CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
WeStillOwnUSC
Gamecocks1137
MountainCock
El Cid Ranger
thekob
kingoftheroost
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
Regalcock
Skai Moore out for U (1098)
Troubles in Tigertow (795)
TN game weather (789)
Lebron makes Clevela (693)
Who is your favorite (645)
Cockaboose Video (478)
Marvel releases movi (319)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (295)
FSU vs. Louisville (227)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ S (191)
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron makes Cleveland re
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
2016 - Kyran Bowman - Nor
Who is your favorite play
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers

View Poll Results: Which bowl game should I go to (keep in mind match up and location)?
Jan 1 Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs Stanford (Pasadena) 8 11.43%
Jan 3 Fiesta Bowl - Kansas St vs Oregon (Glendale) 49 70.00%
Jan 1 Capital One - Nebraska vs Georgia (Orlando) 1 1.43%
Dec 31 Music City - NC State vs Vanderbilt (Nashville) 1 1.43%
Dec 31 Chik Fil A - Clemson vs LSU (Atlanta) 8 11.43%
Dec 29 Pinstripe - West Virginia vs Syracuse 0 0%
Dec 29 Kraft Fight Hunger - Arizona State vs Navy (San Francisco) 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Please help me pick a bowl game

This year, I have to pick a bowl game to cover for Expedia. I've done 7 games this year so far and have one more to end the season. The real key for me is getting the time off work for one of these games. However, would you vote for which one of these you would go to?

Please keep in mind the game AND the location. Also, if you are on Twitter would you tweet your suggestion to me @budgettravelsac with the tag #ExpediaCFB? Would really appreciate any tweets for this so Expedia would know.

Here are the games. I would like to do the Outback but leaving that one out because everyone would pick that. If I can't go to the Outback, which one of these should I do?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Cockyhard
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his combCockyhard is developing his comb
Default Re: Please help me pick a bowl game

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
This year, I have to pick a bowl game to cover for Expedia. I've done 7 games this year so far and have one more to end the season. The real key for me is getting the time off work for one of these games. However, would you vote for which one of these you would go to?

Please keep in mind the game AND the location. Also, if you are on Twitter would you tweet your suggestion to me @budgettravelsac with the tag #ExpediaCFB? Would really appreciate any tweets for this so Expedia would know.

Here are the games. I would like to do the Outback but leaving that one out because everyone would pick that. If I can't go to the Outback, which one of these should I do?
Damn I voted too quickly... didnt notice the oregon and K state game...do that... you can watch clemsons beat down on TV

Is football season here yet???
Cockyhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I'd go to Glendale
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Go to the Fiesta Bowl. I bet it's cool seeing Oregon live, plus it's in a good location. That or the Chick fil a bowl to see Clemmy get hammered.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Fiesta, no question about it. That will be a good game.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Pinstripe bowl!!
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

My vote is for the Fiesta. Those teams, that stadium...hard to say no. Tweeted you, as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Pinstripe bowl!!
I have to admit this one has been tempting. Match up is decent but I would probably end up staying New Year's Eve in NYC. That would be awesome!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
My vote is for the Fiesta. Those teams, that stadium...hard to say no. Tweeted you, as well.
Thanks! I tweeted you back. Really appreciate the vote and tweet.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Go to the Fiesta Bowl. I bet it's cool seeing Oregon live, plus it's in a good location. That or the Chick fil a bowl to see Clemmy get hammered.
I like the Fiesta as well. Biggest question with that one was that I saw Oregon play to end the season (I was in Corvallis for the game against Oregon State). Then I would end up watching them again in the Fiesta. Great match up though!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

I'd want to go to a game with an SEC team participating, but you might not care about that as much.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I'd want to go to a game with an SEC team participating, but you might not care about that as much.
This year I went to 7 games and saw teams from the SEC, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, Mountain West, and Independent play. For me, it's about a good game and location.

Honestly, the biggest factor may be what days I can get off for travel.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Fiesta hands down.

Rose second just because of the experience and stuff leading to it, the game itself won't be as good.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

In terms of bowl atmosphere, the Chick should be near the top. I think it would be a fun one to attend.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
JQ94
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

I think NC ST vs vandy will be entertaining.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Fiesta hands down.

Rose second just because of the experience and stuff leading to it, the game itself won't be as good.
I think the Rose Bowl could be a really good game. I think Wisconsin and Stanford match up well in terms of style. It won't be a high scoring slugfest but it will be some hard hitting football.

I've been in LA on New Year's. Man, the weather there is awesome!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Since you're already in California, SF would be good.....bring your checkbook.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Since you're already in California, SF would be good.....bring your checkbook.
I've been to San Francisco more times than I can count. I live 100 miles from there. I'll go there if I have to (basically I can't get the time off to go anywhere else) but I prefer other locations. I can go to SF any time.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Oregon/K-State..
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

of the ones not on the list I think the Cotton will be a good one
talon is offline   Reply With Quote