CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
Freshman ND WR " (717)
Call of Duty: Advanc (495)
Good Riddance to bad (410)
Keeping tailgate foo (295)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (260)
An A to Z of Noah We (177)
The Comeback & T (146)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (70)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (68)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (67)
Bashing Players, coaches,
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Rest of the season predic

Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

CockyCash: 915500
AR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot material
Default Going Acoustic: Who likes Folk Rock?

I've gotten more into it the past few months!

My favs are the Lumineers, Mumford & Sons, and I think Phillip Phillips is more folk than anything else..
AR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

AR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Going Acoustic: Who likes Folk Rock?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Big fan of Mumford & Sons. I was concerned of a sophomore slump, but I actually like their new album better than their first.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Big fan of Mumford & Sons. I was concerned of a sophomore slump, but I actually like their new album better than their first.

So do I! Like this song:

Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #6
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

1shot...the best acoustic artist I know of is Dallas green(city and colour). On phone so I can't post videos

My avatar is his album cover from his last album
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #8
uscfan1
Storyteller

Male

uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

On "little hell", his last album, he brought in electric guitars on some songs but you could probably find a few you like from the first two albums. He was of the few people where I like everyone of his songs.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #9
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CockyCash: 1575
CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
1shot...the best acoustic artist I know of is Dallas green(city and colour). On phone so I can't post videos

My avatar is his album cover from his last album
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
On "little hell", his last album, he brought in electric guitars on some songs but you could probably find a few you like from the first two albums. He was of the few people where I like everyone of his songs.

lol, thanks I'll check out Dallas Green!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBand View Post

Nice list...love 'The Head and The Heart' and Jay Farrar is a legitmate legend.

Between his genre defining work in 'Uncle Tupelo'...one of the greatest bands of all time in any genre...and his work with 'Son Volt'...Trace is a masterpiece...you just can't get more real than Farrar.

My only issue with this thread is that I personally have trouble with the title 'folk rock'. And that is only because I don't know who exactly qualifies. There is so much folk in so many other genres of music that when it comes back around it can be just as diverse.

I also really like Mumford and the Avette Brothers are absolutely terrific.

BTW...If the subject is 'Folk Rock' then you have got to add the 'super-group' of folk...'Monsters of Folk'. Jim James from 'My Morning Jacket'...Connor Oberst and Mike Mogus from 'Bright Eyes'...M Ward from 'She and Him' and the great Will Johnson from 'Centro-matic'...terrific band...playing drums.

I'm actually not a big fan of this collective but there is some serious songwriting ability going on in this one.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

I'm old, I tend to go old school.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

CarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot materialCarolinaBand is USC mascot material

Andrew Bird doing a cover of Townes Van Zandt's "If I Needed You". This was recorded just after Superstorm Sandy and there was no studio audience for that Letterman taping.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Quote:
Andrew Bird doing a cover of Townes Van Zandt's "If I Needed You". This was recorded just after Superstorm Sandy and there was no studio audience for that Letterman taping.

She's really good with the guitar
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Warren Freakin' Zevon
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #16
CarolinaBand
MiLB

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
She's really good with the guitar
Her name's Tift Merritt and she's amazing.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Quote:
Her name's Tift Merritt and she's amazing.

Thanks! I gotta check her music out on youtube
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

The Wiyos are my favorite of the genre
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
AR1
Guitar Ghost

Female

Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #20
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Promenade and Yellow Lines are my two favorite songs by them