CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
Acockolypse Now
MisterClowney
gamecockgal
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
B-G
MEL
The Yancey
Ace suspended 4 game (2110)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (1837)
watching the Alabama (574)
Sidney Rice Retiring (546)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (470)
A good friend of min (399)
Dan Patrick Show - P (348)
ESPN Insider (311)
Phil Steele's Colleg (227)
Pictures of older Co (200)
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Places to eat in Conway?
Sidney Rice Retiring From
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Ace suspended 4 games
Bonefish Grill
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Christian Pellage
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING GREEN

Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: It's been awhile since our schools played

I have always admired Michigan.... I have a vendor in Dexter(about 10-15 minutes west of Ann Arbor)... Well, went up there to visit them. After the visit, stopped by the mall in Ann Arbor to pick up the wife&kids some UM swag. I went to a place called The M Den, and one of the workers told me if I went to a specific gate, I could actually walk into the stadium... Well, I did...and I was really taken back...

It's not what I expected, it's kinda built into a big hole, and you really would not know it was there if you were not looking for it.... Now, once ya walk in... It's pretty damn big!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Dear goblue:

First of all, welcome to the board. I'm looking forward to a great game.

Secondly, if you or any of your family or friends are coming down for the game, will you please tell them to bring some colder weather and snow with them and drop it off in Georgia on their way down? It's too effing hot here to be December.

Thanks!

Luv,
==MEL==

MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #23
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I've always liked Michigan... But not this time! Go gamecocks!!

But afterwards, I wish yall the best of luck next year and beyond.

Edit:

Oh, and welcome to CockyTalk!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #24
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Dear goblue:

First of all, welcome to the board. I'm looking forward to a great game.

Secondly, if you or any of your family or friends are coming down for the game, will you please tell them to bring some colder weather and snow with them and drop it off in Georgia on their way down? It's too effing hot here to be December.

Thanks!

Luv,
==MEL==

Drop it off in South Carolina too! 76 in December is ridiculous.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #25
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Drop it off in South Carolina too! 76 in December is ridiculous.
76 in December is awesome.
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #26
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Sept. 21, 1985, I was in the press box for that game, and will never forget watching Jim Harbaugh pick our defense apart, and the Gamecocks could not get anything going on offense that day. I've wanted a rematch against Michigan ever since! Really looking forward to this game. It's a matchup against a quality team with a rich tradition and if we do get the win we can be proud of it.

I just came across this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0kwpdieneU

Last edited by johnnyb; 12-05-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: helped you out
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #27
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
76 in December is awesome.
Haha maybe it just me, but i dont like it
Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #28
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Welcome to Cockytalk. I have family in Michigan (Farmington Hills and Ann Arbor) so I'm looking forward to this game.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #29
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Welcome BigBlues! Looking for a great game and some informative conversations here. I must warn you, no alert you. You will encounter some not so........ well you will see, that freedom of speech thing, just don't hold it against the rest of us.
uscgmck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #30
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

IMO, this is the most exciting bowl match up we've had since Ohio State in the Outback Bowl. I really look forward to this game. I think other people do as well. I'm hoping that we can to go Michigan what Bama did. However, they've come a long way since that first game of the season. This one will be fun.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #31
DrCorona
Walk On

Male

DrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spursDrCorona has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
Did Quinton Washington really get moved to DT for you guys? what is the story behind that?

I hated that we couldn't land him...especially considering how weak our O-line has been
We've been super thin on the D-line....so it was a no-brainer that Q got put on the D-line. Has had a decent year. Not spectacular but solid.
DrCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCorona View Post
We've been super thin on the D-line....so it was a no-brainer that Q got put on the D-line. Has had a decent year. Not spectacular but solid.
thanks, just noticed it during the bama game and was wondering what prompted the move.

QW was a pretty good DT in high school, despite playing sparingly there his last couple of years.

It still would have been nice to see him and Aldrick Fordham (one of our backup d-linemen) go up against one another in the game since they were teammates in HS.
Gamecock303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #33
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

The thing I remember from that day in 1985...and confirmed when I saw part of that video...is how much bigger their guys were than our guys. It was astounding.

I don't think it will be that way on Jan 1.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #34
Theteam16
Walk On

Male

Theteam16 has hatched from the shell

One thing will determine this game...

Lewan v. Clowney

Scary

Those Who Stay Will Be Champions
Theteam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #35
cjssax
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1000
cjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his clawscjssax is sharpening his claws

Ive always pulled for Michigan over Ohio St...I hate the state of Ohio, hopefully it will be a good game. Go Cocks!!

cjssax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #36
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Will be a neat game. Always fun to play the schools outside of the south with this kind of tradition.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #37
BloodySpur
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
BloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spursBloodySpur has earned his spurs

Looking forward to a great game with ya'll... but just a little warning,,, this time around the Rebels will be wearing Garnet!!