CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
b381l
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
uniforms saturday (2439)
Auburn looks beatabl (2201)
Vandy Fans (1583)
Three young corners (819)
King - South Carolin (679)
**official Vandy pre (676)
Watch ESPN3 regional (672)
Cardinal's Jonathan (573)
No Vandy Predictions (359)
tailgating canopy on (340)
**official Vandy predicti
ESPN reporter adding to t
The SEC East schedule fro
2015 Commitment - Arden K
No Vandy Predictions Thre
King - South Carolina vs
Three young corners progr
Next years RB situation
Gamecocks Traveling to Au
2015 Commitment - Mon Den

Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #41
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit
Default Re: Williams to A&M

If I was a receiver trying to make a name for myself with what I saw this year, I would have to seriously consider TAMU.

TAMU is going to be a serious player in the SEC for many years to come and I'm pretty sure we will all be cussing them shortly.
Emery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockaThaWalk View Post
3 yrs with Johnny Football....That's a pretty obvious decision.

What? disagree. It's not like a top tier DE wanting to come here and learn from JD.. What can Jaquan learn from Manziel? Manziel is a spread QB in a spread system that has produced many crazy # QB's, who all flounder in the NFL. Manziel doesn't seem to have extemely high QB IQ either, he seems to make plays by scrambling around and insinct.. I don't see him reading through progressions/stepping up in the pocket often. Is Manziel the type of QB that will help Jaquan be an NFL pick? Unless they have 3 1,000 yard WR's I don't see it. Mike Evans and Derrick Griffin both >> Jaquan (both 3 inches taller too), and A&M has never been a "football factory", especially in terms of WRs.

It makes zero sense for this young man, I could completely understand if Manziel had all senior WRs and none coming back, but he already has great chemistry with Evans etc and Griffin will be featured heavily. Where is the PT for Williams? Can't wait to stomp them.. Clowney will introduce himself to Manziel and show him what a true elite talent looks like.

Also, I highly doubt Johnny football stays 3 more years, unless he has no NFL potential (in which case, he is another overrated college system QB)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #43
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
If I was a receiver trying to make a name for myself with what I saw this year, I would have to seriously consider TAMU.

TAMU is going to be a serious player in the SEC for many years to come and I'm pretty sure we will all be cussing them shortly.

Why? They just signed like 4 WRs and have a 6'5 freshman returning WR who had over 1,000 yards.. PT will be lacking. And not sure many people could name TAMU's WRs.. just b/c people know Manziel doesn't mean that the WRs will get big (even with nice #'s)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #44
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Why? They just signed like 4 WRs and have a 6'5 freshman returning WR who had over 1,000 yards.. PT will be lacking. And not sure many people could name TAMU's WRs.. just b/c people know Manziel doesn't mean that the WRs will get big (even with nice #'s)
The exposure is there thanks to Manziel, they are the hot new team in the West, plus I'm assuming every top rated WR think that they are the best at their position so competition probably isn't a major concern. 3 of their top 5 WRs are seniors while at USC our top 3 WR are so,jr and our next top 4 targets are TE and RB.

Our number one receiver had 560 yards, their top two had 1022 and 809.

Then as far as a scrambling qb...I think Shaw and Manziel are on par there.

I would much prefer him here, all I'm saying is I understand the decision.
Emery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #45
CockaThaWalk
Kick Dawgs Peel Taters

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervousCockaThaWalk is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
What? disagree. It's not like a top tier DE wanting to come here and learn from JD.. What can Jaquan learn from Manziel? Manziel is a spread QB in a spread system that has produced many crazy # QB's, who all flounder in the NFL. Manziel doesn't seem to have extemely high QB IQ either, he seems to make plays by scrambling around and insinct.. I don't see him reading through progressions/stepping up in the pocket often. Is Manziel the type of QB that will help Jaquan be an NFL pick? Unless they have 3 1,000 yard WR's I don't see it. Mike Evans and Derrick Griffin both >> Jaquan (both 3 inches taller too), and A&M has never been a "football factory", especially in terms of WRs.

It makes zero sense for this young man, I could completely understand if Manziel had all senior WRs and none coming back, but he already has great chemistry with Evans etc and Griffin will be featured heavily. Where is the PT for Williams? Can't wait to stomp them.. Clowney will introduce himself to Manziel and show him what a true elite talent looks like.

Also, I highly doubt Johnny football stays 3 more years, unless he has no NFL potential (in which case, he is another overrated college system QB)
I totally agree. It's very transparent in our position, no so much for a 19 yr old kid. Hype won out, but hype belongs at Clemson, not SC. We don't need this kid.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #46
scfanz
Game MVP

Male

scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Have a good'n.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #47
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:

IF he did go there to play with Manziel, that was probably a big mistake. With his size and style of play, I think the odds of him making it through much of a season without missing significant PT is pretty low. I wish him the best, as he gave us a chance and we seemed to give him our best shot, but don't be surprised to see A & M fall back to the middle of the pack and stay there for quite some time.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #48
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

AM will get figured out after this year. All smoke and mirrors like clemtech. Shut down the QB and shut down the O. We are fine at WR and will not miss this guy.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #49
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:

Fortunately for Manziel, Clowney will be gone the first time we get a crack at them, except if we both make the SEC championship game next year.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #50
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

So you guys are mad because we went from no chance at all of getting him, to a slight chance, back to no chance?

It's not like he led us on.

It's recruiting, don't let it butt hurt you.