CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
SC Sandlapper
So Disappointed With (1778)
Rank the QBs under S (1339)
Back like cooked cra (935)
Tennessee game (642)
Who start on the d l (599)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (434)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (323)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (145)
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #61
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material
Default Re: Charlie Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I honestly thought Fedora was the absolute-last-ditch option.

Guess I was wrong.

Back to plan A? Call Gruden and see if, seriously this time, you guys, he wants to coach the Vols?
At this point Gruden would look like he was taking Gundy, Strong, Fedora, et al.'s sloppy seconds. Petrino or Fulmer, I'm guessing. I hope not Petrino.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #62
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

They are going to have to find someone who is dying to get of their current situation. Calling Al Golden!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #63
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I still think Butch Davis would be a good hire for UT. Of course, he would probably turn them down too.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #64
Schecter
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

It's like they're the kid that keeps asking chicks to prom that are way out of his league, and they may play a long for a bit, but in the end, that bitch tells you NO!
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #65
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
Wow, the UT coaching search is turning into a nightmare. They'll be interviewing Kiffen before long.
I hear Dooley is available.......
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #66
govols/cc
Walk On

Male

govols/cc has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Strong knows that SEC jobs will always open up.

You think this will be his only opportunity to get into the league?

And you're trying to call USC fans delusional?
If he signs an absurd contract with UofL yes it will be a long time before he finds the SEC. It seems money was the deciding factor & truth is he just isn't worth it at this point.
govols/cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #67
RoyalAir
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
RoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudlyRoyalAir is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I still think Butch Davis would be a good hire for UT. Of course, he would probably turn them down too.
Forgot all about Butch Davis. Now that may be a very realistic possibility at this point.

I don't think he'll fare any better than Dooley, necessarily, but he's a head coach and he is available. I still don't know why he didn't fare any better at UNC while he was there. I mean, he had plenty of talent, and his staff was cheating like crazy. But still, not much success there.
RoyalAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #68
govols/cc
Walk On

Male

If I'm not mistaken Butch signed with FAU or FIU.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #69
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Petrino is waiting by the phone like a fat girl the night before the prom. Is the next call to Golden? Who else wants out bad???

Anyone get the feeling that Slive has put the cuffs on anyone in the conference hiring Petrino this year?? I do!

You top this coaching search off with Summit getting pushed out and the lawsuit against him from a former employeee and his backside is going to be smoking if he does not get a very good coach. If I am a UT booster I am beyond pissed right now.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #70
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You know Fisher leaving FSU is very interesting. I've read that a couple of times in the last few days. I wonder what the problem is between him and the school. It has something to do with him not being happy there. He's been there over 10 years....doesn't make sense to me.
From what I've seen, I think he's a pretty good guy, a good recruiter, and a good coach.
He is tired of playing in the little leagues. When he came to FSU it was to eventually take over a big-time program that commanded respect. After serving his time as an underling he kinda ended up jobbed. B Bowden didn't turn it over to him until all the respect was gone and the conference they play in was junked.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #71
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I feel like UT might reach in to the NFL for the next hire. All the good college coaches are taken except for Petrino. But they've already gone the hiring a D-bag route (Kiffin).
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #72
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols/cc View Post
If he signs an absurd contract with UofL yes it will be a long time before he finds the SEC. It seems money was the deciding factor & truth is he just isn't worth it at this point.
Ah! The "I didn't want to go out with her anyway" defense. A classic.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #73
govols/cc
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockRocker View Post
Ah! The "I didn't want to go out with her anyway" defense. A classic.
????? If its true UofL offered 4.5 over 5 years we would have been dumb to throw more at him. That's common sense.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #74
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Read on FB that Strong got $4.5 million per year from Lousiville. Anyone heard that?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #75
wshell
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 31680
wshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurs

Sonny Dykes just hired at Cal in case he was still on the UT radar
wshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #76
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Maybe they can just turn this into a marketing opportunity and have a new guest coach every week. Week 1 is Ditka, week 2 Lou Holtz, maybe you're down to Bobby Bowden by week 12, but hey it's all good fun. Or just skip the coach all together and let the fan call plays via Twitter?
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #77
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wshell View Post
Sonny Dykes just hired at Cal in case he was still on the UT radar
just a horrible offseason for la tech..no bowl, no coach.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #78
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Come on down Tommy Bowden
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #79
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Kirby Smart or Jon Chavis maybe for UT now? I think they would make a bigger splash than anyone I've heard that is left after Strong. Does Fedora or Butch Jones really move the meter any more than those guys. Throw an absurd amount at Patterson or Peterson maybe? This is becoming quite comical for the second time for the UT coaching searches,
Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #80
SwimCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPitSwimCock rules the CockPit

I have an idea. Why don't they make the Viles coaching position a reality show next year. The can have different celebrities coach the team for a week and film the whole process. Then, at the end of the season, the viewers can vote to determine who gets the job for 2014. Assistant coaches can be voted off every week too and replaced with new contestants to comprise the 2014 staff under the new HC. I would watch it.
SwimCock is offline   Reply With Quote