CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
gamecock88
uscgmck
HelleraisingCock
3MTA3
Latti
JerseyBird
GamecockInHell
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Jameis Winston's Accuser

View Poll Results: Who is the number one guy on your board?
Tyrone Crowder 12 13.64%
Larenz Bryant 16 18.18%
Kelsey Griffin 2 2.27%
Matt Rolin 25 28.41%
Michael Hill 8 9.09%
Na'Ty Rodgers 2 2.27%
Mike Williams 16 18.18%
Tyshon Dye 2 2.27%
David Williams 1 1.14%
MarQuez North 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #13681
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mackensie Alexander Thread (2013 Prospect)

Personally think this kid is one of the top CB's in the Country. Better prospect than Langley or Wiggins.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #13682
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit
Default Re: can early enrollees attend bowl practices?

Lane frequently made up his own rules so if he did this it might not have been kosher
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #13683
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb
Default Re: Carl Lawson Thread (2013 Prospect) - Auburn

This should get interesting down the stretch!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #13684
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Yannick Ngakoue Thread (2013 Prospect)

This guy would be a huge pickup IMO. Out of the linebackers coming in, you would think Yannick would be one of the first to contribute right away because of his size. He is already 6'2 230 pounds (some sites say 6'3 240), and he is rated as one of the top 15 ILB in the nation. Yannick will visit Maryland this weekend, and Miami next weekend. With looming probation in Miami, I say it is safe to cross them off the list. And with Tennessee taking so long to find a coach, it puts their position with him at a standstill. Maryland is of course the home state, but he already decommitted from them, so not sure where his feelings lie with that. I would say our chances are pretty good, especially with our coaches making their way up north to visit prospects in that area, including Yannick. And also because he will likely be down during our big recruiting weekend in January.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #13685
bcgibson75
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Huh? Top 5 recruiting classes the past 4 years seems a decent job
Still drinking the 'Trooper Taylor questionable/dirty recruiting' kool-aid, are we?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #13686
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Huh? Top 5 recruiting classes the past 4 years seems a decent job
HA. You sound like a Clemson fan.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #13687
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
Lane frequently made up his own rules so if he did this it might not have been kosher
Yeah lane wasn't exactly the second coming of honest abe. Maybe coaches are allowed to let EEs practice but generally prefer to focus on preparing the players who will actually play in the bowl game during their bowl practices.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #13688
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

It's not unheard of for EE's to do some light practice with the team as they prepare for the bowl. In those cases the kids have already been accepted by the school and have registered for classes. Christian LeMay did it a couple of years ago at UGA.

Obviously, they can't play in the bowl games.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #13689
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
It's not unheard of for EE's to do some light practice with the team as they prepare for the bowl. In those cases the kids have already been accepted by the school and have registered for classes. Christian LeMay did it a couple of years ago at UGA.

Obviously, they can't play in the bowl games.
Cool. Anyone know of any examples of spurrier doing this?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #13690
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post

No, it's allowed. I know other schools do it, too. It's just UT was the first one I knew that did it.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #13691
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Johnson is a Defensive linemen and yes we would take Ngakoue
Remember Turner may also end up on the line.
He kind of reminds me of Melvin Ingram.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #13692
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: Matt Rolin Thread (2013 Commitment)

Don't shoot the messenger... but I heard he aint enrolling early anymore
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #13693
FloydTheBarber
Banned

Male

FloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot materialFloydTheBarber is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Where did you hear that?

If people actually manned up and named their 'source' then they wouldnt have to worry about the messenger being 'shot'
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #13694
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Kind of had an odd feeling this was going to happen if it's true, and if it is, I don't see him coming here.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #13695
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
Where did you hear that?

If people actually manned up and named their 'source' then they wouldnt have to worry about the messenger being 'shot'
Another recruit on twitter. I dm'd him.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #13696
Mick Chicken
Banned

Male

Mick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot materialMick Chicken is USC mascot material

The weird gets weirder
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #13697
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Remember Turner may also end up on the line.
He kind of reminds me of Melvin Ingram.
I agree, Turner has the frame to grow into a size like Melvin. Both are not the height you would prefer for a defensive lineman, but they have the athleticism to carry a heavy, muscular body with force to cause havoc in the backfield, while also being able to do a little zone coverage. Melvin came in as a RB, and then was moved to LB before finding a home on the d-line. I see Gerald starting off at LB and then moving to d-line like Eric Norwood. The coaches already talked to Gerald about playing the Melvin Ingram position, aka the Eric Norwood position, so if that were to happen, then signing Yannick will definitely strengthen our linebacker core, as we could see both of them on the field at the same time in the future, along with Kight Dallas competing for playing time as well.

I really like how the coaches have built the foundation with the defensive-line, and now they are stocking up on quality linebackers to solidify the front seven. We are really building a defense I can see putting us in position to win a national title down the line.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #13698
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Was selected to play in the Under Armour All-American Game.

Congratulations to him.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #13699
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Hope we land Ngakoue. Get the feeling Rolin isn't coming here.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #13700
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

Besides he keeps talkin about wearing the jersey in the UA game