CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
aftertwobowls
Sandstorm29
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
rioninusc
Regalcock
GregoryHouse
The Vent and Coachin (8246)
Disturbing comments (3233)
2015 schedule is bru (2501)
UF lets Durkin go (2179)
2015 Early Enrollees (1704)
SOS...a day late &am (1146)
**USC Women vs. Hamp (1125)
The U ends apparel d (744)
Bobo to Colorado St? (729)
Keeping it all in pe (411)
The Vent and Coaching cha
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
Wilds & Carson Back f
SOS...a day late & do
2016 - John Simpson
2014-15 Early Enrollees
2015 Commitment - Dexter
2015 schedule is brutal
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Ulric Jones

Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default Remember Kenny Miles?

I wouldn't mind us doing something to remember KM more. I know stats and play time may not dictate a name inside the stadium, but something to let players that come here know, anyone can play on any given day.

I think something could be done to motivate our 2 and 3 deep to continue to play hard and realize they could go in at any time. Similar to a 6th man award, or some how memoralizing him as a "12th man" though that doesn't fit perfectly either.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material
Default Re: Remember Kenny Miles?

The Kenny Miles Fu Manchu of determination. The player who shows the most heart and resiliency gets to wear it each week

Mick Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

No way. There have been a lot of great Gamecocks with a lot of heart that were always ready to give whatever they could. Whether it was Erik Kimrey on the fade or David Pitchko, RIP, or Kurt Frederick both always seemed 8.5 yards downfield on 3rd and 8 and never dropped a ball. The greatest backup in Gamecock History, Mike Hold. Mike Rath at Kentucky. Way too many guys to mention.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Emery
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Something doesn't feel right about it and I think it's because this is what backups are supposed to do every week.

Really, I think people are still getting used to the fact that USC has actual depth now at skill positions and is developing depth along the lines.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I didn't say he had to be the only one to get it . . . .
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

The best thing we can do for these kinds of players is to support them on and, when appropriate, off the field.

I understand the OP's point but, as was mentioned, plenty of guys sacrifice and never once see the field.

I'm sure he'd appreciate your appreciation of him!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Go Cocks 29
Hall of Famer

Male

CockyCash: 200
Go Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPitGo Cocks 29 rules the CockPit

I think what makes Miles situation different is he was once the starter then for two whole years as the upper classman stepped up when we needed him to. not once or twice, but 3 or 4 different times he has been the lone guy standing and our production didn't fall off like it would have in most places due to the number of injured RB's
Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Kenny was a special player for us...a hard worker who finished here.\
Maybe do a spring game award or something for an upperclassman who may not play much, but works hard in the same way Kenny did for us.

Of course, I think he has something special for us in the Outback Bowl.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
JTsecSC
Jon Gruden's lovechild

Male

JTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervousJTsecSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Kenny was a special player for us...a hard worker who finished here.\
Maybe do a spring game award or something for an upperclassman who may not play much, but works hard in the same way Kenny did for us.

Of course, I think he has something special for us in the Outback Bowl.
Being the MVP of the bowl game his senior season, where he started as the 2nd stringer, would be awfully special.
JTsecSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
superfly
Game MVP

Male

superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

The team has their own inhouse awards at seasons end and for the spring. The people who probably matter most to the players will award them....their teammates.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Our memory and respect are sufficient honor enough I reckon
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
JQ94
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talonsJQ94 has developed his gaff and talons

Old 12-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
OscarTheGrouch
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 440
OscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPitOscarTheGrouch rules the CockPit

Kenny will get all he deserves in life.. I love him- he is a great player and will continue to be successful no matter what he he choses to do. We honor him best by cheering for him when he plays.
OscarTheGrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

It's interesting to remember that he came in with Jarvis Giles, and fans were excited about both guys. Shows you what a difference a good hard-working attitude can make, between two guys who were at least pretty close talent-wise. Kenny can hold his head high around here forever. Jarvis surely is living with regret.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

We'll always remember Kenny fondly...thanks Kenny for being a great Gamecock!
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I believe a lot of people think of Kenny as a "Good Player" for the Gamecocks
during his career and thank him for what he's done, but I'm of the opinon
that a lot of fans don't really understand Kenny's importance to what this
team has done the last 3-4 years. I will go on record here and say if we
don't have Kenny Miles on this team we are not a back to back 10 win
team (possible back to back 11 win team).... Without Kenny Miles we
are not riding a four game win streak over Clemson, and Without Kenny
Miles we would have seen season ending collapses in 2011 and 2012
similar to that of the 2007 season. Without Kenny we lose to Nebraska
in the Cap 1 bowl last year. Not only for the obvious outstanding job he
did when Marcus went down in 2011 and again this year, but his ability
to pick up the blitzs and stunts. We did not have another back that was
capable of that when Marcus went down. It was also for his leadership
and his attitude with the underclassmen that made him so special.

We all praise heavily the accomplishments of Connor, Jadeveon, DJ, Alshon,
DeVonte, Stephon, Marcus etc..... but IMO, Kenny Miles was the single
most important player in this teams recent success and accomplishments.

Take Kenny out of the Mix and we are not a Top 10 Program the past
two years, and we don't have bragging rights in the State again. Kenny
was a true team player and will be considered in my mind as one of the
best that ever put on a Gamecock uniform
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
KEmmrich
Walk On

Male

KEmmrich has hatched from the shell

Kenny was everything a gamecock football player should ever be. I wish he could apply for another year of eligibility!!! He is a great gamecock! I think he might get at least a shot in the NFL or CFL. If not -- graduate assistant coach sounds good to me.
KEmmrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

I think Kenny Miles was the Patrick DiMarco of this team the past last 2 years.

Maybe not the most talented running back, but he did what he was asked to do--performed very well when called upon, and set an example of leadership for the younger players. Yeah, his hard-nosed performance in the bowl game against Nebraska was absolutely legendary.

btw-didn't Kenny play special teams at times, as well?

Thanks Kenny - good luck at the next level!!

GO COCKS!!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I agree with spurt on this.Kenny could've went to another school and padded hs stas,but he didn't.I think he shows that the school can can student ahtletes with very high character.It's a testament to our coaches for what the have done.I greatly appreciate what he has done for this team.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #20
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

I love Kenny Miles. He took his shirt off at the Spurrier Ladies Clinic. There were happy women! He is a great person and athlete. I am glad he stayed with us. His future is bright. I love the pic he snapped on CU's field when he was doing some kind of internship. He has owned that stadium.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote