CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Sandstorm29
Cocks N Stuff
Gamecocks1137
cockybreeyan
CoverTwo
Travelin
aftertwobowls
Cockypantherfan
Wilds & Carson B (1110)
Marquavius Lewis (1033)
How Long Will The Re (716)
2015 - Jeremiah Dins (628)
Restaurant musts in (540)
S & F article on (328)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Spurrier Says " (226)
JC Shurburtt was jus (142)
'Lord of the Rings: (112)
The Vent and Coaching cha
So, why is next year goin
does anybody think we wil
2015 - Jeremiah Dinson -
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Wilds & Carson Back f
Restaurant musts in NYC


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #41
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass
 
Copperhead's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Saltwaterinmyveins, S.C.
Posts: 588
CockyCash: 1110
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

BUT we digress. I can;t even see LSU whipping up on cu as interesting.....entertaining definitely,but interesting, NO. K State also will not be able to stay on the field with O.
__________________

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #42
BlueInTheFace
Walk On
 
BlueInTheFace's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6
CockyCash: 500
BlueInTheFace has hatched from the shell
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

This board is entertaining.
BlueInTheFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #43
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid
 
Evilchicken2's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: richmond va
Posts: 3,550
CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
Please don't make generalizations about me that you have no idea about. I'm a beer drinking, gun toting, truck driving, football loving red-blooded American. I grew up in the upstate of South Carolina. I live in Summerville, I teach high school, I have two degrees from good Universities, one of them from the University of South Carolina. I'm a high school football coach, I'm hard nosed and expect much more from men as a whole than what I see on a daily basis. I love to have a good time and laugh and cut up. I'm probably the biggest cut up any of my friends know. I have a wife and a 4 month old who think I'm pretty darn awesome, and really that's what matters to me. I don't even like Starbucks.....or Macs....
OH SNAP!
__________________
I'd like to wrap a green strip around section 506 and then take it off slowly, like I'm disrobing it.
Evilchicken2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #44
gamecocks4
Walk On
 
gamecocks4's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Mill
Posts: 54
CockyCash: 500
gamecocks4 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

LSU is going to stomp Clem-tech. Our bowl should be #4!!!
__________________
GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!

gamecocks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #45
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life
 
gamecocks2210's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 47
CockyCash: 500
gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
Please don't make generalizations about me that you have no idea about. I'm a beer drinking, gun toting, truck driving, football loving red-blooded American. I grew up in the upstate of South Carolina. I live in Summerville, I teach high school, I have two degrees from good Universities, one of them from the University of South Carolina. I'm a high school football coach, I'm hard nosed and expect much more from men as a whole than what I see on a daily basis. I love to have a good time and laugh and cut up. I'm probably the biggest cut up any of my friends know. I have a wife and a 4 month old who think I'm pretty darn awesome, and really that's what matters to me. I don't even like Starbucks.....or Macs....
The whole reason you have been called out is because you made generalizations about every male on this forum in your first post. Irony at its best.
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #46
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life
 
gamecocks2210's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 47
CockyCash: 500
gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks4 View Post
LSU is going to stomp Clem-tech. Our bowl should be #4!!!
I think writers see this as an intriguing match-up because it's a high-powered offense vs. a great defense. But we've all seen what happens when they play a good defense so I'm not really sure why people think this will be a good game. LSU should blow them out, but you never know. I think it's also a lot of "it's two 10-2 teams playing each other" but everyone knows Clemson would be 7-5 AT BEST in the SEC.
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #47
seamus
Blue Chip
 
seamus's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: taylors sc
Posts: 696
CockyCash: 800
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlocked View Post
HAHA, it's like a VD that just keeps flaring up

No. 14 Clemson will try to put last season's Orange Bowl debacle -- a 70-33 loss to West Virginia -- in its rearview mirror for good
Tell me why I should care about anything clemsux does.
seamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #48
TheUSCMike
Starter
 
TheUSCMike's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pine Ridge
Posts: 1,357
CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
what is creepy about anything I said? Everything I said has been observed not only by me, but by others. It's even been stated in this thread. one poster even said he loves it and basically yuks it up about it. I don't know where our society lost the essence of what a man truly is, but, it's certainly lost. Our last great generation of real men is dying with the WW2 generation. Our society is in complete decay, moral filth is the social norm, and almost expected. When will we hold ourselves to a higher standard?
Not that it matters but I think that was a she, which would put a different perspective on her statement.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #49
Jubjub Bird
4-Star
 
Jubjub Bird's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 409
CockyCash: 400
Jubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his comb
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubjub Bird View Post
Can I just say that as a gal who enjoys posting on Cockytalk, I don't get the continual reference some of you guys make to defecating and urinating on yourselves. It's low brow, incredibly unoriginal and diminishes my enjoyment of the board significantly. FWIW.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Wow. Just got back to this thread to see that my post, quoted above, ruffled a bunch of feathers.

In reading over it again, I see how my post did come off as condescending, and for that I truly apologize. I typed it in a moment of frustration and I shouldn't have done that.

That said, in all honesty, the posts that reference you guys peeing and pooping on yourselves really do make me cringe every time I read them. And I have read them many, many times on this board (for some reason this is a very popular joke), although I have never said anything before.

I guess I'm just an old-fashioned gal, although I'm still relatively young. I love Carolina football and I love a good joke, but I'll never like crudeness. This is just the way I'm wired. Given my experience outside of CT, I didn't think I was so unusual in this regard: I have a lot of guy friends and we've watched a lot of Carolina football together, and they would never talk about going to the bathroom on themselves in front of me or any of the gals in our set. But then, these same guys still open doors for us, and maybe that would be considered crazy in these parts too. :)

Anyway, I won't bring up my feelings about these kinds of posts again. And I do appreciate so many of the other contributions you all make to a fun board.

Truce?
__________________
"Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!" Lewis Carroll
Jubjub Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #50
gamecocks2210
Gamecock For Life
 
gamecocks2210's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 47
CockyCash: 500
gamecocks2210 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubjub Bird View Post
Wow. Just got back to this thread to see that my post, quoted above, ruffled a bunch of feathers.

In reading over it again, I see how my post did come off as condescending, and for that I truly apologize. I typed it in a moment of frustration and I shouldn't have done that.

That said, in all honesty, the posts that reference you guys peeing and pooping on yourselves really do make me cringe every time I read them. And I have read them many, many times on this board (for some reason this is a very popular joke), although I have never said anything before.

I guess I'm just an old-fashioned gal, although I'm still relatively young. I love Carolina football and I love a good joke, but I'll never like crudeness. This is just the way I'm wired. Given my experience outside of CT, I didn't think I was so unusual in this regard: I have a lot of guy friends and we've watched a lot of Carolina football together, and they would never talk about going to the bathroom on themselves in front of me or any of the gals in our set. But then, these same guys still open doors for us, and maybe that would be considered crazy in these parts too. :)

Anyway, I won't bring up my feelings about these kinds of posts again. And I do appreciate so many of the other contributions you all make to a fun board.

Truce?
I don't think it was your post that got people offended. But I think I speak for many when I say that when we post in a forum such as this one, we're not thinking about the possibility of a woman being offended because of our posts. With these forums having a majority of male posters, some may respond as they would as if they were "hangin' with the guys." And with this being an anonymous forum, no one is truly held responsible for what they say and some take full advantage of that. I don't have a problem with that, but others might.
gamecocks2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #51
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP
 
4Ever2Thee's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,059
CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

I can't wait for it!
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #52
Jubjub Bird
4-Star
 
Jubjub Bird's Avatar
 
Female

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 409
CockyCash: 400
Jubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his combJubjub Bird is developing his comb
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks2210 View Post
I don't think it was your post that got people offended. But I think I speak for many when I say that when we post in a forum such as this one, we're not thinking about the possibility of a woman being offended because of our posts. With these forums having a majority of male posters, some may respond as they would as if they were "hangin' with the guys." And with this being an anonymous forum, no one is truly held responsible for what they say and some take full advantage of that. I don't have a problem with that, but others might.
Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for your thoughts!
__________________
"Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!" Lewis Carroll
Jubjub Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #53
ra742002
Game MVP
 
ra742002's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,634
CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

The gotcha never stops
__________________
FEAR THE SPUR



ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #54
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American
 
FanofCarolina1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Dakota (Yeah, it's cold)
Posts: 13,921
CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: ESPN Ranks Outback Bowl #5 Most Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by yFSC View Post
Your post was so self-righteous that it made me shit my pants.
I thought that was funny. I guess I'm an immature p.o.sh!t.
__________________
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #55
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC
 
uscgamecocks88's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,445
CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly
Default Best Bowls

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...urce=Gamecocks


According to this, we have the 5th most interesting bowl game.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development