CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ertman420
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
Ericvol2096
RGHoskins
usc90grad
rosstheboss
sporkgod50
Mangus now coaching (1045)
Can Tennessee get to (830)
Chick Redefines the (485)
2 Crazy things (450)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (436)
ESPN Article on HBC (428)
Spread vs. aTm (392)
The Bama series (345)
Lindy's top 100 for (341)
Ronald McDonald Gets (158)
2 Crazy things
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2001 vs Sandstorm
2016 Thon Marker
Mangus now coaching TEs
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Spurrier would take Clown

Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #41
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney is in Charlotte today...

Coach Tanner looks like the short one in the crowd.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #42
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
Teo won it. What a crock.
Agreed. This gives me another reason to HATE Norte Dame and pull for Bama to rip them a new a-hole.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #43
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

I would love to see Lacy truck Teo on more than one occasion during the championship game.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #44
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
Agreed. This gives me another reason to HATE Norte Dame and pull for Bama to rip them a new a-hole.
Hate the voters, not Teo. Say what you want about Notre Dame, but Teo has been through a hell of a lot and has had an amazing year as the heart of that defense. Personally I think Clowney should have won, but if anyone is going to get it over him I'd want it to be Teo.
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #45
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hate the voters, not Teo.
I said Notre Dame, not Teo. The horse shoe is firmly imbedded in the Irish's collective a$$ again, and Bama needs to knock it the hell out.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #46
stonecutter357
But Anyway.....

Male

CockyCash: 16551065
stonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot materialstonecutter357 is USC mascot material

*RT @JoshatTheState: Asked Jadeveon Clowney if he thought he'd win 2013 Nagurski Trophy: "Guaranteeing it. Who’s going to stop me?"
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #47
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

sparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurs

Rumor has it that the new Duke Energy Center downtown in Charlotte looked at Clowney the wrong way, so Clowney sacked it.
sparklecityspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #48
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

sparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurssparklecityspur has earned his spurs

Not to be a pessimist, but if Clowney is a lock to be number one or close next year, could he sit out next year? Is that legal?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #49
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklecityspur View Post
Not to be a pessimist, but if Clowney is a lock to be number one or close next year, could he sit out next year? Is that legal?
? You mean not play to avoid injury?
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #50
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

Yeah you could say that.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #51
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

Quote:
edit: I see what you are saying.

would probably effect his draft status
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #52
sparklecityspur
4-Star

Male

I'm not inviting the notion, but he's that damn good. God I hope he doesn't read message boards.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #53
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah you could say that.
If he were to sit out to protect his draft status it would...effect his draft status. Probably only by degrees considering the insane talent he is, but it would cost him.

Can't think of anyone doing that, though, and don't imagine he would. Big year means even more money, etc. a year out of conditioning, football, etc. plus he loves to play.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #54
uscgrad68
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 736
uscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spursuscgrad68 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
If he were to sit out to protect his draft status it would...effect his draft status. Probably only by degrees considering the insane talent he is, but it would cost him.

Can't think of anyone doing that, though, and don't imagine he would. Big year means even more money, etc. a year out of conditioning, football, etc. plus he loves to play.
..... and beat clemson. He made they statement we would not lose to clemson while he is here. SOOO glad he became a Gamecock.
uscgrad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #55
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
BS put MT in the SEC and see how well he does
He'd be an all American.

Of course I don't think he's better than Clowney, but don't think he's not good

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #56
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Clowney is the biggest one there!! How the heck did his mama keep him in line? Lol. I know she's proud of her son.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #57
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post

Not exactly the same but that is basically what Hayneworth did his Senoir year of High School. I will always believe that UT told him to make sure he didn't get hurt.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #58
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

So you seriously think Clowney is going to sit out next year?

hahahahaha You're outta of your mind.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #59
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I don't have a problem with Manti, I actually like him, but he's only getting this recognition because he plays for ND. He's not the best defensive player in the country, he's not even the best linebacker in the country. All these awards are just popularity contests... and someone explain to me how Manti is up for the Lombardi award, you know the one given to the best LINEMAN in the country?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #60
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Dang it. Just wrote up a really nice review of the event and when I went to post it I was told I had been logged out due to inactivity. What a waste (hate when that happens!).

In short, ND fans were by far largest fan base there. SC was #2. All of the finalists extremely nice. Brian Kelly very nice. All spoke to you like they wanted to talk, not just brushing you off. Kelly and Te'o so nice, humble I am rethinking my hatred for ND.

Kelly's speech was about recruiting character and how it yields success. I think SOS would agree with him (see Lattimore for example!). He says traditional family values are what's needed in today's society and I could not agree more. Te'o thanked his Mom and Dad above all for his accomplishments, said he had great upbringing and that was 100% reason for his success.

All in all, such a great event, cause and experience. The Charlotte Touchdown Club is doing it right. Good people all around. Clowney confirmed today he is definitely leaving after next season so I hope he is hoisting the Nagurski (better yet Heisman) this time next year!!

PS Joked about 35-7 with Jarvis Jones with Clowney sitting there and they had a good chuckle. Also Kelly told me he would take care of Saban when I told him I thought Saban was an ass. "I got him, don't worry about it!"