CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecock88
kevhugh
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
FanofCarolina1
Cocked & Locked
ccured
FeloniousCock
**USC vs. South Alab (14683)
TV?? (1684)
Fly_over tomorrow? (919)
Awful Shooting Conti (762)
Gamecock Men Have Be (635)
This holiday season (229)
Prayers needed!!! (219)
Frank Martin (213)
How about this scena (163)
Predict nonconferenc (124)
Drew Owens missing?
Clemson
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Melvin Gordon - sets all
**USC vs. South Alabama G
FishFry 47-yarder
Na'ty Rogers
Question about after the
Huge recruiting weekend
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 12-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #161
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Clemson GAME Thread**

It's going to take Frank some time to get this group of guy's on the same page. Doesn't happen right away.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #162
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
We have a bad team right now. Maybe it will improve some as the season goes along. But this loss today was really disappointing to me. I'm finding myself already looking toward next year, and wondering how we can open up a scholarship or two for the spring recruting period. I wish all of our players much success in life, but sadly, we need to upgrade some of our talent, and I would not be too disappointed if one or two of our underclassmen decided to pursue opportunities elsewhere. I would love to get the Johnson kid (transfer from Villanova) and a post player.
My sentiments exactly. Frank won't wait long, he'll get a good recruiting class this year and hopefully a couple of them can contribute right away.

Will FM bring in a juco or two?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #163
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I came into this season not even placing any expectations on wins, but looking for development of team-cohesiveness, and intelligent play on the floor at both ends. All the "building block" things that's needed in order to have a solid program, and all the things we've been lacking the past few years. Once we get those, and the team begins to look like a competitive team that at least knows what it's doing, then the talent will come as long as the staff does their jobs recruiting.

This way, I'll be spared the disappointment from the losses we'll have this season. If you think things are bad now, wait until we start playing the conference slate. But IMO expecting too much at this stage is foolhardy.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #164
carolinafan111

Male

CockyCash: 912910367
carolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan111 is USC mascot material

terrible shooting night...

also... really terrible offensive execution. There were to many possessions where we would just pass the ball around 30 feet from the basket.. and then wait until 10 on the play clock to start pushing towards the hoop...

Carerra is scrappy, but he has got to tone it down.... 2 fouls in the first minute and then picked up a 3rd in the first half...

speaking of fouls... THERE WERE 53 FOULS CALLED IN THE GAME. It is like the refs expected people to play flag basketball... basketball is a contact sport, and the refs just killed it today

33 games attended in a row (26-7 in that stretch)
carolinafan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #165
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

I'll go ahead and take the blame for today. It was all my fault. When I finally turned on the game after getting home from Church, we made a run to bring the game within 1 at the half. It was still close when I left to meet Little Man and Grandma for lunch after they were done Christmas shopping. We all know how it ended.

Oh well...
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #166
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I'll go ahead and take the blame for today. It was all my fault. When I finally turned on the game after getting home from Church, we made a run to bring the game within 1 at the half. It was still close when I left to meet Little Man and Grandma for lunch after they were done Christmas shopping. We all know how it ended.

Oh well...
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?!?!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #167
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Thought we needed a little humor around here.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #168
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg77 View Post
Don't worry you won't be last in the SEC we got that you'll be above us.

As Corso says, not so fast my friend. We suck!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #169
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan111 View Post
terrible shooting night...

also... really terrible offensive execution. There were to many possessions where we would just pass the ball around 30 feet from the basket.. and then wait until 10 on the play clock to start pushing towards the hoop...
So we reverted back to Darrin Horn basketball? Damn... I guess it will take a little bit of time to shake off those bad habits.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #170
thumpin big
Starter

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

One bright spot: we are rebounding the ball much better.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #171
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Man...neither team is that good.
Credit clemson...they actually managed to beat us in something (squirrel finds a nut every now and then right)

I'm with some sentiments...I like our players, but there are some who I hope transfer and open up some scholly space...St. Johns showed us just how far behind we are athletically.

Frank will build it...it will just take time...and like he said, he is inheriting players who I think developed a lot of bad habits under Horn...and sadly, one season ain't going to break them.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #172
thumpin big
Starter

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Coach Martin thinks we have the potential to be much better than what we have shown so far. I am always disappointed and pessimistic after a loss. I need to remember that the team is adjusting to a lot of new things, and is trying to get better, and has the potential to be better than what those last two games have shown. I need to give the coaches and the team some time to improve.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #173
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Coach Martin thinks we have the potential to be much better than what we have shown so far. I am always disappointed and pessimistic after a loss. I need to remember that the team is adjusting to a lot of new things, and is trying to get better, and has the potential to be better than what those last two games have shown. I need to give the coaches and the team some time to improve.
I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago.

These guys have only been practicing a couple of months together, maybe they will start showing improvement soon and become a much more competitive team during the SEC slate of the schedule. The SEC seems to be having a down year in basketball. Florida and Bama look to be the best teams at this point. There could be some SEC wins on the table if we do start improving.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote