CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Kyle76
bcolinc
peterlemon
WeStillOwnUSC
The Yancey
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
18IsTheMan
ecugrad
GSC2013
The Demise of the 3- (2080)
Pirate Depth Chart (1244)
East Carolina Predic (1129)
Why didn't Wes Green (1012)
Did we ever go after (516)
You guys are horribl (473)
A&M on 3rd down (355)
It's the offenses no (327)
Finally Cooled Off (311)
louisville (242)
louisville
Carolina opens -15.5
Watching the Georgia game
2014-15 Premier League se
Madden 15 demo?
East Carolina Prediction
Recruiting Question
A&M on 3rd down
Do we have any shot again
The Official USMNT Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2012 Bowl Bids Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
Conference winners have ABSOLUTELY EARNED their spots. You want to play too? Take care of your own business.
As we all know not all conferences are created equal. The B1G is crap, the Big XII is good, the Pac-12, average, Big East is a joke and the ACC is shit. The Top 10 in the BCS deserved a spot in one of the 5 games regardless of championships.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Should be top 10 BCS teams. Conference champions are too often not great teams and their records prove it.
75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
As we all know not all conferences are created equal. The B1G is crap, the Big XII is good, the Pac-12, average, Big East is a joke and the ACC is shit. The Top 10 in the BCS deserved a spot in one of the 5 games regardless of championships.
But if the BCS conferences came together to draft this agreement that conference champions are worthy than who is to say otherwise. Please, start naming sports where conference champions are thrown by the wayside and discarded. Particularly in a unbalanced scheduling situation.

Your opinion is that of SEC is "holier than thou".
Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
But if the BCS conferences came together to draft this agreement that conference champions are worthy than who is to say otherwise. Please, start naming sports where conference champions are thrown by the wayside and discarded. Particularly in a unbalanced scheduling situation.

get a new avatar and then we will listen.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I agree should be top 10, but all the conferences and ND won't agree to it because they all want their BCS money.
And since the NCAA doesn't oversee the national title or bowls, that's not going to happen

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
get a new avatar and then we will listen.
Problems with Michael Myers?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #27
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I agree should be top 10, but all the conferences and ND won't agree to it because they all want their BCS money.
And since the NCAA doesn't oversee the national title or bowls, that's not going to happen
I know, but we can always hope.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #28
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I don't think when they drafted that agreement they foresaw where the college landscape was headed.

I'll name one for you. College football. Obviously the conference champions of MAC, C-USA, WAC, etc, etc, etc have been deemed unworthy of an automatic BCS bid. If we can say their conferences aren't good enough, why is it so ridiculous to also say that the Big Least and ACC are undeserving of an autobid?

It seems the point of the "best" 5 bowls would be to put the best 10 teams against each other. I'll even give a little and say that BCS bowls should have the option to take teams in the top 15 if they win their conference.

Look at it this way. It's entirely possible to win your division and go to the Conference championship game with 5 conference wins. We've done it. What if you lose your other 7 games? You could win your conference and have an automatic bid to a BCS bowl at 6-7 and technically not bowl eligible. That's stupid.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:

You're being naive about the sausage-making process by which we arrived at the current rules.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #30
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

NIU 15th

How the hell did they jump 6 spots.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #31
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

thats utter and total hogwash.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #32
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

#MACtion
Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #33
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Herbie just giving it to the BCS
It's true, one thing if its Utah or TCU teams from the past, but this year really?

#LukeForMod

Old 12-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #34
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

It's national title game will get more views than the 05 game.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #35
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
The dangers of declining a bowl bid: Louisiana Tech said no to the Independence Bowl (because UL-Monroe was already there), isn't invited to any other bowls. 9-3 with the top-ranked offense in the country, not going bowling.
Idiotic. ULM vs. La Tech would've been a HUGE game for that state. It would've been one of the rare sellouts for the Independence Bowl.

I feel sorry for those players.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I honest to God don't see how in the heck NIU jumped six spots.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #37
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3462
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

We really need a play-off format like the FCS schools have. But what would you rather have? A couple of more home games and a national championship, or a nice trip to a game somewhere in Florida? Uga came within 5 yards of riding a weak schedule into a national championship game.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #38
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I honest to God don't see how in the heck NIU jumped six spots.
Good case to abolish human polls
Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #39
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
We really need a play-off format like the FCS schools have. But what would you rather have? A couple of more home games and a national championship, or a nice trip to a game somewhere in Florida?
One more year of the current BCS but the BCS 2.0 is going to get it right. Pure plus one top 4 teams go into a playoff
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #40
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Lou and David going back and forth is pretty funny