CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Order 66
Ahmad
wumarshall82
b381l
uscsandstorm85
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
I Was Dealing With The Lo
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit
Just my 2 Cents
Connor Mitch
Gamecock cheerleader with

Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #121
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official USC vs. Michigan in Outback Bowl Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
From looking at their message board, they're violently underrating our team; looking at the name of the school and the tradition associated with it, and not at the players and coaching staff currently assembled. Can't necessarily blame them for that, though, as we (as fans) would have done the same thing with Northwestern. If they honestly believe that we are a full step behind Bama, UGA, UF, LSU, and aTm, that's on them. I think the BCS Six this season proved that they're all pretty much even with each other, and a few plays here or there would've resulted in a different outcome. Only our games vs UGA (we blew them out) and UF (they blew us out) were lopsided; every other game between the Six was within a touchdown.

But hey, that's fine. I think that USC will shut down Michigan, and that they'll have significant difficulty scoring more than 14 points on offense. I also think that Davis/Miles and Shaw will have success running in open space, and that we'll take our shots downfield. I see this looking a lot like the Nebraska game last year, where it was close at half, but our club comes out and takes firm control in the third.

Reminds me of Ohio State's fanbase when we talked to them before the Outback Bowl... Its all good, we dont have the history they do (Hell, very few teams do)... let them underestimate us.... wont be the first time..
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #122
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
From looking at their message board, they're violently underrating our team; looking at the name of the school and the tradition associated with it, and not at the players and coaching staff currently assembled. Can't necessarily blame them for that, though, as we (as fans) would have done the same thing with Northwestern. If they honestly believe that we are a full step behind Bama, UGA, UF, LSU, and aTm, that's on them. I think the BCS Six this season proved that they're all pretty much even with each other, and a few plays here or there would've resulted in a different outcome. Only our games vs UGA (we blew them out) and UF (they blew us out) were lopsided; every other game between the Six was within a touchdown.

But hey, that's fine. I think that USC will shut down Michigan, and that they'll have significant difficulty scoring more than 14 points on offense. I also think that Davis/Miles and Shaw will have success running in open space, and that we'll take our shots downfield. I see this looking a lot like the Nebraska game last year, where it was close at half, but our club comes out and takes firm control in the third.
Upon further review, I think you'll find many message board posts fearing your defense in a big way & figure we need a premium effort in order to win. Unfortunately, you also find a-hole douchebags who know nothing of Football & just enjoy saying "Beat the F__k out of fill in the blank". For that, I apoligize.

Check out thewolverine.com which is the rivals website for M football.
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #123
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

^Checked out the free football messageboard on thewolverine.com... this is one of the first posts:

247Tiger
Post #1
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Clemson fan here..ReplyHey Michigan! Just wanted you to know we will be pulling for Michigan in the bowl game. This is a big game for USCjr. I mean them just getting to a bowl, is so big for them because they are such a midget in a big boy conference. Michigan is a national brand and USCjr...well they the completely opposite, and they might go to your board and talk junk, but just ignore them, they are mad because they are the 2nd tier team in their state...Clemson leads series 65-41 against USCjr...anyways good luck! GO Michigan!
12/3 1:10 PM | IP: Logged
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #124
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
^Checked out the free football messageboard on thewolverine.com... this is one of the first posts:

247Tiger
Post #1
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Clemson fan here..ReplyHey Michigan! Just wanted you to know we will be pulling for Michigan in the bowl game. This is a big game for USCjr. I mean them just getting to a bowl, is so big for them because they are such a midget in a big boy conference. Michigan is a national brand and USCjr...well they the completely opposite, and they might go to your board and talk junk, but just ignore them, they are mad because they are the 2nd tier team in their state...Clemson leads series 65-41 against USCjr...anyways good luck! GO Michigan!
12/3 1:10 PM | IP: Logged

Facepalm

Somehow I think Michigan fans are savvy enough to understand when they're being trolled by uneducated pawprint jackasses in Sean John oversize white tshirts and orange zubaz pants driving their Celicas to the Pickens Health Clinic to have something "checked out"

BTW, notice how many Ohio State fans have showed up to give us an earful about how sucky Michigan is? Zero.

(This is of course due to the fact that, being from Ohio, they are already en route to Myrtle Beach with a cooler full of Alpo-pups on a stick and sauerkraut balls ready for some beach tanning action on those pasty white thighs)
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #125
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Facepalm

Somehow I think Michigan fans are savvy enough to understand when they're being trolled by uneducated pawprint jackasses in Sean John oversize white tshirts and orange zubaz pants driving their Celicas to the Pickens Health Clinic to have something "checked out"

BTW, notice how many Ohio State fans have showed up to give us an earful about how sucky Michigan is? Zero.

(This is of course due to the fact that, being from Ohio, they are already en route to Myrtle Beach with a cooler full of Alpo-pups on a stick and sauerkraut balls ready for some beach tanning action on those pasty white thighs)
....Damn.....you driving on HWY 501..??
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #126
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCorona View Post
Upon further review, I think you'll find many message board posts fearing your defense in a big way & figure we need a premium effort in order to win. Unfortunately, you also find a-hole douchebags who know nothing of Football & just enjoy saying "Beat the F__k out of fill in the blank". For that, I apoligize.

Check out thewolverine.com which is the rivals website for M football.
Oh sure, I've seen some guys who have said that they live in the Southeast and had actually seen Carolina play, and that it was going to require a great gameplan, etc. But I suppose I took umbrage with the ones that try to argue that we're at the basement of our conference, or that we're not a legitimate threat to win, etc. Every fanbase has their jackasses, to be sure.

At any rate, best of luck to you in terms of staying healthy, safe travels, and the like. But I hope USC scores win No. 11 at your expense. I've never had any issue with Michigan fans, and usually prefer you to your Ohio State blowhard counterparts.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #127
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Sh!T im not going to lie we have struggled against running QB's in the past. This game has got me worried. I hope that Big 10 football is down and our D line makes them look like clemtech but who knows. Just hope Spurrier can figure out a game plan to beat these guys because i hate michigan with a passion.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #128
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

Teams with long histories of success will always feel like they should beat us. Like Nebraska last year and when we played Ohio St. This goes for the teams we play every year as well. I think that our Dline is the key to this game as it was against Clemson. We will not be a juggernaut against them but we should score enough to pull away a little at the end.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #129
Jubjub Bird
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 400
Jubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
Sh!T im not going to lie we have struggled against running QB's in the past.

Whammy has had terrific schemes all year. I like our D's chances with a month to game plan.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #130
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

like martinez from nebraska
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #131
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

They will be lucky to fair any better than Nebraska last year

(BTW that Neb team was better than this Mich team, and we are better than last year.. FWIW)

Our defense is on par if not better than Bammers (we shut down Ugay, Fla had like 100 yards total, etc.. Clemson is not very good so I won't mention that slaughter) when JD is healthy

I don't see them getting more than a TD and a FG.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #132
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Well, Denard quit against Alabama. They hit him in the mouth a few times and he folded up.

You can't judge a team by the first game of the season, but I like our chances.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #133
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

I'm very excited about this matchup.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #134
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

DJ Swag gonna blast Shoelace if he gets the chance!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #135
Token Michigan Fan
Walk On

Male

Token Michigan Fan has hatched from the shell

Hey guys. Just checking in to add my two cents and hopefully learn more about our opponent.

For Michigan, the big question is whether or not Denard will play QB. His injury prevented him from being able to throw and led to Devin Gardner stepping up. Gardner was a highly rated recruit who has sat behind Denard for years and actually started the season at receiver. Gardner is very fast and has better arm strength than Denard. That's not to say Denard has a poor arm, as is sometimes perceived. His decision making with the ball leads to more interceptions than lack of arm.

The offensive line features Taylor Lewan at left tackle. He isn't Jake Long but he is still probably the best Tackle Clowney has faced all year. Our interior line is poor and Schofield isn't that great either. A lot of the problems with our running game can be attributed to the line issues. That said, no running back stands out. Fitzgerald Toussaint had a breakout season last year but struggled before a gruesome injury ended his season a few weeks ago. Vincent Smith is a diminutive senior who excels at pass blocking and is a good receiver but isn't a feature back. If Denard and Devin actually play at the same time, Robinson could solve the RB issue.

Unfortunately, Al Borges is our offensive coordinator. Borges is not a natural spread guy so for two years it has been tough for him to work a gameplan around a talent like Denard. In the Ohio State game, we were shutout in the second half after his playcalling was exposed. Whenever Denard came in, we ran the ball. When Devin came in, we threw it. Those guys never played at the same time and Ohio State figured it out.

Michigan's receiving core is not very good. There is a reason that our backup QB moved out to WR at the beginning of the season. Roundtree, Gallon and Dileo are good secondary receivers but we lack the gamebreaker that Manningham, Edwards, Terrell, etc were.

The pass defense is ranked number one, but that's a flawed stat. Our best corner went down for the year in the Alabama game. JT Floyd is solid and former walk-on Jordan Kovacs is a beast at safety but good offenses can pass on us. The star of the defense is Jake Ryan, who is only a sophomore. Here is a nice gif of him.

Long version: Defense is good but not great, Offense can be great if Borges utilizes personnel properly but since he probably won't it will be just decent.

I'd say South Carolina is the favorite by 3-5 points.
Token Michigan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #136
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Michigan fans are class. I've spent some great weeks in Ann Arbor.

Michigan has an excellent pass defense. They have a very good o-line. This will be a tough game.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #137
Token Michigan Fan
Walk On

Male

Token Michigan Fan has hatched from the shell

I'll also point out that our losses are to 1-2-3 in the AP poll and then to Nebraska where Denard got hurt and Gardner stayed at WR so Bellomy played QB.
Token Michigan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #138
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Against Minnesota though. lol
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #139
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'll point out that our losses were to LSU and Florida on the road and let you draw your own conclusions from that.

From your GIF I'd say we'd better block Jake Mother****ing Ryan with someone other than a QB.

Should be a very, very physical game.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #140
braddydee
Recruit

Male

braddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his clawsbraddydee is sharpening his claws

I say we join the Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State band wagon and get the Jewelry Warehouse to print up Black & Garnet versions of the "Muck Fichigan" tee shirts!

"So, when we come out of Atlanta huggin' and high 5'n... that's when you'll know we've hit the promised land!" -Coach Spurrier
braddydee is offline   Reply With Quote