CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4297)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2431)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (883)
US Air nsfw tweet (717)
I like how Frank sou (642)
boiled peanuts (491)
Ahh...The Masters (484)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (444)
Tax day freebies (441)
Connor Mitch
Last 5 years in the SEC
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #
Hillsborough

Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #21
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USC4life15 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: UM vs USC, Matchup by the numbers

Nothing but respect for Michigan's program and their fan base. One of my good friends is a Michigan friend, and he's been nothing but classy about the game. He even roots for the Gamecocks just because he knows I am a fan. So happy we are playing them, and envision this game being a high teens, low 20s type game. Michigan barely lost at ND while Denard Robinson threw 5 picks, and many believe they win that game if Gardner was at QB. They led OSU at half, and had many chances in the 2nd half, but the offense couldn't get it going. They just don't seem like the kind of team that gets blown out. I expect this to be one of the better, more competitive games of the bowl season. So happy it's Michigan and not Northwestern, no offense to them.
USC4life15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
Our biggest weakness on offense is our O Line, and your D Line scares the bejeesus out of us.

Otherwise, I think the position matchups are pretty even.

I think we consider it a winnable game (hell, we took ND and OSU to the wire on the road), but I don't really hear anyone EXPECTING to win, especially after our last two outings with the SEC (Miss St in '10 and Bama this year)
should be a fun game to watch and a win against UM will be awesome if we can do it.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #23
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I expect a lower scoring game too...maybe 24-17 kinda game... Really looking forward to playing a historical program like Michigan...
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #24
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I don't care who we play as long as we win.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #25
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Mich doesn't seem to have big RBs like LSU. We've done well stopping the smaller/faster guys...it's the bruisers that have beat us.
We'll have to adjust fast...certainly they'll have something to counter what we do on defense.
And if Connor's healthy, see if the zone-read is open.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #26
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Probably the biggest-sized O and D line's we'll play against. Freakin' Huge!
This is far from 1 of our better O-Lines here at Michigan. The only plus is our best lineman is our left-tackle...so at least he should be matched up with Clowney often. Nonetheless, I expect Clowney to have a big day....just have to limit the damage.
We have a couple big boys at defensive tackle, but they're nowhere as athletic as you guys are used to seeing like shariff floyd....Montgomery...etc.
While your offense doesn't scare me....when Shaw is having a good day he's very dangerous with his arm for big plays & his feet to keep drives alive. My biggest worry is your defense or special teams putting points on the board. Our D & Special teams haven't been able to do that & yours has....so I see that as a huge advantage for SC.
Everybody up here in Michigan knew coming in no matter who we faced from the SEC that it will be a tough road to hoe......but I for 1 look forward to the challenge greatly. We're hopeful that our offensive stars Denard Robinson & Devin Gardner have big days. Otherwise, we'll get blown out.
Spurrier is my favorite non-Michigan coach of all-time from back in the Gator days coming forward & I've appreciated the progress your program has been making. I got to come to Williams-Brice for the Bama game in '09 & had a blast. That game in my mind put you guys in the Big-Boy category in the SEC. It's just a matter of time before you break through & get that SEC title (Now that Georgia's cupcake schedule comes to an end).
A shame what happened to Lattimore......dude WOULD have had a big game vs. us....I'm sure of it. Best of Luck!

Go Blue!!
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
Blanco Niño
Banned

Male

Blanco Niño has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCorona View Post
This is far from 1 of our better O-Lines here at Michigan. The only plus is our best lineman is our left-tackle...so at least he should be matched up with Clowney often. Nonetheless, I expect Clowney to have a big day....just have to limit the damage.
We have a couple big boys at defensive tackle, but they're nowhere as athletic as you guys are used to seeing like shariff floyd....Montgomery...etc.
While your offense doesn't scare me....when Shaw is having a good day he's very dangerous with his arm for big plays & his feet to keep drives alive. My biggest worry is your defense or special teams putting points on the board. Our D & Special teams haven't been able to do that & yours has....so I see that as a huge advantage for SC.
Everybody up here in Michigan knew coming in no matter who we faced from the SEC that it will be a tough road to hoe......but I for 1 look forward to the challenge greatly. We're hopeful that our offensive stars Denard Robinson & Devin Gardner have big days. Otherwise, we'll get blown out.
Spurrier is my favorite non-Michigan coach of all-time from back in the Gator days coming forward & I've appreciated the progress your program has been making. I got to come to Williams-Brice for the Bama game in '09 & had a blast. That game in my mind put you guys in the Big-Boy category in the SEC. It's just a matter of time before you break through & get that SEC title (Now that Georgia's cupcake schedule comes to an end).
A shame what happened to Lattimore......dude WOULD have had a big game vs. us....I'm sure of it. Best of Luck!

Go Blue!!
Classy post. Your LT (Lewan) I believe is projected to be a 1st rounder; that will be a fun matchup to watch whether he's on Clowney or Devin Taylor, our 6'8" DE on the other side of the line. We also bring in another DE on 3rd and longs (Chaz Sutton) and move Clowney to the inside. Our "rabbit package".
Blanco Niño is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
OfficeLinebackerCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1230
OfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudlyOfficeLinebackerCock is crowing loudly

I hope our guys realize what a tremendous opportunity this is. Michigan is one of the true "STORIED" football programs and beating them would really mean something. The only team I would rather be facing is Notre Dame but in my mind this is right up there.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Welcome aboard MGoBlue and DrCorona.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #30
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 4200
2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons2four2Gamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCorona View Post

Go Blue!!
Row to hoe, not "road". Do you think we are hoeing our roads down here....LOL

Adam Patterson is gone, right? I remember when you guys swept in and got Big AP.

Best of luck. Carolina Vs. Michigan hell of a matchup!
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #31
bcgibson75
Banned

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Michigan has some current SC ties in their program -

CB J.T. Floyd - Greenville, SC (JL Mann HS)

DT Quinton Washington - St. Stephens, SC (Timberland)

and many of us on CockyTalk remember Lloyd Carr coming down to SC recruiting Adam Patterson in '06 and Junior Hemingway in '07 up to Ann Arbor.

Bet James Seewright and former players from the 1985 Carolina team will have some interest in this game.

Looking forward to seeing in play out on New Years.

GO COCKS!!!
bcgibson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #32
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Welcome aboard MGoBlue and DrCorona.
Glad to have you both on Cocktalk! Your analysis has been very interesting to read. Anyone who follows CFB knows of the skill players you guys have (sorry to see Toussiant go down!) and we need to account for them or a big play will result. I happen to pull for the Wolverines after the Gamecocks as I was born in Pontiac! Can't wait for the game. Good luck!
catdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #33
BlueInTheFace
Walk On

Male

BlueInTheFace has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Mich doesn't seem to have big RBs like LSU. We've done well stopping the smaller/faster guys...it's the bruisers that have beat us.
We'll have to adjust fast...certainly they'll have something to counter what we do on defense.
And if Connor's healthy, see if the zone-read is open.
We are so bad at RB. As I'm sure you've read, our starting TB when down with a broken leg a few weeks ago and even he was having an off year.

It really comes down to our Oline, which is not nearly as good as some of you are giving it credit for. They can create no push and are lucky to have Denard back there because he can make plays behind anybody's offensive line.

Look for Drob to be our main running option. This got us in trouble against O$U, however, because our offensive coordinator inexplicably would send Denard out for a running play and Devin Gardner out there for a pass play. Needless to say, it didn't take long for Ohio to figure that out.

I think if Borges calls a good game, this game should be extremely competitive, if not, it's going to be frustrating from a Michigan fan's perspective.
BlueInTheFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #34
]\/[GoBlue
Walk On

Male

]\/[GoBlue has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueInTheFace View Post
We are so bad at RB. As I'm sure you've read, our starting TB when down with a broken leg a few weeks ago and even he was having an off year.

It really comes down to our Oline, which is not nearly as good as some of you are giving it credit for. They can create no push and are lucky to have Denard back there because he can make plays behind anybody's offensive line.

Look for Drob to be our main running option. This got us in trouble against O$U, however, because our offensive coordinator inexplicably would send Denard out for a running play and Devin Gardner out there for a pass play. Needless to say, it didn't take long for Ohio to figure that out.

I think if Borges calls a good game, this game should be extremely competitive, if not, it's going to be frustrating from a Michigan fan's perspective.
It's really more of M's interior line that just doesn't seem to get the job done. If Borges thinks that we can run up the middle on SC then we're doomed.
]\/[GoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #35
codyyblake
Full Scholarship

Male

CockyCash: 200
codyyblake has hatched from the shell

http://statmilk.com/NCAAF/MatchUp/648/418/?

This is a pretty good visual stat website. You can compare any 2 FBS teams pretty easily.
codyyblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #36
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

I bet those are the best special teams numbers we've had in years

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #37
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

^For Punt Returns I believe so. However for Kickoff Returns and Punting we've had MUCH better, even since Spurrier has been here.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM   #38
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I'm confused. I thought Ole Miss was UM?

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote