CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
NinjaSven
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
CoverTwo
johnnyb
A. Pilgrim
Rivalry Thoughts and (2908)
How is Shaq Davidson (1466)
This would be awesom (1189)
Perspective on our g (1109)
Currently 2nd in att (821)
SEC referees? (708)
Defense and offense (505)
Alshon - Bose (497)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (461)
**USC vs. UNC-Ashevi (304)
Greenville for the Clemso
Brad Lawing
Playstation 4
How cool would it be to..
We Have to Pass
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
weekend conference Predic
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose

Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #81
gobluejeff86
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervousgobluejeff86 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Arkansas hires Bret Bielema

After watching this guy up close for the last 7 years, I think Arkansas is getting a good-not great-coach who will build a respectable but not elite program. He's not a Saban/Miles by any means, and I have doubts that he'll translate well to Arkansas. Sometimes a coach who works really well in one region/style bombs out when he makes a radical change. (See Rodriguez, Rich.) The one thing he really lacks is imagination and creativity.
gobluejeff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #82
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

However you feel about his Wisconsin accomplishments, all this tells me is that the SEC can essentially get any coach they want from any other conference at any time.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #83
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejeff86 View Post
After watching this guy up close for the last 7 years, I think Arkansas is getting a good-not great-coach who will build a respectable but not elite program. He's not a Saban/Miles by any means, and I have doubts that he'll translate well to Arkansas. Sometimes a coach who works really well in one region/style bombs out when he makes a radical change. (See Rodriguez, Rich.) The one thing he really lacks is imagination and creativity.
I agree with this. I see him having a pretty brutal first season, then a few decent seasons...and then the fans get tired of him after 4 years and not gaining any ground on the top of the SECW
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #84
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
However you feel about his Wisconsin accomplishments, all this tells me is that the SEC can essentially get any coach they want from any other conference at any time.
I agree 100%. I mean dang Rose Bowl 3 years in a row and leave ! That sounds like the SEC is the new Grand Daddy of them ALL!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #85
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Just another crazy conspiracy of mine.
I feel like he impregnated another woman and his current wife is about to take all his money.

He needed a raise and saw Arkansas giving him the "hog" call.
He gets a pay raise and a new wife

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian

Last edited by I Bleed Garnet; 12-05-2012 at 10:52 AM.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #86
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Someone needs to find the article by some ESPN columnist a few seasons back - they ripped him and his style a new one

But praise Saban and Miles.

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #87
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
But praise Saban and Miles.
Are you really comparing Bielema with Saban and Miles?

Seriously...take off the hog glasses. You're not looking at this objectively.
FloydTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #88
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

He's a good game day coach, it's just whether or not he can recruit Texas and Louisiana against the big boys. That gentlemen's agreement stuff may come back to haunt him. There are no gentlemen coaches recruiting in the SEC.

I like Arky, and I like Hog, but even at Wisconsin Bielema is a hard guy to like.

Doesn't his wife look alot like the volleyball player on the bike with Petrino? Must be an Arkansas thing.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #89
Hog
1st Team All-American

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Hey Beer Man 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Hey Beer Man 
CockyCash: 1514690
Hog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot materialHog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Are you really comparing Bielema with Saban and Miles?

Seriously...take off the hog glasses. You're not looking at this objectively.

Oh my god, I was answering the posts that said Bielema was getting bashed because of his style of play, which is the same style as Saban and Miles (offensively).

I often contemplate, can this world get any dumber?

Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #90
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's kind of a similar background than saban although more successful in his big 10 stint, but coming from a much higher plane thanks to Alvarez.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #91
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Heath interviewed a sports journalist from the Big Ten yesterday after the news dropped and the guy did not feel that Bielema will be a good hire for Arky. He seriously doubts his ability to recruit in the SEC. If you remember, he blasted Urban Meyer for his SEC-type recruiting tactics at OSU and said that he doesn't believe in that type of recruiting and won't participate in it... yet he comes to an SEC school. The Big Ten guy also stated that he believes Beliema left because he knew his stock was at an all-time high, Wisconsin made it to a third Rose Bowl with a team that was on the decline, and that he saw the writing on the wall with Meyer and Hoke about to start dominating the Big Ten with elite recruiting and coaching.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #92
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

He is the heaviest piece of lard that has landed a coaching spot in the SEC since Fulmer

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #93
mmcox98
benchwarmer

Male

CockyCash: 420
mmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talonsmmcox98 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to mmcox98

I think it's a great hire for them, before Petrino i remember a couple of good running backs at Arkansas. The running backs were good, but they had some pretty good offensive lines as well.
mmcox98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #94
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

Quote:

'Bret'
Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #95
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcox98 View Post
I think it's a great hire for them, before Petrino i remember a couple of good running backs at Arkansas. The running backs were good, but they had some pretty good offensive lines as well.
Were their names Darren McFadden. Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis?
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #96
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

As a Gamecock fan, I'm quite alright with this hire, which is to say I think Arky blew it. Alvarez set him up in Madison and his teams are like watching paint dry.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #97
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
He is the heaviest piece of lard that has landed a coaching spot in the SEC since Fulmer

What's the dark-haired whore bent over in the background up to? Looks like a Wisconsinish type of party.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #98
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

What is that?
Attached Images

RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #99
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Bring Moe & Larry and you've got a coaching staff.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #100
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah he's scared of meyer and hoke so he ran to the SEC West. LOL.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote