CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
yazoo
Acockolypse Now
GoldenSpur7
spareparts
IslandCock
BlueHerons
CockyCody
GA_Ag
COCKYTALKIN
The bane of our seas (1602)
OBC banner being add (1511)
Ward wants us to pla (1207)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (1023)
Who scores the first (971)
Davis Playing in A&a (849)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (592)
Come and get your Jo (539)
CFB Playoff Bracket (507)
All garnet for Thurs (486)
Who scores the first touc
***2014 Carolina Panthers
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
I have not bought into ou
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
First action of the new s
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Connor Shaw Browns
Balkman vs. USA

Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #41
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material
Default Re: Will Aaron Murray go pro?

yeah, that the thing of it - If he is short this year, he will just as short next year. Take the money and run.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #42
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

he heard tony dungy say that he would take murray over every qb that will be in the draft. I think dungy said it on the dp show a few weeks ago. of course murray used to pick dungy son up so they could go work on passing drills so i think he is a lot biased.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think the opportunity for Murray to be able to play one year without having nightmares about Clowney will be enough to make him leave early.
To be honest, he has pretty good stats and some NFL team will snap him up. The NFL is littered with crap QBs that had good stats in college and he's a lot better than some of them. He's not studying to be a brain surgeon so he might as well go.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #44
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Weak QB class could help him decide to go.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #45
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
he heard tony dungy say that he would take murray over every qb that will be in the draft. I think dungy said it on the dp show a few weeks ago. of course murray used to pick dungy son up so they could go work on passing drills so i think he is a lot biased.
Yea, I was talking to friends and my parents yesterday asking them if they would take Murray over Barkley or Geno Smith. I just don't see a separation for the best QB in the draft class, too close to decide in my opinion.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #46
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
Murray lacks the height and arm strength to be drafted in the first 3 rounds. His stock likely won't get higher, though, so he could decide to go.

As far as Brice Ramsey goes, he's a prototypical pocket passer (6'3" with a cannon for an arm) but played in a triple option system in high school. Very, very raw and is nowhere near ready to step in and play right away. He needs a lot of work on how to read coverages. If Murray goes Hutson Mason will be the starter for the next two years. He set the Ga HS state record for passing yards but wasn't highly rated; he's looked pretty good in his limited snaps, however.
Pretty sad that you don't know your own players better than that. I will bet anything and everything you wish that Murray will be drafted in the first 3 rounds. Actually, I will take that bet that he will be drafted in the 1st round. I would additionally make a side wager that he would be picked in the top 15.

Murray is a gym/film room rat and has a work ethic 2nd to none. He actually does have a good arm and his heigth won't be an issue at all. Tony Dungey was on the DP show the other day and said that his son played high school ball with Murray in ATL and that he had more confiedence in Murray succeeding than any Qb in recent years. Said that he would take him as the #1 pick if he was running a team in need of a QB.
poppabeary3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #47
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppabeary3 View Post
Pretty sad that you don't know your own players better than that. I will bet anything and everything you wish that Murray will be drafted in the first 3 rounds. Actually, I will take that bet that he will be drafted in the 1st round. I would additionally make a side wager that he would be picked in the top 15.

Murray is a gym/film room rat and has a work ethic 2nd to none. He actually does have a good arm and his heigth won't be an issue at all. Tony Dungey was on the DP show the other day and said that his son played high school ball with Murray in ATL and that he had more confiedence in Murray succeeding than any Qb in recent years. Said that he would take him as the #1 pick if he was running a team in need of a QB.
Well pretty much every single draft analyst disagrees with you. Murray does not have the height or other physical measurables to be drafted in the first three rounds. He will be a mid round draft choice if he is lucky. Why do you think the NFL advisory board came back with a 4th to 6th round grade for him? It is plainly obvious to just about anyone who knows anything about football that the dude is a decent college QB that will be drafted in the mid to late rounds of the draft.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #48
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:

hahah #1 pick? lol you smokin crack?
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #49
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Um, no.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #50
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
hahah #1 pick? lol you smokin crack?
no Tony Dungy is

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #51
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
We lose 9 starters on D and return if Murray comes back 10 on offense. I hope he goes pro to be honest I'm ready to give someone else a shot Mason, LeMay Bauta someone bigger and stronger.
A Dog fan told me Mason was going to be huge. Do you think Murray leaves?
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
A Dog fan told me Mason was going to be huge. Do you think Murray leaves?
I think it's 50/50 right now I wish him well if he does and would be interested in seeing someone new
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
I think it's 50/50 right now I wish him well if he does and would be interested in seeing someone new
i dont blame you , he is a good qb but hasnt done well in big games.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #54
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
i dont blame you , he is a good qb but hasnt done well in big games.
I was trying to not sound like an ass but yea that's part of it
Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Herm Edwards says hes the best QB in the draft this year. or was that Tony Dungey, i get those two mixed up.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #56
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:
I was trying to not sound like an ass but yea that's part of it
He hasn't been clutch in big games but he has put up some good/decent performances against some solid teams. His numbers against LSU last year and Bama this year were pretty good...he just didn't have "that" moment where he leads a clutch drive to win a game. Could've had it last night, pass just got tipped at the line. That SUCKS for the entire Bulldawg Nation and especially for Murray.

The one reason he might come back is that most every SEC passing record would be reasonably within his reach if he played a 4th season.

Hutson Mason is an unknown, plain and simple. He is taller than Murray, has a strong arm, and put up gaudy numbers in HS. It honestly sounds too similar to Joe Cox for me to get all gung-ho on the Mason-train.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #57
Kuhn
Starter

Male

Kuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudlyKuhn is crowing loudly

my best buddy knows his dad. Its a done deal. Murray has already graduated (or will this spring) and will be a !st rounder, imo.
Kuhn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #58
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

aaron murray has the tools to be a starter in the league. and the QB coach there has got some talent with developing QBs. i would draft him over barkley. maybe no geno
Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #59
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
He hasn't been clutch in big games but he has put up some good/decent performances against some solid teams. His numbers against LSU last year and Bama this year were pretty good...he just didn't have "that" moment where he leads a clutch drive to win a game. Could've had it last night, pass just got tipped at the line. That SUCKS for the entire Bulldawg Nation and especially for Murray.

The one reason he might come back is that most every SEC passing record would be reasonably within his reach if he played a 4th season.

Hutson Mason is an unknown, plain and simple. He is taller than Murray, has a strong arm, and put up gaudy numbers in HS. It honestly sounds too similar to Joe Cox for me to get all gung-ho on the Mason-train.
Joe Cox couldn't break single ply toilet paper with a golf ball throwing it so to compare him to Cox isn't fair. I just think like coaches sometime move on it might be better for the team and Murray to more on regardless of who takes his place Ramsey,Bauta,LeMay,Mason or whoever.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #60
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
no Tony Dungy is

he simply looks that way