CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
SwampFox
Winston (4355)
ESPN reporter adding (2193)
For the love of God! (1963)
SOS: No QB controve (1837)
Waldrop injured (1668)
Just read this. (981)
In light of our matc (889)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (866)
How we won the UGA g (805)
Christian Walker cal (533)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
ESPN reporter adding to t
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
In light of our matchup w
If this doesn't give you
Davis dinged up again?
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
Winston

Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #61
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Arkansas hires Bret Bielema

From what I've heard, his recruiting isn't the greatest. People don't see him being able to out-recruit other SEC teams.

If this is true, Arkansas is gonna be stuck in mid-tier status for a long time.

I also heard he wanted to get out of the Big 10 before Urban Myer and Brady Hoke start completely dominating the conference.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #62
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
From what I've heard, his recruiting isn't the greatest. People don't see him being able to out-recruit other SEC teams.

I also heard he wanted to get out of the Big 10 before Urban Myer and Brady Hoke start completely dominating the conference.

well I can definitely see where the SEC-W would be more appealing
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #63
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Quote:

It's nice when a HC can recruit, but he can hire recruiters that can help to make that a non-factor. It all depends on who he brings in with him.
DawginCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #64
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
It's nice when a HC can recruit, but he can hire recruiters that can help to make that a non-factor. It all depends on who he brings in with him.
True, it just depends who he brings on his staff. He will need some people with some ties in that part of the country. If he doesn't, it may take a bit longer to get it going successfully.

Quote:
well I can definitely see where the SEC-W would be more appealing
hah, good point. This could be more of a money grab also. He is coming off 3 straight Rose Bowls, this is a good time to up his salary.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #65
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
He does look like a grade A a** hole, but his wife is smoking.
This is ALWAYS the case
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #66
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
My man was running it UUUUUUP.
Get used to it, that's his MO, he does that to every team possible, he is known as a flaming jackass to 99% of other coaches.

He's responsible for like 3 head coaches getting fired after he ran up the score on them
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #67
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Get used to it, that's his MO, he does that to every team possible, he is known as a flaming jackass to 99% of other coaches.

He's responsible for like 3 head coaches getting fired after he ran up the score on them
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with any coach running up the score on any opponent unless it is a lower division match up.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #68
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Bad hire by the Sause! I don't see Bielema getting it done in the SEC. The fan base doesn't have the patience needed to see if he can succeed! He was on the hot seat as soon as he took the job!
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #69
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with any coach running up the score on any opponent unless it is a lower division match up.
He also ran up the score while running the ball. That team dump trucked DL's. What was the RB supposed to do, lie down?

I also think Bielma saw the long line of coaches in the SEC that are still being paid while sitting on their couch and said "Sign me up for that"
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #70
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Idk...wait and see for me. I mean I think he is a good coach. He walked into a perfect situation at Wisc..all the personel and coaches were practically in place. The former head coach stayed on as AD. All the "big" schools in that conference were either in turmoil or just not that good(osu, mich, psu) which opened the way for msu and wisc to do what they did the last several years. He is walking into a program that is in anything but stable condition, a roster full of Petrino style offensive players, and no regional recruiting ties to my knowledge. It seems like that could be at least 2-3 years of work to be competing with lsu, bama, a&m, and maybe even miss st and ole miss sooner than later. Guess we'll find out.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts about Bielema. Thought it was an odd choice when I first heard the news.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #71
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Quote:

Is that some inside scoop? Yea I can see now why he wanted to bail so he could get his teeth knocked in by Bama and LSU every year.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #72
carolina1962
Walk On

Male

carolina1962 has hatched from the shell

you do when your team is on short end of it
carolina1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #73
carolina1962
Walk On

Male

carolina1962 has hatched from the shell

he will have Arkansas in champship in three years if not sooner
carolina1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #74
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina1962 View Post
This made me laugh.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #75
lynesjc
Walk On

lynesjc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina1962 View Post
Really? I hadn't heard Arky was leaving to join the Sun Belt...
lynesjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #76
lynesjc
Walk On

lynesjc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
Arkansas hires Bielema, Auburn hires Malzahn, Kentucky hires Stoops, what is Tennessee waiting on?
It takes a little while to swallow your pride and accept Petrino...
lynesjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #77
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Petrino will probably end up at So Miss
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #78
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

Yep. He's hung 50+ a dozen times since Wisconsin hired him in 06. Put 83 on Indiana and 70 on Northwestern in November two years ago. Bret has beaten poor Indiana by an average of 38 points per game, and one of those games was decided by a field goal.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #79
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Bobby Petrino at Tenn would be SCARY!
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #80
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Dear Christ almighty what's our conference coming to?