CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
I Bleed Garnet
Ericvol2096
kingoftheroost
taylorssc
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
gadeneer1986
gamecockgal
Interesting quotes f (1314)
We're going to the N (877)
Have you ever been s (801)
Tennessee Offense Br (629)
This season and recr (349)
Women's Team Ranked (326)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (289)
Anyone have a recipe (273)
Key for 2015 defense (272)
Favorite online flas (185)
Lebron makes Cleveland re
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
Interesting quotes from D
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Key for 2015 defense
We're going to the NCAA T
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Coaches Dress Up for
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit
Default Re: Clowney Leaving After 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Josh Kendall...asking the TOUGH questions that need to be asked!

LOL

and in other news...

Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #22
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I don't ever recall a projected overall #1 pick coming back and I can't think of any consensus first rounders that have come back other than Barkley and Luck.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I don't ever recall a projected overall #1 pick coming back and I can't think of any consensus first rounders that have come back other than Barkley and Luck.
The Panthers would have taken Luck with the No. 1 pick.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Today is Tuesday.

I like beer.

#thingseveryoneknows
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMonticelloCock View Post
The guy is the #1 pick in the 2014 draft unless the #1 team needs a QB

I think JD can play a little QB if needed.........
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #26
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I can't blame Clowney. He's NFL ready right now. Still, it WOULD be nice if ONE star player would turn down the draft to stay every once in a while. It happens at other schools.
I understand your frustration with this, but Clowney is just not the kind of player you could expect to stay. Also, don't forget that Eric Norwood was planning to leave early and then turned it down.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

If Clowney stays for his Sr year, he's as stupid as the Clemson fans claim he is. And that's a dig at CU fans, not #7.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his combNCgamecock1981 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
He won't get that much guaranteed.
It will be very close. Both Cam and Luck signed 4 year, fully guaranteed deals a shade over $22M.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #29
Sax1031
Blue Chip

Male

Sax1031 has feathers coming inSax1031 has feathers coming in

would be dumb for him to stay
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #30
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
He won't get that much guaranteed.
Scam Newton got $22 mill and that doesn't include endorsements.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #31
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Peyton Manning
ShutTheSuccop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
uscsec
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 92926
uscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his combuscsec is developing his comb

We already know this..
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #33
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Peyton Manning
Leinart too. Ended up getting passed on. Of course he was a bust anyway.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #34
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

I think Cam may have gotten 150k more than Luck.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #35
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
It will be very close. Both Cam and Luck signed 4 year, fully guaranteed deals a shade over $22M.
Yea I read that wrong.
Didn't notice theirs were fully guaranteed.
Do know they had 14 mil signing bonuses, but one would think QBs would make more.

Ill tell ya this his next contract will be Mario Williams Level

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #36
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Geez, how will he ever make a living without a degree.....
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #37
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
Other way around.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #38
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
Yeah, wonder if Auburn is paid up now on that 180k?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Everyone knew he was going to leave. I personally wish he wouldn't advertise it as much when hes not even done his sophomore year.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
USC67
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
USC67 has feathers coming inUSC67 has feathers coming inUSC67 has feathers coming in

He will be here 4 years. I KNOW! See, I have this friend, that has a friend, that has a cousin, that once heard this guy talking about Clowney, and he says that he will stay 4 years.