CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
taylorssc
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
zcockz
PageUSC
DTGCOCKS#32
HBC Weekly Presser (1700)
Thompson Has Neck In (1381)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (787)
Zone Read Analysis w (693)
What fish do you eat (667)
Clowney didnt get ma (657)
4th & 1 Play (597)
KY Suspends 4 Player (573)
Request (348)
So What? (256)
4th & 1 Play
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha
Kentucky prediction
HBC Weekly Presser
Dylan Thompson looks brok
So What?
10-2
Bad Week For Upstate Coac
Thoughts on the basketbal

Old 12-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #81
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit
Default Re: College Football Coaching Carousel

I hear Gundy to UTenn from OKST
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #82
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
Not that anything that anyone says is gospel, but Pat Forde has some pretty deep ties with the Louisville athletic department, as I believe he used to be a beat reporter for the Cards before his national gig. I know that he busted the Petrino-meeting-with-Auburn stuff back a while ago, and that he and Petrino can't stand each other personally.

Regardless, I will be kinda surprised to see Strong leave right now. He's got the Cards in a BCS bowl, he's better than his in-state rivals, and he's going to a new conference next year that is more prestigious (The ACC, however weak, will always be more prestigious than the Big East) while maintaining the relative level of difficulty to a championship.

Strong's got a pretty sweet setup in Louisville. If the Papa John's money can keep flowing, there's really not a whole lot of reason to leave just yet. If at all.

Now, as for Fedora, something must be rotten in Chapel Hill for him to want to up and bolt already...
You made some good points, and I agree with you. Especially since the Louisville AD said a few weeks ago that he will make Strong the highest paid coach in the nation if that is what it takes to keep him there.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #83
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Would be a great hire. If that happens, I see OKST giving Chad Morris an interview.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #84
wshell
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 31680
wshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurs

If UT gets big league'd by Louisville...
wshell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #85
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

So is Chad Morris to big of a deal to consider places like Arkansas St or FIU? (just curious no smack intended)

Seems like what may be holding him back from getting jobs like NC State or Auburn is the fact that he has zero head coaching experience and little overall coaching experience at the college level. Why wouldn't he just do exactly what Malzahn did and spend a year or two at a smaller school??
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #86
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

ark st and temple have both been good stepping stone jobs
if someone wants to go up would have to consider
also not a bad place to land for someone like skip
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #87
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Would be a great hire. If that happens, I see OKST giving Chad Morris an interview.
I don't think so.
Their offenses really aren't the same.

Gundy is from a Mike Leach like system exactly the same Sumlin runs where Chad's is Malzahn's spread.

I think Gundy keeps his current OC and uses that system in the SEC as opposed to Morris'

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #88
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
lol
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #89
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I don't think so.
Their offenses really aren't the same.

Gundy is from a Mike Leach like system exactly the same Sumlin runs where Chad's is Malzahn's spread.

I think Gundy keeps his current OC and uses that system in the SEC as opposed to Morris'
Think he was saying ok st would make a run at Morris for their HC
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #90
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Chicken View Post
Think he was saying ok st would make a run at Morris for their HC
Totally misread that.

I don't think T Boone would be too happy with that.
People like to compare him to Malzahn (which is rightfully so as he runs his offense) but people don't realize Gus is 8 years removed from Springdale and has been an OC in the SEC twice

#LukeForMod

Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #91
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
lol what? UT is a much better job than coaching a mediocre Louisville program in one of the worst conferences in the nation. Not to mention the fact that he will surely get a pay raise.
I didn't say that Louisville was a better or more prestigious coaching job than UTK. What I said was that there isn't a whole lot of reason to leave Louisville if you're Strong. EricVol himself said that the next guy that the Vols hire will have about a one year grace period before he is expected to win eight or nine games a year. If you're taking that UTK gig, you've got FOUR programs that, every year, are going to be loaded for bear coming at you on the schedule in Bama, UGA, UF, and USC. And, as a state, you don't have the high school talent of any of them. It's not like Strong doesn't know what the conference is like, as he's been in the SEC for almost a decade. He's got a much easier path, and to greater success, at Louisville than he does at UTK right now. That's just fact. The Cards are much closer to playing for a MNC in the ACC than the Vols are in the SEC. And, it would appear, that the Cards have plenty of money to pay him.

Now, if Strong wants the challenge, and feels that he has done all that he can do at Louisville (something that I personally don't believe, as I really do think the Cardinals can perennially play in a BCS game), and wants to get into the pressure cooker of the SEC again, then he may very well make the jump. I'm not saying that he won't go, or that he even shouldn't. I'm just saying that he's got a helluva lot at Louisville going for him right now, and he wouldn't be afforded any kind of time to get things right at UTK. To top it all off, most of the Vol Nation will be pissed off at his hiring just because he isn't Jon Gruden.

Historically, OF COURSE UTK has been a more desirable and prestigious job than Louisville. That's not even debatable. But, as a coach, what motivates you? The opportunity to play in BCS games and possibly sneak into a MNC game on one hand? The opportunity to resurrect a dormant program on the other? Dunno. Don't even pretend to speak for Strong. Just offering some reasons why moving isn't necessarily a sure-fire step up at this point in time.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #92
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
@JimmyHyams Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is no longer in the UT coaching search, source said. Louisville's Charlie Strong remains a candidate.

Sports talk radio in Knoxville...
Old 12-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #93
Erik
Banned

Male

Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

Bummer
Old 12-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #94
d20636

Male

d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
Mario Cristobal out at FIU... funny, I thought he was an up and coming coach and a great hire by FIU initially
FIU - Just Do It (Don't really plan it out!)

The general public aren't the only people surprised by this news, either. An assistant coach at the school told CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman that he was shocked by the news, as he's currently out on the road recruiting and doesn't know what he's supposed to do. There's even a recruit coming for an official visit on Wednesday and the staff has no idea what to tell him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ario-cristobal

Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #95
d20636

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I would guess smart for auburn, just because reports came out they were interviewing him and then it is a done deal. But who knows. I heard alabama was hiring steve spurrier once upon a time.
At least now we might know why Kirby Smart wasn't hired at AU...

@KevinScarbinsky: Kirby Smart wanted full disclosure of Auburn's NCAA probe
Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #96
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

@BFeldmanCBS: Bobby Petrino gaining momentum for Arkansas St vacancy, according to 2 sources this morning

@DanWetzel: Now that's a heck of a hire RT @ChrisLevel: It appears that reports are true -- Tommy Tuberville is the next head coach at Cincinnati

#LukeForMod

Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #97
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Bobby Petrino to Western Kentucky. I never saw that coming.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...y-coach-rumors
Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #98
Erik
Banned

Male

Colorado hires San Jose St.'s MacIntyre
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #99
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Jacksonville State: Don't be surprised if MTSU defensive coordinator Tyrone Nix and Syracuse offensive line coach / recruiting coordinator Greg Adkins talk with Jacksonville State.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #100
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

So that's where Nix is...