CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
WeStillOwnUSC
Badazcock
gamecockgal
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
Order 66
ccured
Regalcock
roosterdude21
Boo This Man... (1166)
Gameday in Columbia (973)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (902)
georgia rewind... (844)
Stadium improvement (686)
Doniyah Cliney to si (619)
Why we'll dominate C (478)
Lammons out (393)
Where to Watch the G (368)
UGA is running over (276)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Why is hope solo still pl
Search Snacks
Gameday in Columbia
Stay focus
Stadium improvement idea
Where to Watch the Game i
Name a Gamecock
2016 - Jamie Skalski
Why we'll dominate Clemso

Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #21
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: notre dame has given up 2 rushing scores

No chance ND holds Bama under 100 yds. Now I'm not saying Bama will run all over them although I think they can, but they will give he ND defense all it can handle. ND hasn't faced a whole lot of talent all year. I'm now expecting Bama to stomp ND but am expecting a Bama victory.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #22
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Lacy will truck Te'o at least twice and easily rack up 100+ on the ground.

And I'm going to love every minute of it.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #23
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Alabama is gonna DEMOLISH notre shame! They barely beat Stanford in overtime. 3 Overtime win against PITT!! Thats pittsburgh people! And put up 20 against BOSTON COLLEGE, thats the ACC!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #24
Harrycock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Harrycock has feathers coming inHarrycock has feathers coming inHarrycock has feathers coming in

Bama will rush for at least 200 yds. and by the way, according to ESPN- 6 teams would beat the Irish in the BCS Championship Game. And possibly seven if Vandy was dialed in. Long live the SEC!!!!!
Harrycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #25
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Lacy is great, but I bet Yeldon is the one who give them fits.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #26
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

ND would've been an 8-4/9-3 team in the SEC. Can we become an independent so we can take the easy route to the NC game?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material

I seem to remember Stanford having 3 rushing TDs in one series vs ND. The refs just didn't think so.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #28
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
Lacy is great, but I bet Yeldon is the one who give them fits.
You may be right. All i know is at least one of them is going to do some damage.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #29
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Teo is all pro talent and would start on SEC defense. Post like this is why people hate SEC fans.
He may have talent but he would not be the player he is if he were in the SEC. Post like this is what make people not want to be here!!!
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #30
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
ND would've been an 8-4/9-3 team in the SEC. Can we become an independent so we can take the easy route to the NC game?
ND plays one of the hardest schedules every year.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #31
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
He may have talent but he would not be the player he is if he were in the SEC. Post like this is what make people not want to be here!!!
How can you even remotely claim to know that? It's just hogwash bullshit.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #32
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
I agree that ND played a legit schedule, but not the toughest. What all these guys ignore, is teams like ND and Bama, not matter who they play, will always have a tough game because every team sees it as their biggest game of the year. They, also, ignore the fact that ND beat just as many currently ranked teams as Bama has.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #33
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I agree that ND played a legit schedule, but not the toughest. What all these guys ignore, is teams like ND and Bama, not matter who they play, will always have a tough game because every team sees it as their biggest game of the year. They, also, ignore the fact that ND beat just as many currently ranked teams as Bama has.

You ignore the fact that yes, ND beat as many end of year ranked teams, but those ranked teams were not even on the same level as LSU or UgaY.

Secondly, ND struggled with weak teams, Bama destroyed them.. it didn't matter if it was teh other teams' biggest game, Bama did NOT have tough games except for 3.. TAMu, LSU, UGay

ND had "tough games" vs Pitt, Stan, Mich, BYU, PURDUE, USCw... I mean come on.

LAST, They both played Michigan.. Bama won 41-14, ND won 13-6.. nuff said right there
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #34
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycock View Post
Bama will rush for at least 200 yds. and by the way, according to ESPN- 6 teams would beat the Irish in the BCS Championship Game. And possibly seven if Vandy was dialed in. Long live the SEC!!!!!
1) Vandy wasn't even used.
2) They showed what would be the spreads if the 6 ranked teams would play ND. I believe Bama, LSU, A&M and Georgia were favored while UF (or they may have been 2 point favorite) and Us were picks. This was also 2-3 weeks ago.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian

Last edited by I Bleed Garnet; 12-06-2012 at 10:40 AM.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #35
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 View Post
I seem to remember Stanford having 3 rushing TDs in one series vs ND. The refs just didn't think so.
I remember that too. Especially on the last one where the runner was never down until he got in the endzone, but they blew the whistle when he was sliding on top of one of his linemen.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post

Yet they struggle against pansy teams like BYU, Purdue, etc ... hmm. If THAT is our Nat'l Champion, it's a sad year for NCAA football

#10 Oregon state played BYU the week before ND and whupped their tail, ND barely won by 3.. Put ND in the SEC I guarantee they get 8/9 wins MAX.

Golson couldn't cut it in the SEC either.. Teams like Arky, UT, etc etc have played better defenses (and much better offenses) all year, ND wouldn't seem so tough after facing LSU, bama, USC, Fla, Georgia, etc.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #37
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
You ignore the fact that yes, ND beat as many end of year ranked teams, but those ranked teams were not even on the same level as LSU or UgaY.

Secondly, ND struggled with weak teams, Bama destroyed them.. it didn't matter if it was teh other teams' biggest game, Bama did NOT have tough games except for 3.. TAMu, LSU, UGay

ND had "tough games" vs Pitt, Stan, Mich, BYU, PURDUE, USCw... I mean come on.

LAST, They both played Michigan.. Bama won 41-14, ND won 13-6.. nuff said right there
Notre Dame didn't lose to anyone and Bama did, guess there is no need to keep comparing by your logic. Bama was the best team in the first weak of the season and I am sure would have beat ND, but guess what it isn't September. You also get caught up in the how pretty the win is. ND is very similar to the LSU team under Saban that won the title. They don't score a lot but they also don't give up a lot of points. They win ugly, but at least they win.

Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss State all as weak or weaker than those teams listed. Also no D1AA team on ND's schedule. So Cal lost to 3 top ten teams, so that is a pretty solid win that you gloss over.

The funny thing is, if I had to pick who is going to win, I'd pick Bama to win. I just think all on here who don't give credit to ND are showing their bias. Also think that the game will be much closer than all the SEC homers on here are predicting.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #38
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I'd like to really see Dr Lou show up

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote