CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
taylorssc
Travelin
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (3170)
SEC QB's in the Red (1009)
Little know stat (We (1005)
Where do you like to (585)
We're going to the N (547)
Interesting quotes f (448)
Have you ever been s (418)
Amelia Earhart Plane (381)
Tennessee Offense Br (335)
This season and recr (260)
Interesting quotes from D
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
DJ Smith
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Have you ever been so wro
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Tennessee - South Carolin
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb
Default Spurrier contract extension

Steve Spurrier is receiving a 2 year contract extension today and will now be here through 2017.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier contract extension

Well deserved.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

good
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

That keeps him signed for the next 5 seasons. He needs to be signed at least 4 years into the future for recruiting purposes. It's just a formality.

I hope he does stay 5 more seasons though. I think he may if Mitch redshirts next season. It would allow him to finish his career with hopefully the kind of quarterback he's been looking for since he arrived.
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
jphillipslive
Walk On

Male

jphillipslive has hatched from the shell

I thought I read somewhere Spurrier told Mitch if he came to SC he would be his coach until Mitch left. I could be imagining this though.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
jphillipslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
jared
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 14402
jared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his combjared is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillipslive View Post
I thought I read somewhere Spurrier told Mitch if he came to SC he would be his coach until Mitch left. I could be imagining this though.

I never actually saw where Spurrier said that but I do think he did. It's been said many times.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillipslive View Post

Mitch said it in one of his interviews.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Then I guess the numbers at up correctly.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

raise to 4 million will come next year after we go to a bcs bowl.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Helps recruiting too.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
DiamondGamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
DiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spursDiamondGamecock has earned his spurs

Wow so he is going to end up coaching here longer than he did at Florida? nice
DiamondGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Spurrier wins an SEC and/or BCS Championship...

he retires and rides off into the sunset...can't do much more than that, imo

whether that happens in 2013 or beyond...well, time will tell

GO COCKS!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

sparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurs

Bad news for Clemson.
sparklecityspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

As mentioned this is just for recruiting purposes. As much as I'd love it to happen. I just don't see him being here for 5 more years ... because we'll win the SEC before then and that's his goal.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Hope Dabo gets another extension. 5 more years of tater whippin'!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Dabo and company just shed a little tear...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
As mentioned this is just for recruiting purposes. As much as I'd love it to happen. I just don't see him being here for 5 more years ... because we'll win the SEC before then and that's his goal.
true but i cant see him walking away from a team that can compete for a NC, unless we go into a NCG and then lose
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

they will keep extending his contract and when he want to leave he will
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #19
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Just one? The only thing better than a crawfish dinner is five crawfish dinners. the bear is going down. I've got more gray hair than spurrier does, must be the busch light.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist

Male

A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Just one? The only thing better than a crawfish dinner is five crawfish dinners.

Spurrier is young at heart. As long as we are winning 11 a year, it will keep him young in body as well. He seems like he's having a good time right now.
A-Cluckwork-Orange is offline   Reply With Quote