CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
jellafever
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
taylorssc
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Interesting quotes from D
Where do you like to sit
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Uniforms for Tenn
Tennessee - South Carolin
Have you ever been so wro
Gamecockology Helms
Official Charlotte Hornet

Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material
Default ViSalus- Opinions

Alright, I've seen this all over Facebook the past month or so, and wanted to post something here about it to gauge opinions about it. If you haven't heard about it, then lucky you, I just want to get a feel of what people that have heard of it think of the business.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: ViSalus- Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Alright, I've seen this all over Facebook the past month or so, and wanted to post something here about it to gauge opinions about it. If you haven't heard about it, then lucky you, I just want to get a feel of what people that have heard of it think of the business.
MLM, most of them turn out to be pyramid schemes

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

It is a pyramid scheme.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
MLM, most of them turn out to be pyramid schemes
that's actually what I suspect as well. I've done a bit of research in the past day or so trying to find some solid evidence about it being a pyramid scheme and I found it, but it also seems that the company tries to dig those negative comments deep.

I found a lawsuit filed almost 3 weeks ago on stanford.edu and it seems pretty legit in the way it lays out the problems with it.

It's been bothering me because there's a lot of people(all women) that have been blowing up facebook about it trying to sell it so that's what got me started.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Two canadian .gov agencys are investigating them, one on deceptive marketing and the other on their health claims

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

yeah..

as for the marketing thing, the lawsuit I skimmed over basically said that a lot of the profit the company is making is from the distributors paying signing fees and paying for training materials so basically most of the profit is from distributors rather than ultimate customers.

What baffles me is how they're able to do it in such broad daylight..
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

people are stupid

Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

that is true....

I just feel like there are people being taken advantage of, I guess. Obviously they should research stuff and make their decision but it looks like the company has basically run a major propaganda operation keeping the facts hidden and pretty hard to find.

Something I found.. strange, was that if you type in on youtube "ViSalus scam" it's multiple people that are essentially saying the same thing.. as if it's supposed to be a private/independent youtube review that's scripted as propaganda and most of the people end up either being affiliated with ViSalus or with a marketing agency.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #9
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I get hit up by a Vi rep every other week at my place. Not a fan. MLM aside, its junk.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote