
Old 12-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #253
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Question: why would the Outback take NW over Michigan? That makes zero sense
Old 12-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #254
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1TheBeast View Post
I was under the impression that once you got a bowl offer it basically was a take it or stay home for the offseason thing.

Never heard of a team declining a bid to go to a different one. If this is the case, consider our bowl affiliations with the Tampa bowl officially severed for a LONG time.
It's a big gamble to decline a bid...
Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #255
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
SI says Gator, so I was definitely wrong thinking Outback.

Question, why is Vandy listed at SEC #5 and we're listed SEC #6?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DtxPryFP
Those #'s indicate order of selection.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #256
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I don't see how Outback would take NW over Michigan. UM is a big name brand. NW...not so much.

Oh, and the #'s (ex. SEC #3) is not the 4th best SEC team. Its the pick. I think Outback gets either 3 or 4, or the 3rd of 4th pick.

Still think we will celebrate New Years in Tampa.

OH, btw, from twitter (not new news but just to confirm something):

Steve Spurrier says it will be Outback or Gator for the #Gamecocks. No preference. Says Connor Shaw will start at QB.

@gogamecocks
Old 12-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #257
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
They may not, what I said was the Gator is trying to set up a Michigan/SC matchup. NW is a higher ranked team and Big 10 has rules as to their pecking order that apparently the SEC does not.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #258
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I don't think you actually turn down the bowl. You probably work with the league office to try to go where you want, along with the other schools and bowls. If the league says it's going to be Outback...then that's pretty much it.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #259
gamecockthomas
Game MVP

Male

gamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his combgamecockthomas is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
What he said

whenever im down i just always remember it could be worse...i could be a clemson fan
Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #260
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

I hear aTm vs Clemson
Closed Thread