CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
b381l
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
uscjeremynca
El Cid Ranger
Spurticus
auslander
GarnetSwarm1990
sporkgod50
PSU drops a prospect (2128)
Mizzou WR suspended (1049)
Blake McClain (802)
Best Offensive " (778)
What ever happened t (722)
Clemson, Auburn home (538)
Fall Camp. (475)
The Believer - Spurr (351)
Clowney's Madden Rat (211)
2017 - Jaden Hunter (201)
2016 - Mecole Hardman
2015 - Zack Bailey
Ranking the SEC Stadium A
2016 - B.J. Emmons
2017 - Jaden Hunter
Best Offensive "Trip
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
What ever happened to Phi
Re-Airing South Carolina
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti

Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
BrInk
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
BrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his clawsBrInk is sharpening his claws
Default Malzahn to Auburn

It's official

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...zhan_head.html

Quote:
AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn is expected to name Gus Malzahn its new head football coach today, according to multiple sources. The move will reunite the man with a playbook full of offensive wizardry with the university where he served as offensive coordinator just a season ago.

Malzahn and the Auburn search committee are expected in Auburn tonight.

Malzahn returns to Auburn after a year at Arkansas State where, as the head coach, he led the Red Wolves to a 9-3 record and a Sun Belt title.

People within the Auburn athletic department, and those close to candidate Kirby Smart at Alabama, confirmed the university's decision. Smart was told Auburn had chosen Malzahn today. AStateNation.com, a website that covers Arkansas State, also reported that Malzahn would be Auburn's new coach.
BrInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Re: Malzahn to Auburn

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=184718
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
LeeSC
Melvin bowls...overhand.

Male

CockyCash: 200
LeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot materialLeeSC is USC mascot material

Makes sense as Ole Gus already knows where the bodies are buried...........
LeeSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

With Malzahn in place as the head coach, Ellis Johnson's name is starting to pop up as DC....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Maybe it's just me but seems like this team will be pretty similar to Clemson.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Maybe Chad Morris to AU as OC or maybe HC at ASU?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The nc2a will have their boot up aubie's ass for sure now.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Seems like a lateral move to me.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Saw that he might be looking at Ellis Johnson for a DC.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
Saw that he might be looking at Ellis Johnson for a DC.
Auburn has had some success recruiting SC in the past. Adding Johnson to that staff makes Spurrier and Whammy's job of shutting the borders all that much more difficult.

No bueno.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Auburn has had some success recruiting SC in the past. Adding Johnson to that staff makes Spurrier and Whammy's job of shutting the borders all that much more difficult.

No bueno.
Any high ranking recruits in SC this year?
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Eh. There aren't really any Lattimores or Clowneys this year if that is what you're asking.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
2014 yes, 2013 not so much

Zero chance they go to Allbarn, Royal air is full of hot air... Whammy/SOS are better recruiters than EJ or Malzahn, neither scare me at all

Why would a player make a downward move to Allbarn when there is a much better school in heart of the state?

Plus we aren't going to get killed by the NCAA
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Why would a player make a downward move to Allbarn when there is a much better school in heart of the state?

Plus we aren't going to get killed by the NCAA
If you think SC is a step above AU you're having a laugh.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If you think SC is a step above AU you're having a laugh.

Right now, abso-fricking-lutely

Allbarn is a dumpster fire boss, you had what 2 or 3 wins last year??? LMAO. Meanwhile, we have had back to back 10+ win seasons, multiple top NFL picks, the best player in the country (regardless of position), 10x more publicity than AU, a legend of a coach, the most respected player in the nation (ML), huge primetime games, a dominant defense, the most exciting special teams player in the SEC, very stable coaching staff (and very good coaching staff), etc etc etc

Meanwhile, AU is it's own coaching carosel, the last image for AU is getting smacked by everyteam they played, and an epic beatdown by UofA... yeah, ya'll are the more attractive option right now

Allbarn fans are very delusional, you are no exception. The NCAA is coming as well.

But hey, relive your 2010 "championship"... my how quickly your program fell.

Karma is a funny thing, ain't it? Those oak trees were symbolism for your entire program.. poisoned and slowly dying (2/3 wins for AU still blows my mind)
Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Auburn is not a downward move.
Erik, how do you feel about this hire?
I know in the past you had said you were glad Auburn was going back to a more traditional power run offense (as seen this year).
Well now your offense does a complete 180.

I feel like in his system unless you have a superstar QB (Cam or Tebow) it ain't doing well.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Double post.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Much different reception than the last guy.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Auburn is not a downward move.
Erik, how do you feel about this hire?
I know in the past you had said you were glad Auburn was going back to a more traditional power run offense (as seen this year).
Well now your offense does a complete 180.

I feel like in his system unless you have a superstar QB (Cam or Tebow) it ain't doing well.

See above- historically, duh Allbarn is better.. but it's a what have you done for me lately world

Also, I am not a fan of Malhzahn unless, as you said, he has an elite QB.. which is very hard to come by (even if you land a 4/5 star, doesn't mean they will be elite).. Put ANY other player on that 2010 team at QB and they don't sniff the BCS or even the SEC west
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Auburn still has pulled in top classes even with their struggles.
College football is far from a what have you done lately world.

If it was Notre Dame and Texas wouldn't be making money.

#LukeForMod