CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
b381l
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Order 66
Ahmad
wumarshall82
CockyGuy
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
400 pasing yards
Connor Mitch
I Was Dealing With The Lo
QB Recruiting Strategy
Any prospects w/whom our
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit

Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #41
gvillegamecock90
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 600
gvillegamecock90 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Play of the Year

For me, it has to be Ace's punt return against UGA. At that point, everybody started to think "we are for real" and "contenders" instead of pretenders. But that is when our season peaked. Unfortunately.

Loudest i have ever heard williams brice too. Place was CRAZY after that play.

31-9(5-1 vs. Clemson)
gvillegamecock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #42
SmokeyFTW
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SmokeyFTW is learning to peckSmokeyFTW is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillegamecock90 View Post
For me, it has to be Ace's punt return against UGA. At that point, everybody started to think "we are for real" and "contenders" instead of pretenders. But that is when our season peaked. Unfortunately.

Loudest i have ever heard williams brice too. Place was CRAZY after that play.
Agree ace was a beast on that play
SmokeyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #43
scgamecocks1984
5 Star QB

Male

scgamecocks1984 has hatched from the shell

For me, the Swearinger INT pick 6 against Arkansas one play after the bs personal foul.....mainly b/c i was at the game and know how crazy the east sideline went at that point
scgamecocks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #44
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
So which play this year for the Gamecocks do you think was the best?

Sanders punt return against Georgia?
Sanders punt return against Missouri?
Swearinger hit on Ellington?
Thompson 3rd and 19 draw for 20 yds?
Cunningham catch against LSU?
Clowney sack to win game vs Tennessee?

Others?
All are good. But i gotta say punt return vs UGA. I was there too, which made it better.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Lombardi Awards just named Manziel's dropped football then td pass in the Alabama game as the play of the year. Had Ace scored against a TD in the Missouri game on his punt return, there is no doubt his would have been named the play of the year.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #46
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Aces return against UGA was the best experience in WB.

The one against Missouri was the most amazing.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #47
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

For the Cocks, Clowney's sack against UT is the winner for me.

Invading stores now!!

CockyHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #48
USC4life15
Recruit

Male

USC4life15 has hatched from the shell

The Missouri play was INSANE, but for me as a fan, the UGA punt return for a TD by Ace was the top. Being in the student section when that happened was one of the coolest things ever. When he first fumbled, I got really nervous, and then he worked his magic. I was screaming and beyond excited while everyone else around me and in the stadium was screaming in excitement. Had random people hug and high 5 me and it was just a cool experience. That game was truly amazing, and I still get a little sad thinking about what could have been vs LSU and UF, but I am still proud of the Gamecocks.
USC4life15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #49
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Justice catch at Vandy. I think that play set the tone for the rest of the season. That play said,"Hey, you may hit us hard, knock us down for few seconds, but we are still going to hold on to the ball, and keep pushing, and we WILL come out the other side successful!"

Last edited by uscsandstorm85; 12-06-2012 at 01:28 AM.
uscsandstorm85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #50
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

the play against vandy in the 4th where cunningham caught the ball saved our season
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #51
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

Clowney's sack/fumble vs. Tennessee by far. Changed the outcome of the game.

Sanders punt return vs. Georgia number two, I almost got kicked out of a hotel because of it.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #52
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

How bout the hit that caused the fumble against Wofford toward the end of the game as they were driving to take the lead?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #53
usc51
Household Name

Male

usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC4life15 View Post
The Missouri play was INSANE, but for me as a fan, the UGA punt return for a TD by Ace was the top. Being in the student section when that happened was one of the coolest things ever. When he first fumbled, I got really nervous, and then he worked his magic. I was screaming and beyond excited while everyone else around me and in the stadium was screaming in excitement. Had random people hug and high 5 me and it was just a cool experience. That game was truly amazing, and I still get a little sad thinking about what could have been vs LSU and UF, but I am still proud of the Gamecocks.
I was in the student section too for that. It was so fvcking awesome. I was sitting there telling my friend that Ace better not fumble the damn ball and when he first dropped it I let out a loud "f***" and then he made me look like a dumbass. I was jumping up and down screaming "holy sh*t!" for 30 seconds or so.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #54
curious1
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

curious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot materialcurious1 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Others?
Without a doubt, if this play did not happen, the game against UT would have ruined the day furthermore the season....
Clowney sack to win game vs Tennessee.

JD Clowney says...."I'm PulverizingThat Athlete Yonder!

*last 5 years 155-71=STATE CHAMPS!
curious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #55
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

Quote:

Others?
JD/UT
If he doesn't make that play it was looking like UT was gonna score and our season might have taken a turn for the worst after that.
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #56
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

The only play that is burned into my brain is Latti going down. It's hard for me to enjoy the good stuff when I think of that.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #57
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Cunningham's catch vs. Vandy was pretty nice.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
DeadBallFowl
Recruit

Male

DeadBallFowl is sharpening his clawsDeadBallFowl is sharpening his clawsDeadBallFowl is sharpening his clawsDeadBallFowl is sharpening his clawsDeadBallFowl is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
What about the Byrdmans catch over Rambo.
My vote goes here as well. Talk about setting the tone for the game? Had Rambo got the pick there who knows how that game would've ended up. Amazing play by Byrd. Just unreal to see that in person.
DeadBallFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #59
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

According to CBS, it was this one...

Quote:
Gamecocks family reunion tops 2012 best moments in college football

The best moment of the 2012 season didn't happen during the game.

Family reunited in Columbia: Rarely does a 35-7 thumping of Georgia in Williams-Brice Stadium get upstaged in pregame, but Sgt. Scott Faile's triumphant return from Kuwait easily did just that.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...llege-football

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #60
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

You want make a poll about this?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote