CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
WeStillOwnUSC
SCohioBoy
PageUSC
gadeneer1986
taylorssc
ACPhilson
KaneisAble
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1240)
4th & 1 Play (1219)
Kentucky prediction (1071)
Just Booked my Hotel (1000)
So What? (554)
Best position coach (434)
Jeopardy: USC and th (377)
Travis Bell's Photos (310)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (203)
So What? (154)
Really excited to visit t
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
QB Recruiting Strategy
How to get USC vs KY Stre
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
The New Idea That'll Fix
400 pasing yards
Kentucky prediction
Looking for 2 for Kentuck
4th & 1 Play

Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
4Ever2Thee
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2940
4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit4Ever2Thee rules the CockPit
Default Re: Has Clowney exceeded your expectations?

Yes
4Ever2Thee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #42
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 500
rt3891 has hatched from the shell

Absolutely Yes! We have had some good/great players go through Columbia, but by the time it's all said and done, he may be the greatest we've ever seen here, if not already. ESPN knew damn well they were onto something by helping delay his announcement, had interest in Bama in the beginning, buy never in Clemsux in my opinion, just ploy bullshit by them. This kid is a rare talent and is 100% Carolina (yes Dabo, South!)! Will hate to see the day he declares for the next level, but can't at all blame him. I'm just glad and we are all Blessed to see him in the Garnet and Black for one more year, can't wait to see him in the bowl and next year!
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #43
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I figured that anytime you make the transition from high school to college football, there's always going to be a learning curve. Clowney went thru the same thing and he knew he had some things to learn, but even still he really came thru for the team in a big way his freshman year.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #44
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

I would honestly love to see Chaz at linebacker. I think he could really do well at the mike or will. Dude is a baller, Melvin type talent that could put his hand down when needed but we could really use some leadership and experience at LB. Just a thought.
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #45
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Chaz Sutton
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Christian View Post
I would honestly love to see Chaz at linebacker. I think he could really do well at the mike or will. Dude is a baller, Melvin type talent that could put his hand down when needed but we could really use some leadership and experience at LB. Just a thought.
Sorry, I meant to quote a post earlier in the thread that mentioned Chaz on the other side of Clowney and thought about this ^ but forgot to hit the quote button. As far as the O.P. goes, Clowney has pretty much done what I thought he would. When I first saw his senior highlights from H.S. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and remember thinking, if we get this kid he is gonna smash our sack records along with some others probably. Unbelievable talent. I'm just so happy he signed with us. If he would have picked that Clemmy hat up I would have vomited.
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #46
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Yes...I can think of two games that we would have lost without Clowney, UGA last year and UT this year, just off the top of my head.

It's rare that a defensive end actually has a game winning play, but to have multiples?
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #47
Cocky Doodle
Gamecock 4 Life

Male

CockyCash: 125833
Cocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his comb

Its nice when high touted recruits actually produce as fans hope. In past years that has not always been the case. But under Spurrier there has been a pattern of success - Gilmore, Latti, Clowney, etc - of players actually living up to the hype. I believe the difference is this coaching staff not only goes after talent, but also looks for sound character. I also believe that is the driving reason why the culture has changed so much on the football team. Kudos to Spurrier and staff!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #48
dan.man.44
Recruit

Male

dan.man.44 is learning to peckdan.man.44 is learning to peck

I was at the Georgia game last year, and when he made the play on the Dawgs QB I knew then that he was something special. He has been a very special football player, and has already made a name for himself in Gamecock history.
dan.man.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #49
Next Year
Synthetica

Male

CockyCash: 977700
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

He is great and more than I could hope for on and off the field.

I am still waiting on the 20 sack season.

That is not a slam on him but the non-holding calls.

He has been handling the holding like a champ.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #50
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Honestly, no.

He's exactly what I thought he'd be, a dominating defensive player.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #51
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Yes, he has so far! Coming in and playing as much as he did as a True Freshman just shows what a talent USC has in JDC. I know that this year he has not been 100% in most of his games and he still puts fear into the other teams offensive game plan. JDC is the most dominating player in college football today and he is only going to get better. He gets held on so many plays that should be called and then there is the "double teams and sometimes the triple teams" on him. Taking all this into consideration, I think JDC is like Bo Jackson when he first came on the scene at Auburn, he just gets better with each game. He is the type of player that you get once in every ten years. This is no disrespect to our other great players, but guys like JDC, Marcus Lattimore, and Alshon Jeffery are game changers and are head and shoulders above 95% of their competition that they play against each week.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #52
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Yes, period.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #53
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Not even close actually. Has he been outstanding? Everyone who has watched college football this year should know the answer is yes, but after hearing all the hype that surrounded him coming out of high school and reading the comments by some posters on here when Clowney committed, I was expecting him to come in and not only break the NCAA record for sacks in a season (24 by Terrell Suggs), but also to break Norwood's school record in that same season. I mean surely people didn't go overboard with the hype, did they? By my estimation, Clowney has been very underwhelming by comparison.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #54
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Yes.
I thought he would be good...but I didn't think he would be THIS MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE!
Honestly, I don't know of anyone that can block him one-on-one (we will see what Michigan's great LT can do).

The scary part is, he is still learning the position...another year with Lawing, another off-season condition...he may blow the sack record out of the water next season.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote