CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
usc1
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
smoovecock
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (848)
Spurrier vs Saban (804)
Kansas to invest $75 (757)
When does fall pract (725)
An Air Algerie Fligh (279)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (268)
Anyone Switching to (259)
Expect A Healthy Dos (253)
Darth Vader 'Vette (191)
Signee James Thompson arr
Texags
Coach's media golf press
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off

Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #41
jtm12180
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jtm12180 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Clowney Leaving After 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrInk View Post
Per Josh Kendall:

https://twitter.com/joshatthestate/s...96565422137344

Being reported by ESPN as well. Probably news to nobody but thought it was noteworthy.
Thanks for sharing. Yeah definitely not news, it was a given the day he signed his LOI...
jtm12180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #42
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Just fine by me - my worry is that with all the hype and since he's already expecting to leave, he'll start to slack a bit during practice and S&C. Would hurt his own draft stock AND the teams chances next year.

Let's hope not! Maybe now he'll really kick into overdrive and work for an unheard of type season.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #43
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC67 View Post
He will be here 4 years. I KNOW! See, I have this friend, that has a friend, that has a cousin, that once heard this guy talking about Clowney, and he says that he will stay 4 years.
Was it this guy? Cause he told me that Clowney wasn't ready and plays too soft for the NFL. Of course he was talking through the ear hole of his helmet, but that's what he said.

gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #44
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

If I'm being honest, I have a problem with him leaving after three years. What happened to being loyal to your team? Your fans? Your school? Plenty of high profile players come back for their senior year because it's the right thing to do! And what about getting that degree??? Whatev. LMAO! GO GET 'EM JC! Can't wait to see you in the NFL!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #45
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

He's not a true Gamecock unless he graduates. Beat me to it^

wait on it, wait on it....gotcha
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #46
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Why would anyone make a thread out of this?

I'm gonna make a thread titled "The Sun came out today"

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #47
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceAlmighty View Post
Why would anyone make a thread out of this?

I'm gonna make a thread titled "The Sun came out today"
What is this "Sun" you speak of?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
He's not a true Gamecock unless he graduates. Beat me to it^

wait on it, wait on it....gotcha

Then I'm sure you'll be mad looking up at the ramps and seeing his records. up there.

Edit: I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST GOT WHITE TEXTED!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #49
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Then I'm sure you'll be mad looking up at the ramps and seeing his records. up there.

you got WHITE TEXTED!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #50
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
Just fine by me - my worry is that with all the hype and since he's already expecting to leave, he'll start to slack a bit during practice and S&C. Would hurt his own draft stock AND the teams chances next year.

Let's hope not! Maybe now he'll really kick into overdrive and work for an unheard of type season.
Seems like he's got a great motor to me. Especially for someone with such hype. Also, Lawing will sit his ass on the bench if he doesn't come to work, but he will.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #51
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Next year is a contract year for Clowney.

He's going to beast out.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #52
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I'd rather have a guy be up front about it than say a bunch of BS people want to hear like Sidney Rice did. Kudos to Clowney for being forthright about it.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #53
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

be thankful of two things:
1. that he signed here, he was a 3 and done wherever he went
2. that the NFL has that rule

cant wait to see him in the NFL, i just hope he doesnt get stuck on the Jags or a perennial bottom feeder like that....also somewhere on the east coast would be really nice so I could see him on TV more
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #54
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I'd rather have a guy be up front about it than say a bunch of BS people want to hear like Sidney Rice did. Kudos to Clowney for being forthright about it.

Yep, nip it in the bud right away to avoid all the media distraction. It will also help with recruiting his position.

You guys saying he should stay for 4 years/loyalty, etc. JD's impact on our program is already immeasurable, and on top of that, he still has another year to play for us. Shake his hand, thank him, and wish him well.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #55
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
my worry is that with all the hype and since he's already expecting to leave, he'll start to slack a bit during practice and S&C. Would hurt his own draft stock AND the teams chances next year.
It happened to Alshon.

Although, Clowney at 50% is still better than anyone on our defense.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #56
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post

Lololololololololololololol
pantera17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #57
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I just hope we can finally breakthrough his last season here and at least get to the SEC title game like we should have his first two seasons here and hopefully win it. Next year is our year.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #58
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
You beat me to it and that was the same example I was gonna use. I'd rather him come out and say it than leave us guessing. Of course Clowney was always a given to leave early.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #59
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklecityspur View Post
Such a selfish move on his part.
Anybody else see this post? lol
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #60
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

No shock here.
Knew when we signed him he was a three years and done guy probably.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote