CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
usc1
ertman420
robgusc76
b381l
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2001 vs Sandstorm
Dabo confused about who w
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #201
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gruden offered by Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Confirmed that Mike Gundy has interviewed with UT...

Not a bad coach... at all.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #202
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I just dont see Gundy in the SEC...It just dont seem to be a good fit to me...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #203
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Probably using them for a raise to punish AD for being tough on extension a year ago. OSU is his alma mater, I would be surprised to see him go.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #204
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Charlie Strong is the only one of those three I see as likely to take the job if offered and even then, I like their AD alot in a fight to keep him and he has said he would make him the highest paid coach in america if needed. UT might be gettting used again. IMOP after gruden told them to stuff it, they should have dropped down a tier don't get spurned by multiple guys like you did last time. You might end up with Sonny Dykes.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #205
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Charlie Strong is saying vehemently that he is staying in Louisville

Gundy is not a bad coach, if you can get him you should.... but I don't see him leaving his Alma mater
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #206
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I still think Petrino is UT and AllBarns #1 targe...If he isnt they are stupid...Yea he screwed up with the motorcycle girl but he is clean with the NCAA and can coach his ass off....
I do think however, the way he left Louisville and ATL is hurting him more than his motorcycle mishap...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #207
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Interesting....

Quote:
Arkansas - Sources tell us that The Hogs have been turned down by James Franklin, Gary Patterson, Les Miles, Chris Petersen and it's not looking good on Mike Gundy either. Patterson, Petersen or Gundy could reconsider, but as of now, it looks like Art Briles is next in line.
http://247sports.com/Board/59457/Mon...-Mill-14613169
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #208
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
I still think Petrino is UT and AllBarns #1 targe...If he isnt they are stupid...Yea he screwed up with the motorcycle girl but he is clean with the NCAA and can coach his ass off....
I do think however, the way he left Louisville and ATL is hurting him more than his motorcycle mishap...
I agree....Petrino lands at one or the other. And Butch Davis at the other.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #209
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I agree....Petrino lands at one or the other. And Butch Davis at the other.
...I just dont think any of the big time schools letting Davis in the door......Every place that Butch has gone has had marginal success and have been put on probation....Of course he had the Black Santa traveling with him at those times so......
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #210
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
...I just dont think any of the big time schools letting Davis in the door......Every place that Butch has gone has had marginal success and have been put on probation....Of course he had the Black Santa traveling with him at those times so......
But he wins. Which is why Petrino is going to coach again.

Last edited by usc90grad; 12-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
usc90grad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #211
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
But he wins. Which is always why Petrino is going to coach again.
...Ehh...In my bood grad he wins a little bit....He never got over the hump at unc and he took Miami to lower levels in my opinion...BTW...how many years did he coach at Miami...??
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #212
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Petrino has to rehab himself at a smaller school first imop. If you hire a coach and he loses, then ok, stuff happens. If you hire a coach and he gets you sued for sexual harrassment and/or embarasses the president and board of trustees/state, your career as an AD is over.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #213
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

From what our Rivals Mod is saying, Charlie Strong is fighting hard for this job, so I doubt we get below him.

He helped himself a lot in the interview and I think it is a tight race between him and Gundy.

I think Fisher has decided to stay at FSU, that interview doesn't look like it will happen.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #214
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

I for one would like to just go ahead and hire Charlie Strong and let him get to recruiting. He could do well at TN imo if he hired a great offensive coordinator.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #215
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

That's what they should do, if they can. It will mean more for Louisville to keep him than most other programs because they're moving into a new conference, they won't want to get big-leagued.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #216
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

Strong keeps vehemently stating that he is staying at Louisville which is about to move up to an AQ conference, although the EZZ is not betteri n ffotball than the Big lEast. Unless Gundy is getting negative pressure for a "down" season, I doubt that he leaves his Alma Mater for the Viles.

The problem with Petrino is his very negative perception, especially with parents (moms) of recruits. He will screw up again and no program wants to be his employer when he pulls another career "face plant."
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #217
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

RoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spursRoyalAir has earned his spurs

I'll be shocked if Mike Gundy is seriously entertaining leaving a job at his alma mater in OSU with plenty of money and resources for that gig in Knoxville. He's a lot farther away from Texas if he leaves Stillwater...
RoyalAir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #218
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
From what our Rivals Mod is saying, Charlie Strong is fighting hard for this job, so I doubt we get below him.

He helped himself a lot in the interview and I think it is a tight race between him and Gundy.

I think Fisher has decided to stay at FSU, that interview doesn't look like it will happen.
Would you be happy with Strong? I'm still on the fence. I think UT can do better since you have the money to throw around.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #219
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

WOW...Dan Reaves interviewing tomorrow...??
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #220
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

Quote:
WOW...Dan Reaves interviewing tomorrow...??
No way