CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
aftertwobowls
Cocks N Stuff
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
cockybreeyan
rioninusc
The Vent and Coachin (9223)
2015 schedule is bru (2969)
UF lets Durkin go (2389)
The U ends apparel d (962)
Marquavius Lewis (552)
Keeping it all in pe (503)
Wilds & Carson B (501)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (303)
2015 - Jeremiah Dins (256)
S & F article on (234)
2015 - Ulric Jones
**USC Women vs. Savannah
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 - Mark Fields
The U ends apparel deal w
2015 schedule is brutal
How Long Will The Rebuild
Restaurant musts in NYC
Bo Pelini headed to Young

Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: What's the biggest fight you've ever seen at a sporting event?

Forgot about a fight in WB back in the late '80's... forget which year or game but remember it was in the south end zone when that was the student section ( before the expansion). Anyway, it was late in the game and my father, bro in law, brother and I had watched a drunk fan(student?) was berating this woman, and had done so for almost a half. Well, my dad doesn't like that crap and asks the drunk to stop. This causes the drunk to focus his attention on my dad. That's the point the others and I circle around this guy (section was mostly cleared out by now), ready to pounce! Eventually cooler heads prevail and no blows were thrown, but we was gonna whip his a$$!! Lol
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #22
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

In game...at The Sarge, later 80s, brawl between both teams at 2B. Brian Williams just ran around the outside of the melee, bashing opposing players on the top of the head.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
In game...at The Sarge, later 80s, brawl between both teams at 2B. Brian Williams just ran around the outside of the melee, bashing opposing players on the top of the head.
haha i am imagining that

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
CardiacKemba
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervousCardiacKemba is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Back when Greenville had the minor league hockey team called the Grrrowl I remember attending a game where a fight went on for 10-15 minutes. It was a benches clearing and pentalty box clearing brawl with the Pee Dee Pride. Those teams hated each other so much and it was an epic fight. Greenville's best tough guy was in the penalty box and I remember him pushing the official in the box aside and skating back onto the ice to defend his teammates.. so freaking awesome.
That was my first hockey game I went to. That was amazing and by far the biggest fight I've ever seen in a hockey game (or any sporting event for that matter). Keep in mind that since then I have watched a LOT of hockey. Pads were laying all over the ice by the end of that thing.
CardiacKemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #25
Erik
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Erik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPitErik rules the CockPit

I'm on my phone, and can't link it, but the time the Bruins went into the stands at Madison Square Garden. Mike Milbury beat a fan with his own shoe, then chucked it onto the ice, so the fan had to go home with only 1 shoe.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
AikenRooster2112
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
AikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his combAikenRooster2112 is developing his comb

1993, I believe. Little ol' Williston, SC, which is in Barnwell County. Williston is a class A school, and had not had much recent success, until 1992, when they went undefeated, I believe. They went deep into the playoffs, but missed a chip shot FG against (now defunk) Jonesville, at their place(Jonesville is part of Union County, now). The next year, Williston didn't do as well, but, in the first or second round, we got Jonesville, again, this time in Williston.
I don't remember much of the game, but it was back and forth and Jonesville got a TD or FG, finally, and kicked off to Williston. Williston ran the ball all the way back down to the Jonesville 30 yard line. One of their players stomped on our players' head, repeatedly, after the whistle, after the tackle, well out of bounds, I mean, by the cheerleaders, and it was on then. Not only did both benches clear, fans from both sides joined the melee. I was stunned completely, The few cops that we had, and county deputies in Williston, were out there with the Billy clubs whoopin' anybody's ass that they could reach, friend or foe. This lasted 10 minutes, I know(but time goes by slower when you're young). There were 3 Jonesville players laid out after it was over, and when our players ran off the field, they all took their helmets and smashed the windows of the charter buses that brought the players down from Jonesville. Both teams were disqualified from the playoffs and I know, for a fact, that several of our players were out right expelled from school, for the rest of the year, one of whom was the son of a school board member.
The memory that I will take with me to the grave is that of senior Lee Clamp, on of our best players, who got a scholarship to Clemson(I don't think he never got to play, because they found something wrong with his shoulder). Anyways, he was just sitting on the bench, after the melee, staring at the scoreboard, knowing that that was his last memory of Blue Devil football in his life. If I was an artist, it would be the picture that I would paint. It is a haunting memory, and in one scene, it portrays what football means to southerners.

I don't know how you would find an article about this on the internet, but if I could I would post it.
AikenRooster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote